Saiga-12 stove pipe problem

hello

my  saiga 12 is driving me nut.

i have had the bolt polished buy the guy on here.  sorry cant remember his name. i have got the carolina shooter reliability kit and gas plug. my barrell has 3 holes i can stick a paperclip in.  with fiocchi 00 buck 1325 fps. and remington 00 buck 1320 fps my gun stove pipes on the most gas setting on down to the 1st. i ve stoned the bolt slides in the reciver.

i am thinking about drilling the holes in the barrell bigger. i dont no.

any ideas?

is there a good gun smith that can send it to.

thanks for you help and thoughts 

hello

my  saiga 12 is driving me nut.

i have had the bolt polished buy the guy on here.  sorry cant remember his name. i have got the carolina shooter reliability kit and gas plug. my barrell has 3 holes i can stick a paperclip in.  with fiocchi 00 buck 1325 fps. and remington 00 buck 1320 fps my gun stove pipes on the most gas setting on down to the 1st. i ve stoned the bolt slides in the reciver.

i am thinking about drilling the holes in the barrell bigger. i dont no.

any ideas?

is there a good gun smith that can send it to.

thanks for you help and thoughts 

There is so much info on the topic here, and your post is so vague.

We don't know almost anything necessary to answer your question, or who did what work to your carrier.

If you want quality help, you should start by taking the effort to give pictures, complete information, and while you are at it complete sentences. Also use google to search the site for answers. Otherwise you are wasting your and our time.

Usually, the #1 setting would be correct for that load, assuming you have it in there correctly.

"Reliability kits" are the wrong fix.

3 ports can work, but they tend to need to be big. 4 ports a 0.087" - 0.093" is the range of what most find work well. 5 ports at slightly smaller sizes are my preference. The ports should be angled.

Polishing does next to nothing, but a full re profile is helpful.

We don't know what your trigger group is, or whether you have your puck and plug in correctly.

We don't know whether your ports are plugged.

00 buck at X fps is almost enough information to be able to draw a conclusion, but without either weight or pellet count to extrapolate the weight, it still isn't meaningful.

stoning the rails was a helpful thing to do.

Oh and the guy above me is a gun smith you could send it to. There are several in the advertiser's section here who could do good work to it, if they have room in their schedules.

Well I checked my email records and sent one email to a guy named Parker I did some work for 4 yrs ago. He already answered back and looks like it's not him. Only other Parker was an SBS's bolt job another year. Tried to help anyway... At first glance it sounds to me like he needs to test the gun with all original gas system parts, and if it's been converted make sure the hammer was done correctly. Also with only 3 ports large enough to "stick a paper clip in..."...that's normally not enough to cycle low brass well, but it should still cycle buck and slugs.

Oh well good luck.

• Like 1

thanks guys. it was paul poliski or some thing like that  did the polish work. boy that was a joke. 

here are some pictures.. at first what i was looking for is a gun smith recommendation.

but with everyone's help maybe i can fix it.   i have taken many different guns apart and did trigger jobs on them

the first two in the sn # is 12 . so 2012. i bought it in 2013

i have the carolina shooters supply reliability kit. with the flat end of the plug to the rear

the bolt polish job. and the bolt hold open is all ive done to it.

i did put the factory plug back in it. still stove pipes on both settings.

the shells i am trying are fiocchi 12HV00BK. thats all it says on the box.

the remington  buck shot shells .2.3/4 1325 fps  9 pellets 00bk

i m all most sure it was working after i got it put back together. but it not now

when i try to attach pictures i get Error The server returned an error during upload.??

any ideas there.

many thanks for for help. 

Edited by rparker1866

Well I checked my email records and sent one email to a guy named Parker I did some work for 4 yrs ago. He already answered back and looks like it's not him. Only other Parker was an SBS's bolt job another year. Tried to help anyway... At first glance it sounds to me like he needs to test the gun with all original gas system parts, and if it's been converted make sure the hammer was done correctly. Also with only 3 ports large enough to "stick a paper clip in..."...that's normally not enough to cycle low brass well, but it should still cycle buck and slugs.

Oh well good luck.

it wasnt you. i wish it had been. that was the worst experience i have ever had with anything i have had done.

i think his name was paul.  russian or  polish last name . maybe in  oregon 

• 2 weeks later...

how did you measure? That seems pretty small to me. 

One of mine was 4 @ 0.76" before I opened them up. It now has 5 at 0.83" IIRC, and will run 2 3/4 dr eq of some brands.

Others maybe, and most if you shoulder it firmly. (I don't count that as running 2 3/4 dr eq, because the gun should not need my help to function. I do count that as very solidly running 3 dr eq and hotter without a hitch, and without having it brutalize itself with the max load 3" mags.)

If you reduce file size, then the website will let you upload. Otherwise, upload full resolution to imgur, and copy/paste the image link here for your pics.

Oh well good luck.

it wasnt you. i wish it had been. that was the worst experience i have ever had with anything i have had done.

i think his name was paul.  russian or  polish last name . maybe in  oregon 

There was a guy named Pauly that talked a big story about polishing bolts.  Then he decided to quit without bothering to send back people's parts

Put the factory parts back in the weapon. As Cobra said, if it does not have the factory hammer it probably needs some re-profiling.

2012 should run fairly well on 3.25 dram and stronger. Are the loads that are failing rolled crimp loads? If so, try some Remington Express 2-3/4" and maybe some 1300 fps Winchester AA.