STOLEN SHOTGUN

I am considering the gun stolen at this point because of all the information I have surrounding the situation.. I am not going to go into detail about peoples personal lives.. but sent the gun to a once reputable smith.. and now hearing very concerning stories about this person.. 

If anyone comes across any info it would be appreciated.. 

s12final3.jpg

Try to contact the smith by phone and email. Send registered letter.

If no joy, then:

Get in touch with police, and after talking with them,contact BATFE. If interstate, also contact FBI.

Try to contact the smith by phone and email. Send registered letter.

If no joy, then:

Get in touch with police, and after talking with them,contact BATFE. If interstate, also contact FBI.

this is all in process.. my posting was as a side note just to get info about the gun out there in case anyone runs across it.. 

thanks 

• Like 1

^^^ THIS!

Do not embellish, just report the truth. Report it to the BBB as well.

there is no need to deviate from the truth.. I have most of our conversation documented.. text, email, etc.. we rarely spoke on the phone... have the documents from shipping.. and have payment receipt.. and of course have a copy of the original receipt. 

the "story" is actually very straight forward.. 

guy took gun.. guy went ghost.. found out guy was in hospital.. heard a lot of questionable local chatter.. want gun back.. 

lol

• Like 2

Is he or was he a forum vendor?

was at one time.. does not appear to be now.. 

I would put the shop name out there to protect others.. but based on how things are going I do not think he will be taking in any additional work anytime soon.. 

Edited by vladtepes

I kinda think we all know who you're talking about, eh?  Best of Luck getting that gun back, it's a nice one!

Some definitely know.. and thats fine.. people can know or assume.. I am just doing my best to steer clear of getting into the whole "me VS the shop" kind of thing... my post is not so much about how lame I view the actions of this individual... I want to just keep the focus on the fact that the gun has essentially been stolen from me.. and the more people that have it on their radar.. the better chance that someone may stumble across it at some point.. 

Is he or was he a forum vendor?

was at one time.. does not appear to be now.. 

I would put the shop name out there to protect others.. but based on how things are going I do not think he will be taking in any additional work anytime soon.. 

I hope it works out.

• Like 1

If he's a gunsmith, he has to be an FFL as well, unless he's doing gunsmithing illegally. I would bet a call to the ATF, or even the threat of such, would scare the gunsmith into returning a stolen shotgun. If he's not licensed as an FFL, the ATF would be interested in that as well.

Edited by MR_22

There are 2 SEPARATE issues here.

1. This is a firearm and all federal and State firearms laws apply.

2. This is real property, the same laws that keep a shop from just keeping your lawn tractor or microwave STILL APPLY!

• 2 months later...

Well good news.. I don't have the gun in hand yet.. but it was recovered, and shipped up to the police in PA.. I am going to pick it up Sunday. 

As far as I know it is untouched and in the same condition as when I sent it.. 

I do not know the complete details, but I will tell you what I know.. 

I sent the gun to Jack Travers to have a magazine well installed.. 
At some point he pawned the gun
Some time after that he ended up having "medical issues" and is now so bad off he is not in a position to be prosecuted
Some time after that the sheriffs department in his area was able to recover the gun and shipped it to a PD in PA for return

There are tons of other sketchy details.. but they are for the most part hearsay, and I am not interested in relaying things I can not confirm.. I am only putting his name out there so that IF he recovers.. people know what I just went through.. 

several months of waiting.. a bunch of wasted money.. only to basically have it stolen..  

There were a lot of locals that I reached out to that helped me a ton.. along with the sheriffs department.. I met a lot of good people.. that helped fix a real bad situation.. 

I am very appreciative to have my gun back to me..
  • Like 5

I somehow knew your post would be that you got your gun back, but I don't have the words.

That is messed up. What a shame to see someone slide like that.

yup it sucks.. people make shitty choices.. and sometimes others suffer.. 

lesson learned.. trust your paranoid instincts.. 

and forget about converting the S12 for a magwell.. I am thinking some original Russian mags to celebrate the return... 

• Like 3

Sounds like he is on the way to 'eternal peace'. Glad this is coming to a reasonable conclusion!

Never forget that guns are STILL real property, and in addition to all Federal State and local laws, the same laws that protect you from crooked TV, or lawn tractor repairmen stealing your property still apply.