Improved sights for Saiga 12?

How hard is it to remove the factory rear sight and replace it with the Krebs part? Any"tricks" I should know about?

Make sure the gas tube is supported before you try to drive the sight out. There are some lugs that lock into the trunnion and they may bend or break off if only the receiver is supported.

How hard is it to remove the factory rear sight and replace it with the Krebs part? Any"tricks" I should know about?

Use a dremel to cut across the sight almost all the way through. It will come out much easier.

Will the new sight (peep sight from Krebs) go in relatively easy?

Got my Saiga back from the local gunsmith. He installed my Krebs Combat sight set. Took her out back and ran some rounds through it and it seems pretty much right on. I bought a 12 gauge laser bore sighter and it seemed to help zero it in. Looking forward to running some more rounds through it before the bowling pin match comes around again.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my Saiga back from the local gunsmith. He installed my Krebs Combat sight set. Took her out back and ran some rounds through it and it seems pretty much right on. I bought a 12 gauge laser bore sighter and it seemed to help zero it in. Looking forward to running some more rounds through it before the bowling pin match comes around again.

Slugs move pins pretty efficiently. Even the lower velocity slugs. I had a bunch of pins a while back and used my home brews and irons or my shotgun scope, and could knock them down about as quickly as I could hope to keep on any target. Not a blind fire magdump speed, but not a whole lot slower.