Saiga 7.62 Slant Cut Receivers ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe6801

Joe6801

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hello you all. I have been a long time fan of Saigas and have never come across a slant receiver Ak (aside from Verps). My buddy just told me he bough a Saiga 7.62x39 thumbhole stocked rifle. Do Vepr stock adapters work on this? What are his thumbhole to real AK stock options? Thank you in advanced.

Saiga-M Rifle

Edited by Joe6801, 06 July 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#2 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Without pics, it's tough to tell. Chances are it's one of the factory thumbholes that hook right up. If it's a converted Rifle...the thumbhole stock could be just about anything...
My point is...without pics of the rear of the rifle, dunno what the receiver looks like. Many thumbholes fit a standard receiver, so he can put any ak stock he wants on it...
Is his rifle sporting a real slant cut receiver???
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#3 Joe6801

Joe6801

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Without pics, it's tough to tell. Chances are it's one of the factory thumbholes that hook right up. If it's a converted Rifle...the thumbhole stock could be just about anything...
My point is...without pics of the rear of the rifle, dunno what the receiver looks like. Many thumbholes fit a standard receiver, so he can put any ak stock he wants on it...
Is his rifle sporting a real slant cut receiver???

Sorry for the late reply. I am trying to upload pics to share but getting a "Error The server returned an error during upload" message, It is a slant cut, like a thumb-hole Vepr.

#4 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Never seen a slant cut salga... Interesting
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#5 saltydecimator

saltydecimator

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

wonder if it was a custom job

Reasonable Politician Control Measures:

-Breathalyzer is mandatory in all personal vehicles

-Only 40% of campaign money can be used on Cocaine and personal luxury items

-Limit of 2 call girls per legislative session (can have multiple rendezvous with taxpayers money, however must be the same 2)

-When a seat becomes vacant, it can only be sold for 110% of what it was sold for last

-All bribery money must be reported on form 1099-Misc

am the gun lobby you treasonous slime!!!!

#6 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

It's been done... If I remember correctly there's even threads here on doing it...
~ Thomas Jefferson

Jeremy Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users