Ok. Read the articles linked... Again I have to ask...how could a wet start cause Ann electrical surge on the other side of the flight deck, where the improperly armed missile, aboard an F4, got launched from, across the deck into a parked A4, which was not McCain's?

Not sure. Those were just two articles that came up when I did a search; I posted them for background and I don't personally have any opinion on whether it was McCain's fault or not. My opinion is that McCain is an asshole, and I look forward to him being out of office.

/Mic drop!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

134 sailor killed because he wet started his plane in 1967 Not a fan of this guy, he should have been charged.

As much as the military try's to prepare people who fly as to what to expect if they are captured, it will never be enough . Resisting tortuous actions with out breaking comes not to all but a small

Not sure.  Those were just two articles that came up when I did a search; I posted them for background and I don't personally have any opinion on whether it was McCain's fault or not.  My opinion is t

Sossss; ... looking ahead somewhat, who will the AZ guv appoint ... IF McCain resigns.  Or dies before his term is up?  Curious MInds Wonder.  The World Wonders.  Not really but I am curious.  Not that there is a dimes difference between the GOP and the DEMOs today.

Congress critters BELIEVE THEIR OWN BULLSHIT!!!   They think that THEY are important, NOT the job they were elected to do.

The longer they are IN Congress, the more they think that it is their THEIR PERSONAL forum, and NOT in any way the "Peoples" .

They no longer CARE what we want, they just TELL US what they are going to DO, and think we should just STFU.

• Like 3

Ok. Read the articles linked... Again I have to ask...how could a wet start cause Ann electrical surge on the other side of the flight deck, where the improperly armed missile, aboard an F4, got launched from, across the deck into a parked A4, which was not McCain's?

Not sure.  Those were just two articles that came up when I did a search; I posted them for background and I don't personally have any opinion on whether it was McCain's fault or not.  My opinion is that McCain is an asshole, and I look forward to him being out of office.

So is your senator

So is your senator

She was the best of bad choices.  Lisa is good people for the most part but the republicans need to put somebody decent up against her if they want to get rid of her.  The guy who beat her in the primary in 2010 is a total douchebag....  Which is why she was re-elected as a write-in (the democrat came in third).  Alaska is a bit different in that most voters are either not affiliated with a party, or not with one of the main parties.  So, it is relatively easy (especially with the closed republican primary) for either party to nominate somebody who they like, but has no shot in hell in getting elected.  The dems in particular have figured out that they will never win a statewide election absent some form of shenanigans, so they work hard to inject shenanigans whenever they can.

I haven't met Lisa (though her dad crashed my wedding- true story), but my brother happened to be seated next to her on an Alaska Airlines flight home once, said she was very nice and down to earth.  OTOH, I once shared a flight home with Mark Begich when he was senator (which was again due to some of the aforementioned shenanigans), and he sat up in first class in a suit surrounded by his goons.  Lisa wore blue jeans, and rode coach with everyone else.

She occasionally casts votes that piss me off, but for the most part she is solid and represents Alaska's interests well.

• Like 1

So is your senator

She was the best of bad choices.  Lisa is good people for the most part but the republicans need to put somebody decent up against her if they want to get rid of her.  The guy who beat her in the primary in 2010 is a total douchebag....  Which is why she was re-elected as a write-in (the democrat came in third).  Alaska is a bit different in that most voters are either not affiliated with a party, or not with one of the main parties.  So, it is relatively easy (especially with the closed republican primary) for either party to nominate somebody who they like, but has no shot in hell in getting elected.  The dems in particular have figured out that they will never win a statewide election absent some form of shenanigans, so they work hard to inject shenanigans whenever they can.

I haven't met Lisa (though her dad crashed my wedding- true story), but my brother happened to be seated next to her on an Alaska Airlines flight home once, said she was very nice and down to earth.  OTOH, I once shared a flight home with Mark Begich when he was senator (which was again due to some of the aforementioned shenanigans), and he sat up in first class in a suit surrounded by his goons.  Lisa wore blue jeans, and rode coach with everyone else.

