What is the best way to convert my Saiga 12 to LRHO?

What you seek does not exist (reliable and maintenance-free). I think Cobra's Customs may have the magic bullet, but he has not brought the design to market. I am sure he has more than one good reason for not pressing forward with it.

What you seek does not exist (reliable and maintenance-free). I think Cobra's Customs may have the magic bullet, but he has not brought the design to market. I am sure he has more than one good reason for not pressing forward with it.

Does the LRBHO shottie from Saiga work? I know the guns are hard to find, not sure if an unmolested S12 with the feature is worth hunting down...

Buy a Vepr12.

+1 This is the easiest and cheapest way to get a reliable LRBHO. Loss of the adjustable gas block is the most significant con vs the Saiga 12.

Evl, thanks for answering my question!

If I had my way, the perfect AK shotgun would have Vepr 12 receiver, Molot folder mechanism, AK100 triangle stock designed to work with the Molot trunnion and hinge, hinged receiver cover with no rail that attached to a modified Saiga 12 gas tube, a Saiga 12 gas block, and a Saiga 12 style handguard mounting system. Something like that.

• Like 1

No S12/V12 hybrid, but maybe something that borrows the best things from both.

Not true.  There was a day when the Iz-447 was being imported.  It had an adjustable gas block and the Russian magwell w/ the LRBHO which made for a really nice conversion.  I believe the Iz-412 had the Russian hand guard but I could be mistaken.  Both were variants of the 040

post-35052-0-04031100-1506049986.jpg

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter