Collecting dust

• 4 weeks later...

The lack of response and lack of posts in this forum pretty much sum up this firearm.  My 1919 sits in the safe because it is unreliable and keeps breaking, can't make it through a match.  EAA's support is non-existent and I refuse to put any more money into the gun. I will be parting mine out soon.

I bought a VEPR 12 and it is a much better gun.  Wish I would have started with it and saved myself a lot of money and frustration.

Well OK then let me rephrase, my T&N 1919 Match reigns supreme in the circle that is in the back of my safe because it's a POS that can't make it through a match without breaking and EAA won't sell parts, better?

Nothing more than 3 dram and I've had 2 broken bolt carriers and a piston in 3 pieces. Yeah it's reigning supreme all right.

I have heard the same story but it seems follow the people that work on the gun less than the gun itself.

This morning I called a friend that shoots one and he said if the gas ports have been drilled or light springs are used, the gun will break down.

I shoot an old Saiga, and have had to chase a few parts to keep it going, My buddies MKA has been going strong shooting 3gun.

BH

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased one of the first ones coming into the US and have many thousands of round thru it....the day I got the MKA 1919 I cut the stock and prototyped a stock adapter for AR stocks.  I slowly drilled out the gas ports and started by running 3 dram shells thru it .  Bought the aluminum lower from Ohio....made for a more reliable shotgun.  I built 12 or 14 Saigas....if you work on them you can make them run relialby but they are all differant in some way.  Check out Tooth and Nail and Firebird and see what they can do.

I have two Firebird MKAs, theyve been running like Swiss watches for years (I had one of the first batch of MKAs FB made) until now. Within 6w, both broke down. First one was an XN with a broken drive block, second one I dunno, since i havent been bothered to take it apart yet. :/

• 3 weeks later...

I let mine go for a song.  I wanted to like it, but it wasn't reliable but with anything less than "stout" loads and in stock configuration it was too light to enjoy shooting.  The saga of mine is posted on here.  I think I spent over @$1k on it and I was happy to trade it for a basic PSA AR straight across.  Do find myself lusting after a VEPR.