What's your favorite hot sauce(s) ?

I guess I must be a cheap date here too. laugh.png

post-88-0-74448500-1505083794.png

I did sample some Dave's Insanity salsa once, and the endorphin rush with that one was kinda enjoyable once my teeth nerves stopped throbbing.

Cholula's not too shabby IMO either. 032.gif

post-88-0-57478600-1505084049_thumb.png

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 2

My all-time favorite is

ELYUCATECOSALSACHIPOTLE.jpg

It starts here and ends here, my hands down favorites are the El Yucateco sauces, Red, Green and XXX.

But there are still a lot of sauces that I like, e.g. I like all pretty much all the Tabasco sauces.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

My all-time favorite is

It starts here and ends here, my hands down favorites are the El Yucateco sauces, Red, Green and XXX.

Are they available at Wal Mart?  If not, I'll probably never get to try them. laugh.png

Yeah, Tabasco isn't too shabby.  Haven't had the chance to try the boutique flavors of it yet though. :up:

This is the only hot sauce I ever threw away.  Tried two bottles of it before I learned better.  I don't see what all the fuss about it is. unsure.png

post-88-0-08320800-1505171351_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That chicken on the bottle shows what it is......chickenshit!   Tried it on eggs, man that crap was horrid!

Trappy's ain't too bad straight as BBQ sauce on pulled pork and ribs.  A little weak on heat, but less sharp taste than Tabasco.

Cholula....like it!

• Like 1

My all-time favorite is

Are they available at Wal Mart?  If not, I'll probably never get to try them. laugh.png

I buy mine at WallyWorld.

My all-time favorite is

I buy mine at WallyWorld.

Well, there are enough Hispanics hanging out at my local Wal Marts so... :unsure:

I think I did get the two bottles of Sriracha I tried at this Wal Mart, so I'm surprised that I didn't see the El Yucateco if it was there.

Sriracha is much too sweet for my tastes.  Hot sauce needs to be salty if you dump it raw on the stuff you eat. :super:

Now ya see how taste can differ.

Regular Sriracha is ho-hum, but I do like their 'Chili Garlic' and really like their 'Sambal Oelek'

I think I got a few KFC hot sauce packets out in the van somewhere (probably under one of the seats).  That's about as exotic as I usually go. :lol:

I just bought a case of the El Yucateco red from Walmart. They don't stock it around here, so mail order works.

It got here today! Taco salad tonite!

fire_dance_by_satiiiva-d6uufhf.jpg

...it was great. Now it's ICE CREAM time!

Edited by patriot

Now ya see how taste can differ.

Regular Sriracha is ho-hum, but I do like their 'Chili Garlic' and really like their 'Sambal Oelek'

Amen! I dislike the vinegary sauces, and the heavy garlic of sriracha isn't for me.

Sriracha good to cook with like BBQ beans or on sardines or viennas and crackers.

Hmm, that's really not a bad idea. It probably wouldn't be too shabby if you put it on chicken before BBQ'ing it. :up:

Ah, well, at the local Wal Mart today. On the shelf, Louisiana, Cholula, Texas Pete, and regular old Tabasco.  Lot's of exciting choices there for the hot sauce connesuer. :rolleyes:dry.png 

Sriracha good to cook with like BBQ beans or on sardines or viennas and crackers.

Hmm, that's really not a bad idea. It probably wouldn't be too shabby if you put it on chicken before BBQ'ing it. 032.gif

Ah, well, at the local Wal Mart today. On the shelf, Louisiana, Cholula, Texas Pete, and regular old Tabasco.  Lot's of exciting choices there for the hot sauce connesuer. rolleyes.gifdry.png 

THey may as well have put them on the same shelf as the rest of the vinegar.

• Like 1

I never much cared for the vinegar ones like posted above. Sadly I can't say what my favorite hot sauce is beside a few self made attempts. Basically it works like this:

Step 1) go to the huge fish-smelling asian market of choice. 

Step 2) fill a cart about half way with any interesting, suspicious, or confusing: chili oil, paste. fermented hot bean? Pepper? Fish byproduct?, etc. Pay something like $30 for the whole cart full of food.

Step 3) Sample my way through. Anything that seems good gets kept with a picture of the label saved somewhere or other.

Anything bad gets chucked, hopefully remembering not to buy it again.

Step 4) I use it for a year or so, then chuck it when it gets old enough to be another kind of sketchy.

Step 5) attempt to find the same thing again and fail. 

The really good ones are a flavorfull, but generally intense hot. Not bitter like a lot of those mentioned above. Never could stand tabasco's aftertaste. One of my favorites would give me a stomach ache if I used more than a few drops in a large pan of food. It was potent. Don't get me wrong, I can handle about as much heat as anyone I've come across. I choose not to obliterate other flavors generally though. Heat is a component of good food, but not the whole show. One-up-man-ship has always been retarded. What I want is a good tasting hot, not just pride in the ability to choke something painful and nasty down.

I really like the flavor of Herdez brand canned chipotles in mole. Those are a near perfect flavor. Those with a bit of good smoky jalepeno, and some mild chili powder, and some garlic are a good starting point for a lot of good meals.

• Like 2

I never much cared for the vinegar ones like posted above. Sadly I can't say what my favorite hot sauce is beside a few self made attempts. Basically it works like this:

Step 1) go to the huge fish-smelling asian market of choice.

Heh, I used to think that way (homemade Kogu Jang (Korean soybean paste hot sauce)) until I found that old Mama San five foot long hair in it. wacko.png 

Nice people the Koreans who live in this country usually are, but I always had to wonder how many times per year old Mama San's hair got introduced to the Prell hair shampoo bottle. 028.gif  

Hmm, that's really not a bad idea. It probably wouldn't be too shabby if you put it on chicken before BBQ'ing it. 032.gif

Ah, well, at the local Wal Mart today. On the shelf, Louisiana, Cholula, Texas Pete, and regular old Tabasco.  Lot's of exciting choices there for the hot sauce connesuer. rolleyes.gifdry.png 

THey may as well have put them on the same shelf as the rest of the vinegar.

:lol:

Probably couldn't keep it in stock either with all the Lib assholes drinking vinegar with "Mother" in it now. :rolleyes:

Not much more really needs to be said here... El Yucateco GREEN is my go to. I like their other flavors, but not as much... Sriracha is great on a grilled ham and cheese on rye with tomato, or grilled turkey and cheese on rye with tomato... Not much else... Then on the opposite end of the scale we have Daves insanity sauce. ZERO flavor, just stupid heat...

I used to buy Dave's to add heat to recipes, but all it added was heat, not flavor. When a guy at work introduced me to El Yucateco Red Habanero sauce, I stopped buying Dave's Insanity sauce. The EL hab sauce has a unique and really great flavor. 

It looks like El Yucateco is the thread winner by a large margin!

...so far. :)