She occasionally casts votes that piss me off, but for the most part she is solid and represents Alaska's interests well.

Alaskan politics are mostly about who can get the most federal earmarks. They haven't had any one genuinely conservative or liberty minded that I can think of since statehood. Just about every non-fishing job in the state is either govt directly, or the govt is the primary client, or it is an industry which is so regulated, that every project requires government advocacy (i.e. oil). It's like a small town where most people are related, but geographically spread out.    The net result is an environment which is pretty close to what you would get if you set out with a plan to make spontaneous generation of "good old boy" corruption.

Even Ted Stevens was all about earmarks, and late in life he and his wife apparently did a few corrupt things. I think Palin hurt her credibility by pardoning him. Being a senator is a public trust. Being old shouldn't give you a pass on abusing that power. It really saddened me that at the end of the day, we couldn't still say. "Everyone else might be a rat, but at least Ted's a decent man. There's one honest guy."

Even Ted Stevens was all about earmarks, and late in life he and his wife apparently did a few corrupt things. I think Palin hurt her credibility by pardoning him. Being a senator is a public trust. Being old shouldn't give you a pass on abusing that power. It really saddened me that at the end of the day, we couldn't still say. "Everyone else might be a rat, but at least Ted's a decent man. There's one honest guy."

WTF are you even talking about?  Ted didn't get pardoned, didn't need a pardon, because the charges against him were false, and thrown out by the federal judge in his case because of prosecutorial misconduct, including an "inappropriate relationship" between one of the US attorneys and the star witness against him.  Also, state governors don't issue pardons of federal charges anyway.

The charges were based on renovation work done to his very modest a-frame house just south of Anchorage...  The FBI tried to claim that he didn't pay enough for the work, and that the supposed true value of the renovation constituted an unreported gift.  Ted for his part paid every invoice he was given, and several other local contractors have stated that based on what he is known to have actually paid (which all became public record in the court case), that Ted probably got ripped off.

Edited by Netpackrat
  • Like 1

Your anorexia poster child senator is a real gem.

God help you all.

Guess what, your asshole senator voted against the repeal, too.  Compared to having Marco "amnesty" Rubio and some democrat who is an anti-gun shitbag, I feel pretty good about having Murkowski and Sullivan as my US senators.

• Like 1

WTF are you even talking about?  Ted didn't get pardoned, didn't need a pardon, because the charges against him were false, and thrown out by the federal judge in his case because of prosecutorial misconduct, including an "inappropriate relationship" between one of the US attorneys and the star witness against him.  Also, state governors don't issue pardons of federal charges anyway.

The charges were based on renovation work done to his very modest a-frame house just south of Anchorage...  The FBI tried to claim that he didn't pay enough for the work, and that the supposed true value of the renovation constituted an unreported gift.  Ted for his part paid every invoice he was given, and several other local contractors have stated that based on what he is known to have actually paid (which all became public record in the court case), that Ted probably got ripped off.

Then I retract my statement, I am glad to hear that I was misinformed.

It has been several years, but my recollection was that he basically admitted fault and that the amount of money involved in the construction was huge.

I posted one thing that was wrong...  It had been an FBI agent who had the inappropriate relationship with Bill Allen, not an attorney.  A cow-orker of mine apparently knows the guy who blew the whistle (or knows people who know him, I don't remember for sure), and said that despite laws against retaliation to the contrary, the guy was basically forced out of federal service after he went public.  My guess is he had hoped the jury would rule in the senator's favor anyway, but when it didn't he couldn't let him go to jail, and did the right thing at the cost of his career.

