I have never seen anyone around here with a recently manufactured H-Power, so it doesn't surprise me. Great platform though. I helped a friend with some trigger work on one and getting a closer look at it made me want one. It made me wonder why the Hi-Power didn't exceed the 1911 in popularity.

• Like 1

I have a new-to-me Mark 3.  Got my first BHP in High School back in 1964.  Just something about the platform.  What returned me back to the HP was the fact that going through the various fun shoot stages I could hit quicker and better with the BHP 9mm than the XD.45 acp.  Nothing new.

The grip configuration with the M3 OEM stock ambo black plastic panels just seems to fit my hands better than the fatter plastic of the Springfield Armory XD.45 T 5" ATS double stack poly.  But it's expensive spooling up with a new gun.  All the other needful stuff is still being purchased.  Yikes!

Edited by HB of CJ

Someone will pick up the slack and fill the void. Would be cool to see a Smith and Wesson or Ruger copy.

They would need to market it heavily to justify the effort. I would be surprised if we see anyone else pursue it stateside, maybe a smaller company, if at all.

It made me wonder why the Hi-Power didn't exceed the 1911 in popularity.

The magazine disconnect (even though it's relatively easy to remove) soured me on the idea. sad.png

Oh, and the fact that it's 9mm too. haha.gif

• Like 1

I like the look of the 1911, it is a beautiful weapon, but ergonomically it is a nightmare for me. I can't fire them quickly and effectively and I'm just not a fan of it. I work on them, but never recommend them.

In high school I had a Colt 1911A1 .45 with an added ambo thumb safety and an older B BHP also with an added ambo thumb safety.  The BHP was an older version.  .45 ammo was free as provided by the California State Guard in Long Beach CA.  Their armorer fabbed and added both left hand safeties in trade.  The 9mm ammo had to be ordered via usps mail. 

Seems the guard guys had nothing to do and wanted to appear to stay busy.  That much I remember.  He also fixed tuned and upgraded my early spring tube Rockola Carbine.  They adopted the area high school rifle clubs.  They actually had an old live M48 tank we got to drive.  The interior big ventilation fan blew dust into my eyes.  Just high school kids.  Very cool.

I forgot what the 9mm cost per round.  Maybe 1-3 cents?  Dunno.  Been too long.  Dad told me to give him money and the ammo arrived in wood crates.  Kinda hot loaded 9 if memory serves.  Again about 1964-65.  This resulted in the BHP hardly ever being fired.  Too spendy to shoot?  Wow.  Dad worked for the guard at the time.  Inside situation.  I'm left handed.   :)

I have a new-to-me Mark 3.  Got my first BHP in High School back in 1964.  Just something about the platform.  What returned me back to the HP was the fact that going through the various fun shoot stages I could hit quicker and better with the BHP 9mm than the XD.45 acp.  Nothing new.

The grip configuration with the M3 OEM stock ambo black plastic panels just seems to fit my hands better than the fatter plastic of the Springfield Armory XD.45 T 5" ATS double stack poly.  But it's expensive spooling up with a new gun.  All the other needful stuff is still being purchased.  Yikes!

HB,

Try a set of Pachmayer grips, you'll be in love....

JESS1344

• Like 1

I think my Belgium BHP just went up in value.  Love that pistol despite the 9 mm round.  Great grip, control and recovery with every shot.  I will never sell or trade it.  When I pass, I'm leaving it to my son who is currently serving in the Marine Corp.

• Like 2

That's why I think someone isn't going to just let this go. I say get ready for replicas and maybe even a polymer frame copy.

In terms of the barrel lockup, basically every tupperware gun is a BHP copy. Even the Blocks.

• Like 2

That's why I think someone isn't going to just let this go. I say get ready for replicas and maybe even a polymer frame copy.

In terms of the barrel lockup, basically every tupperware gun is a BHP copy. Even the Blocks.

Yep! JMB's design elements are in almost all of the guns we've got today, from the smallest to the largest.