I'm good and everyone I know is fine except for minor home damage and power being out. Power and cable are back on, no flooding, no wind damage to our home, shop is fine, but power is still out there. Glory to God, so be it.

• Like 8

I rode around a little in the area we moved from in Jax and it looked like a war zone. Almost all of old Oceanway is without power. Generators are running all over the place and many have run out of fuel and can't find more. The sound of chain saws can be heard just about everywhere. Stores have no power and are not opening until it is back on. Gas stations in other areas that are open have lines going down the road waiting to get fuel. It really gave me some perspective on just how good we have it and how much more so many have been impacted. I can't even begin to imagine the devastation down South and in the islands. Irma was brutal.

To add to that, a hurricane pretty much is SHTF. Most were ill prepared or planned poorly and the thought of what a situation might be like that lasted just a couple of weeks is very concerning. Two weeks of widespread unavailability of fuel, water, and food would send things into chaos, for sure. I am re-evaluating my preparedness plan for what if things take more than a couple of weeks to get back to normal or never get there again. I have become somewhat complacent and this was a much needed wakeup call.

• Like 2

Be cautious that areas like yours with utilities may start getting visitors from areas without utilities. This could happen anytime over the next few weeks until more of the area is mostly back to normal. Talk to your neighbors about setting a watch.

Best wishes.

This neighborhood is frosty. Lots of like-minded people here and mostly LE or Military. I'm pretty sure we have some Customs and FBI guys here as well. BS doesn't last long here thanks to people staying alert and the Sheriff's Office doing such a great job.

• Like 1