First time Saiga Owner

Hello people, I made an impulse purchase on a Saiga 20 with 1 5rnd mag at a gun store that was closing down.  I got it for 500 dollars out the door, hope that was a good deal.  I later found out that this platform had very little accessories for it, especially magazines.  I can't seem to find any website that sells them.  Am I too late to the game?

Your best bet to get it to cycle well with cheap rounds, is to shoot the hell out of it. I used my first s20 during a trap league, one summer. By the end of the league, I not only shot my first perfect 25 with it, but it cycled EVERYTHING I could run through it... Mind you...were talking 50 to 100 rounds each outing, plus that much at practices... So a couple hundred rounds a week, for three months... But no work on any parts was needed...just kept it lubed, and relatively clean, and everything works wonders!

The gun will handle 3", or 76mm, length shells just fine.

The issues arise with magazines. Use the proper mag for your corresponding shells.

Unlike the 12 gauge, the 20 is very temperamental with regards to feed geometry with the long and short shells in an incorrect magazine.

ETA: what is on the side of your mag, 20x70 or 20x76?

Edited by towerofpower93

i have 2-5 round mags one is 20x70 and one is 20x76. i also have a few 10 round ones that dont work that great. i was having the problem before i added the slidefire. the gun works the best with the 20x76 one. i cant find any of them all they make is 20x70 

post-31102-0-77935800-1500595404.jpg

post-31102-0-79315200-1500595417.jpg

You can use the wooden 308 furniture on the S20. I had one set up like that...just gotta do a lot of sanding to get it to fit...then drill a hole for the screw...but it WILL WORK. ☺

• 3 weeks later...

hey Chevy guy -

Indy is the best one to talk to about this exact gun, but can you tell me what are the first four digits of your serial number and the importer stamped on the side of your receiver?

76mm is 3"

the other guys are correct in thier advice, btw. I agree. the 20s are very finicky with the mags and loads. when you find the ammo that works, stay with it is my advice......otherwise, what they said

-Ben V,

Edited by Ben Vampatella

sorry for the delayed reply, busy here.

I dont want the LAST four, i want the first letters and the first TWO numbers. (maybe someone knows better than I do, but 2009 should have fallen under when I warrantied thes things, and that company did not have the rights then, maybe its an older reciver) that will give me the year it was made (it sounds like a recent importer), and i can guestimate any issues and such with the 20 gauge that you may have with it, and givew you unofficial advice. .....I did sorta kinda hold the warranty contract on the saiga for a while in the USA from the factory. I may know a little about what im talking about......i dont now, but take that how you will...

the 20 gauges are made to gas spec of the 12 guages as far as powder charge and whatnot, (the russians only shoot hot loads), so i am curious about that.

the 20 gauges always needed "preeming" but are worth the while......those especially are not made to shoot that cheap crap.

sorry for the late response, busy making other people more money than i get.....fun times

Edited by Ben Vampatella