My New DDI-12 Saiga Clone -- $439.99!!!!!&#33

I picked this up yesterday from my dealer, the DDI-12 Saiga clone made in China, and it it AWESOME!!!!!

20170720_142329_zpssltcqlqc.jpg

Check out these features:

Left side charging handle

Four position adjustable gas system

Threaded barrel (same as Saiga-12)

AR-15 style safety (ambidextrous)

Fiber optic front site

Peep rear site on dust cover

Set up for AR-15 mil-spec buffer tube

Accepts ALL SAIGA-12 mags and drums

Most Saiga-12 accessories will fit

Uses ANY standard AK pistol grip

These are at Centerfire Systems for $439.99!!!  The quality is fantastic and I love the finish on this gun, it's gorgeous! I am so glad I got one.

Alan

• Like 1

If you ever replace the factory handguard and want to sell it, please let me know! I've been wanting to see how that handguard would look on my Saiga 12 SBS.

I think it would look great shucked back a bit.

If you ever replace the factory handguard and want to sell it, please let me know! I've been wanting to see how that handguard would look on my Saiga 12 SBS.

That's craziness! These things kick like a mule with the 19" barrel, I can't imagine how they feel as an SBS!!! OUCH!!!

Alan

Edited by FL Thunder Stick

That's craziness! These things kick like a mule with the 19" barrel, I can't imagine how thYborey feel as an SBS!!! OUCH!!!

Alan

Alan,

Get one of the crosshair hydraulic recoil buffers that replaces the buffer tube in an m4-type stock.

You can shoot 3' mags in a t-shirt with nary a bruise.

There's another one, kynshot, that is adjustable, but I have no personal experience with that one.

JESS 1344

• Like 1

That's craziness! These things kick like a mule with the 19" barrel, I can't imagine how thYborey feel as an SBS!!! OUCH!!!

Alan

Alan,

Get one of the crosshair hydraulic recoil buffers that replaces the buffer tube in an m4-type stock.

There's another one, kynshot, that is adjustable, but I have no personal experience with that one.

JESS 1344

The Crosshair Hydraulic recoil buffer doesn't replace the buffer tube, it just replaces the buffer in an AR.  I don't see how you could install that on an S12 unless you are referring to a different device

• Like 1

I do have a Kynshot recoil damper (see my avatar) on my Saiga 12 and it is absolutely fantastic! I'm going to take it off of the Saiga 12 and put it on the DDI 12 for shooting at my brother's property later in the week. I will definitely take pictures and videos of me shooting this new DDI 12 and I'm sure it will function just fine, stay tuned. :-)

Alan

• Like 1

The DDI-12 has been rebranded as a Cheetah-12 and is currently being imported from China by SDS Imports.  We have parts and accessories at CSS.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Cheetah_DDI_Parts_and_Accessories_s/2147.htm

The DDI-12 has been rebranded as a Cheetah-12 and is currently being imported from China by SDS Imports. We have parts and accessories at CSS.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Cheetah_DDI_Parts_and_Accessories_s/2147.htm

Thanks for the info. I have bought stuff from your website before when I was doing my Saiga 12. I am looking to do a few modifications to the DDI but nothing like I did to the Saiga! I probably have at least $2,000 invested in that gun! :-). Thanks again for the link, I will be visiting soon.

S&W

Alan

Alan,

JESS 1344

The Crosshair Hydraulic recoil buffer doesn't replace the buffer tube, it just replaces the buffer in an AR.  I don't see how you could install that on an S12 unless you are referring to a different device

Pedal,

You're looking at the wrong one.

Go to Mesa Tactical and look up the one for a shotgun.

The one you're referring to is for an AR, and does indeed go inside the buffer tube

JESS1344

Alan

Alan,

JESS 1344

Pedal,

You're looking at the wrong one.

Go to Mesa Tactical and look up the one for a shotgun.

The one you're referring to is for an AR, and does indeed go inside the buffer tube

JESS1344

Oh yeah, that's cool.  Thanks!

https://mesatactical.com/products/enidine-shot-stock-hydraulic-buffer-mil-spec/

post-1629-0-99671500-1501049240.jpg

• Like 1

The DDI-12 has been rebranded as a Cheetah-12 and is currently being imported from China by SDS Imports.  We have parts and accessories at CSS.

Carolina,

I wish someone would make a deeper pig nose for that crosshair buffer.

As it is, you only get to use a bit over half of the threaded end to go into the pig nose before it bottoms out against the heads of the bolts that hold it against the ace hinge.

I keep getting this mental image of either the threads stripping out, or the pig nose splitting under recoil, and me eating the back of the receiver!

JESS1344

Can you tell us which parts in the current configuration are US made for 922r compliance? I'm concerned that SDS isn't making the parts substitutions as done by DDI. The one I examined didn't have the cartridge FCG that the DDI guns did.

• Like 1

Can you tell us which parts in the current configuration are US made for 922r compliance? I'm concerned that SDS isn't making the parts substitutions as done by DDI. The one I examined didn't have the cartridge FCG that the DDI guns did.

Has anyone EVER been prosecuted for 922® violations? I have heard that there have been ZERO cases regarding such violations.

Can anyone confirm this?

As for the gun having U.S. parts, I would have to say that it has at least eight, either made by DDI or some other U.S. company.

Alan

ETA - Correction.....make that at least FIVE parts. I just found out that the magazine it ships with is an imported part.

As I understand it, all parts are made in China.  For 922r, if you care, you can get to 5 parts using a combinations of these parts:

Buttstock (1)

Pistol Grip (1)

Handguard (1)

Magazine (3)

Muzzle Brake (1)

Some could argue the brake doesn't count but this is our list.

As I understand it, all parts are made in China.  For 922r, if you care, you can get to 5 parts using a combinations of these parts:

Buttstock (1)

Pistol Grip (1)

Handguard (1)

Magazine (3)

Muzzle Brake (1)

Some could argue the brake doesn't count but this is our list.

I'm going to have to disagree.

If ALL parts are Chinese and ALL Chinese guns are banned from import, how did it get to my house?

My guess? It is being imported from Canada. Therefore, NO IMPORT BAN!!!

S&W

umm no. all guns are not banned from China. Only rifles and pistols. There are several shotguns and parts coming direct from China, the coach shotgun that like 10 companies offer are all Chinese.

• Like 1

umm no. all guns are not banned from China. Only rifles and pistols. There are several shotguns and parts coming direct from China, the coach shotgun that like 10 companies offer are all Chinese.

That does make sense because I also have an IAC Hawk 982 that is from China and it is a great gun!

BTW, I love your mags for the S12 & DDI12! You guys ROCK!!!!!

Alan