Ur Favourite go to Beer this summer..

that sounds reaaaaaaal good!!

kinda boring over here, leinies summer shandy.....sure goes down quickin hte heat!!

Got half case of the Shandy in the basement, I love the Canoe Paddler, to die for but it is seasonal, drank more of the Sunset Wheat than the Shandy this summer tho, Blue Moon Belgian White is a reg beer on weekends too Edited by SmilinEd

I generally like amber, brown to dark ales & porters, etc., but on hot days I do enjoy Bud Platinum. I can't drink any "beer" with fruit flavors or "shandy" stuff.

If Ur just a lite beer drinker the Platinum will knock you down.. What is the alcohol in that...? 6,0...? Some beers can get carried away with the fruity flavors, my wife like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, but sez Great Lakes Brewery Cherry Wheat is better

I don't drink alcohol.  Also do not smoke tobacco.  Do not chew.  Also do not use any drugs or pot.  Squeaky clean me.  BUT ... once in awhile I do enjoy our local excellent micro brewery Russian Imperial Stout which is like a dark strong British Brew.  Tastes like roofing tar.  Better room temperature.  Strong stuff.  Excellent.  Two pints gets you ... groggy.  Four pints under the table.  Glug, glug, glug.  smile.png

Edited by HB of CJ

Altstadt , brewed in Fredricksburg TX.!  4.9% alcohol (9.8 proof). Damn stuff is angel piss! Most of the many micro brewery's  around here do those bitter assed IPA's... all crappy hops and no real flavor.

Of course, since I am a born again Texan, Lone Star is generally in the fridge too!

I'm helping to fund the wall since I realized I've been drinking a lot of Modelo Especial lately. :lol:

But yeah, cold Blue Moon (without the orange), and Sam Adams Boston Lager/Cherry Wheat aren't too shabby either (especially with Old Bay steamed shrimp). :super:

Beer sucks, especially the overpriced frou-frou "craft" crap they pass off to the hipsters. Even PBR and Old English 800 are better than that.

Captain Morgan Private Stock.

bd87f1132521935f0243e38235164377.jpg

Edited by patriot
  • Like 3

Best I had lately was something a friend made. However, for hot weather the nutty beers like belgian trippels, or the shandies, or the "poor man's shandy": Ranier + a tot of hiram's tripple sec. I also find blue moon refreshing.

Another favorite common beer is red stripe. It's got just a little spicy bite to it that makes it a good session beer. Perfect on a hot summer day. 

I do find that different beers are happiest at different temperatures. Ditto for the hard A.