In February 2009, FBI agent Chad Joy filed a whistleblower affidavit, alleging that prosecutors and FBI agents conspired to withhold and conceal evidence that could have resulted in a verdict of "not guilty."[107] In his affidavit, Joy alleged that prosecutors intentionally sent a key witness back to Alaska after the witness performed poorly during a mock cross examination. The witness, Rocky Williams, later notified the defense attorneys that his testimony would undercut the prosecution's claim that his company had spent its own money renovating Sen. Stevens's house. Joy further alleged that the prosecutors intentionally withheld Brady material including redacted prior statements of a witness, and a memo from Bill Allen stating that Sen. Stevens probably would have paid for the goods and services if asked. Joy further alleged that a female FBI agent had an inappropriate relationship with Allen, who also gave gifts to FBI agents and helped one agent's relative get a job.

As a result of Joy's affidavit and claims by the defense that prosecutorial misconduct caused an unfair trial, Judge Sullivan ordered a hearing to be held on February 13, 2009, to determine whether a new trial should be ordered. At the February 13 hearing the judge held the prosecutors in contempt for failing to deliver documents to Stevens's legal counsel.[108] Judge Sullivan called this conduct "outrageous."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Stevens

More at the link, including an "after" picture of the house in question.

The remodel looks like one I did with my father.. I think it was $96 k and was a little larger. But Alaska has a higher cost so $150k seems possble.. $200k+ seems very high but again Alaska is a different area.

God help you all.

Guess what, your asshole senator voted against the repeal, too.  Compared to having Marco "amnesty" Rubio and some democrat who is an anti-gun shitbag, I feel pretty good about having Murkowski and Sullivan as my US senators.

You are absolutely right about Rubio and Nelson but Marco voted yes yours Rep voted no "Why?"

Most. Dems are anti gun Nelson is no exception. As for Marco he will say anything to be elected.

Fl has changed over the years as the boomers from the north east come down to retire.

They winter here and summer in NY. That way they can vote twice, I was very amazed that Tump won here.

No! I do not feel good about about my FL senators.

In fact I do no feel good about any of the Rep Senators.

I think if this thing went into conference we would have gotten a very strong bill.

Your senator stopped that for no reason ( tell me do guys up there even have Obama care ?)

Down here It has cost employers millions and put thousands on part time status . All to give you insurance that a person cannot afford to use because of the high deductables .

McCain did this to get back at Trump, the RINO from Maine"well she has always been a pile of barf" but why your Sen voted this way begs the question " Why ?"

Well good luck with that, have a great day.

God help you all.

You are absolutely right about Rubio and Nelson but Marco voted yes yours Rep voted no "Why?"

Most. Dems are anti gun Nelson is no exception. As for Marco he will say anything to be elected.

Fl has changed over the years as the boomers from the north east come down to retire.

They winter here and summer in NY. That way they can vote twice, I was very amazed that Tump won here.

No! I do not feel good about about my FL senators.

In fact I do no feel good about any of the Rep Senators.

I think if this thing went into conference we would have gotten a very strong bill.

Your senator stopped that for no reason ( tell me do guys up there even have Obama care ?)

Down here It has cost employers millions and put thousands on part time status . All to give you insurance that a person cannot afford to use because of the high deductables .

McCain did this to get back at Trump, the RINO from Maine"well she has always been a pile of barf" but why your Sen voted this way begs the question " Why ?"

Well good luck with that, have a great day.

Until you manage to stop sending your anti-gun democrat to the Senate you need to just STFU when it comes to a state that has consistently sent republicans to the US Senate and House for decades excepting one cycle where the DOJ decided to fuck with our election.  And at our first opportunity we got rid of that asshole, rather than allowing him to fester as your state has done with your anti gun shitbag of a democrat, who had just as much to do with stopping the Obamacare repeal as my senator did.

After Sandy Hook when most people were convinced that we were going to get another federal gun ban, Lisa was rock solid in support of the 2nd Amendment just as she has always been.  Even the democrat we had at the time crossed party lines to vote with the republicans against more anti-gun laws, unlike the shitbag that you keep sending to Washington.

