U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. orders gun confiscation

Looks like Irma is going to come to Bonita Springs. We went shopping and all the bottled water and bread Gone!

We have every thing prepped so we are not in a panic. This will be storm # 5 four us and looks like the strongest .

This will never happen here. However I could happen in CA (Oh wait a minute it has, storm or no storm).

• Like 5

Looks like Irma is going to come to Bonita Springs. We went shopping and all the bottled water and bread Gone!

We have every thing prepped so we are not in a panic. This will be storm # 5 four us and looks like the strongest .

This will never happen here. However I could happen in CA (Oh wait a minute it has, storm or no storm).

Stay safe. Praying for you, your family, and Florida. If worse comes to worse and you have to evacuate, we have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath place on 40 acres in Columbiana AL that we will open up to anyone who needs it.

• Like 4

Thanks to all for your prayers , I was wrong about 5 storms the wife said it was 6.

We are all set just got new marine batteries for standby power for house got 20 years out of them.

There is a possibility it will move more east but who knows.

We never get the surge they get on the east coast but the wind will be a factor.

Looking for rain to start Friday sometime

If they do tells us to get out we can live out of the car for 2 weeks as we have freeze dried meals and canned water ect.

My prayers to all in Texas recovering and all in Fl who will be affected by this storm, Here we go!

I was taught to act with your mind and not re-act with your emotions and then Adapt and overcome.

• Like 7

In fl we just had a law signed in giving Fl people the right to carry in hurricanes

We are the gun shine state you know.

Looks like it will come very close to us like Charlie. Just have to move Ammo and Guns up out of gun safes , fill the bath tub water bladder and raise the computers and battery backups.

I do not have a generator but use deep cell battery's and a inverter to give us light, fan and DVDs player .

Power is usually out for about a week on my block as we are on a main service line.

It has been drifting more west let's hope it goes to Mexico .

Well it did not happen. As we are just comming out of the storms eye.

Lost the pool cage, and a few trees , no power since 9:00 am , lots of big pine trees 65 ft high down and one across our road.

Praise God we did well, thanks to all for your prayers.

• Like 6

We are just starting to get some wind and rain is steady. It is supposed to get more interesting after midnight. I doubt anything more than loss of power will happen here. There are no large trees within range of our home and all power is underground in this area. We lost power during Matthew, but I think they turned it off so they could repair something down the line. For now, we still have power and internet. I hope power stays on at the shop as I am sure I can't go do anything for the pool company due to the fact that the only job I wanted to do anything at is near the beach and in an area prone to trees coming down in wind like this. It is the highest lot on the island and it faces due east, of all directions, and that area has a lot of oaks. If there is no power at the shop I'm not sure what I will do. Two days off in a row is about to already drive me nuts. I like to stay busy.

Cleared some trees for neighbors, opened the house, perked some coffee on the grill and later made burgers.

Sat down an watched the flow of picture takers about one every minute go by.

VFW commander stopped by all is good.

Not bad sleeping last night. Not going to put anymore energy in to this thing as I had my share of hurry up and wait.

We will see what tomorrow brings, I am not going to worry about it. The wife said stop clean up and shave and sit down.

So I am

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 2

We are just starting to get some wind and rain is steady. It is supposed to get more interesting after midnight. I doubt anything more than loss of power will happen here. There are no large trees within range of our home and all power is underground in this area. We lost power during Matthew, but I think they turned it off so they could repair something down the line. For now, we still have power and internet. I hope power stays on at the shop as I am sure I can't go do anything for the pool company due to the fact that the only job I wanted to do anything at is near the beach and in an area prone to trees coming down in wind like this. It is the highest lot on the island and it faces due east, of all directions, and that area has a lot of oaks. If there is no power at the shop I'm not sure what I will do. Two days off in a row is about to already drive me nuts. I like to stay busy.

Lost power for 14 hours. That pretty much sums it up. Our neighborhood is fed early from the main line that serves Yulee, Fernandina Beach, and Amelia Island. Power doesn't stay out long here.

• Like 1