I live in Ohio and have celebrated the 4th for many years by a family get-together and ending with with fireworks, weather permitting...Good company, good food and good times!

Hope you enjoy our celebration from tyranny without repensatation on the 4th.

Well since I am in Florida and everything is packed with people: I will have a couple beers at home after work, and something unhealthy for dinner. And take my day off next week when everyone else is back at work.

There are just too many people in the area for the holidays to be enjoyable.

Edited by csspecs
  • Like 1

I don't celebrate the 4th.... I celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY.

I don't use it as an excuse to blow things up, watch games, drink, or have a cookout.

I remember all those, alive or dead, who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount up to and including 'my life'."

THEN, I give thanks, along with my family, for all who made our many freedoms possible, and enjoy the celebration of the grand experiment that is America.

God Bless America.

• Like 1
I don't celebrate the 4th.... I celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY.

I don't use it as an excuse to blow things up, watch games, drink, or have a cookout.

I remember all those, alive or dead, who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount up to and including 'my life'."

THEN, I give thanks, along with my family, for all who made our many freedoms possible, and enjoy the celebration of the grand experiment that is America.

God Bless America.

We have the greatest country in the world. My belief is we can celebrate the freedoms made possible by the sacrifices of many families, starting in 1776. I also remember why we can gather together as families to honor our great nation and the people who made all of this possible!

If I picked the shortened version of the national holiday and that offended anyone, I apologise to the people offended . No other intentions, except to shorten the title...

• Like 3

Four shifts in two days sitting in a gun tower.  Liberty and freedom aren't for everyone.

Edit to add: At least the convicts were surprisingly well-behaved for the last few days. That can only mean that something big is coming up.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 3

Sick all week, fielding calls know one wants to take.

Doctor said I can do a light day today.

For me the 4th is all most always a work day

I here you YOT and then there is the paper work that is always there.