• Like 1

I am sure we have some common ground here.

I think I have briefly explained why we have the Senators we have. That being a large progressive influx from the N.E.

Oregon, Washington , Nevada I think Texas not to mention the southern State of Alaska are experiencing the the same

We also know that there was not going to be a Dem voting for this bill, it was up to the Republicans to get it done.

Your Republican Sen voted the same as the Dems , Marco did not.

Why?

Do you know Why? That's all I ask. Why?

I think that she dose not give a crap along with the other two about how devastating this bill has been to employment in this country.

I think it was a personal political move and it will cost her and your state in the long run.

If I am wrong tell me and remember I am not attacking you, we are having a discussion .

I love ALASKA , Ninilchik is where my sister has lived for over 40 years. My father past away there fishing halibut .

In my travels I have been in Ancorage many times.

After I retire my brother and I want to come up and hunt.

This is not personal I just cannot understand why she would vote no. Everyone understood that she would vote yes.

And again have a great day I think I will call my sister .

Why?  While I can't claim to know Ms. Murkowski's real thinking on the issue, I suspect it probably included the fact that Obamacare caused a lot of people to lose their previous insurance through no fault of their own, so then turning around and taking away the insurance that the government already stuck them with wouldn't be fair at all.  Note that while I don't necessarily agree with that argument, and in fact my response is "tough shit", it's probably the best and most legitimate argument for not scrapping Obamacare entirely.  I will point out that Lisa did vote against Obamacare when it originally was passed, and I can at least understand not wanting to pull the rug out from under those who were forced to use it, even if I disagree with that point of view.

I won't pretend to be happy with her vote against the repeal, but it's not going to cause me to vote for somebody else in the next election (as an AIP member I cannot vote in the republican primary).  I am more or less a single issue voter and unless both candidates are equally solid on the Second Amendment, other issues that I care about don't really influence my choice.  This was the case with Sullivan vs. Begich....  For a democrat Begich surprised a lot of us with just how good he was on the 2nd; most of us thought it was only lip service but when the time came he refused to support a gun ban even though he was under tremendous pressure from his own party to do so.  And when my favorite local gun shop came under fire from the ATF, he was the most responsive out of our two senators.  But when he came up for re-election he still had to go because he WAS the deciding vote for Obamacare in the first place, not to mention a dirty stinking democrat and the direct beneficiary of the Stevens railroading.

Edit to add...  There's probably the makings of a meme in all of this.  "Against partisan politics as usual.  Gets upset when lawmaker votes against the party line."  Or some such.

Edited by Netpackrat

Talked to my sister yesterday and she said that the reds are just beginning to run.

So I guess if nature sooner or later gets together to get something done may be the Repulicans will as well.

The wife is reading Gingreg's book about Thrump, it's not over.

The book explains that any deal starts with multiple rejections, Trump is not even getting started.

You have a great day , I sure am going to try to.

Not judging, just stating sad facts.  Cancer is rampant, folks don't seem to understand how bad it is until it affects them or somebody in their family.

I know my future ex-wife had it BAD. My grandmother died from it. My sister died from it. I know from whence I speak. That should put the gravity of my words in better perspective.

Many GOOD men DIDN'T come back from 'Nam. McStain did. How many died because he rolled over? We'll never know.

As a Conservative I have never felt John Mc. Cain stood up for us much either.  As far as him, "Rolling over" (Whatever that means) show me the proof.

As far as Cancer, if you have really had that many close to you with this terrible disease I doubt you would talk this way.  

Edited by scstrain

As a Conservative I have never felt John Mc. Cain stood up for us much either.  As far as him, "Rolling over" (Whatever that means) show me the proof. Search is your friend. Do your own research. Start with his time as a POW.

As far as Cancer, if you have really had that many close to you with this terrible disease I doubt you would talk this way.  Bullshiit. It's true. I have nothing to prove to you. 

You know nothing. See above.