Reliable gunsmith to finish SBS?

Don't bother mentioning Tromix.  

i have a Form 1 10" SBS, barrel is already cut to 10".  No gas system work has been done.  Need a solid recommendation on someone to finish up the conversion and get the gas ports/block moved.  Someone in FL would be a plus - but i'm more concerned about reliability and quality - with a sprinkle of timeliness.

TIA

Doug

post-51584-0-87035700-1501888478_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you wanted it to run high brass only you could've drilled it yourself. If you want to run low brass then you'll have to send it.

The Bonnie and Clyde method works typically leave a shotgun shells length of barrel in front of the gas block and it'll run all high brass.

A punch and wire gauge drill bits works. It's opening gas ports stepping up by thousands. You can drill them on an angle as well to blow gas on the puck.

Edited by mike123456

You could've got it to run low brass with 12in of barrel but it's already too short.

If this is your combat/HD gun I don't see a reason to make it run low brass. I'm not shooting birds. You don't need a breaching break for wood doors either. My entire time in the military we used a standard mossberg pump (pistol grip only) and pressed the barrel against the door at a 45 degree angle. We also breached with 9 pellet Winchester buckshot.

Edited by mike123456
  • 1 year later...
On 8/5/2017 at 7:50 AM, Mullet Man said:

On 3/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, Bigshow said:

@milguy11, how did your SBS turn out? Do you like it? I just contacted Tromix and they aren't doing SBS's any longer on the Saiga-12. I've got to figure out who else can do it for me now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bigshow- Check out the link included earlier. He has had trouble with his email system(s) in the past, but I think he has it straightened out now? @evlblkwpnz

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, milguy11 said:

well, Tony Rumore reached out to me - and the SBS is on the way to him.

this guy>>> https://evlutionz.com/  never replied to my email(s)

sooo.... ?

at least it's being finished!

doug

Doug,

Which email address did you send to? I had a critical failure of the evlutionz.com email addresses (support system, on my site, just realized the server host put that page back up after I removed it... gosh, just requested that he take it back down) and moved away from that. No emails are coming through that system. You can send without a failure notice, but I see nothing on my end. In the future, please email me at evlutionz@yahoo.com. I am very sorry that your inquiry was not responded to and please understand no response or delayed response is not regular for me. Emails are answered same day, next day, or on Monday if they come in on Sunday, unless they land in my spam folder. I was heavily invested in the old email addresses (anything@evlutionz.com) and finally had to move away from it because the reliability issues were really stressing me out. I like to communicate In detail and do it quickly. After many crashes (at least two per year every year that I have used it) of that system I just had to move away from it. The negative effects (like this) just aren't worth it. IT was nice to be able to make internal notes to consolidate proposed build details, etc, but again, not worth it when people are trying to contact me and end up thinking I simply do not care or respond to emails. It is a very tough situation for me.

If you sent me an email something to the effect of "I wanted to check if this email address was valid..." with no mention of gun work or silencer sales, I thought you were a spammer. I do not respond to emails that do not elude to work quickly as they are usually spam.

I would appreciate your help if you can. Please send me your email address via PM, so I can search my email and run a test email to you. I just want to see if I am landing in your spam folder and if your email went to my spam folder. Any help appreciated.

Tony and I do things quite differently, but he knows what he is doing. It will be a fine build.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, milguy11 said:

well, Tony Rumore reached out to me - and the SBS is on the way to him.

this guy>>> https://evlutionz.com/  never replied to my email(s)

sooo.... ?

at least it's being finished!

doug

https://evlutionz.com/contact-us/

Have a quick look here if you have a second. It is quick reading. Again, very sorry, please understand.

I just realized this thread is fairly old. That would have definitely been under the old evlutionz.com email address and there is no way I can search for an inquiry there as all data is long gone. I recently realized it has some very aggressive spam filtering and IP blocking, no telling how many people were trying to contact me to no avail. It is quite frustrating on both ends and I'm just glad I moved away from it. I just can't trust it on far too many levels. I hate yahoo (their fake news, specifically), but their email is reliable and easy to use.