Who has the best cell phone rates...

I use AT&T and even with corporate discounts thru work my wife and I pay $160 a month. This really burns my ass to no end that a damn phone costs like a boat or motorcycle payment each month and nobody nowadays can do without it.

Direct TV is another one, if not for a handful of channels and college football I would hook the antenna back up and have about 20 channels. At least I could get caught up on reruns of Sanford and Son or Hogans Heroes.

Old fashioned trak phone.  Free.  Costs me about 10 bucks per month to run.  Pay as you go.  No contracts.  No bull shiet.  Works for me.

Edited extra:  SW Oregon USA.  About 42N 123W.  Kinda.  Hills and Dales and Hollers.  Little population.  The phone keeps a charge for a week.

Edited by HB of CJ

I use AT&T and even with corporate discounts thru work my wife and I pay $160 a month. This really burns my ass to no end that a damn phone costs like a boat or motorcycle payment each month and nobody nowadays can do without it.

Direct TV is another one, if not for a handful of channels and college football I would hook the antenna back up and have about 20 channels. At least I could get caught up on reruns of Sanford and Son or Hogans Heroes.

One question. What type of plan do you have for the $160. Per month? I still have a flip phone and my wife is all over me to move to a smart phone... Hate to spend the extra $$$, but as we all know happy wife happy life...

Boost mobile, 4 lines, free phones, $100 month, unlmtd data, mobilehot spot...

Do you have any service area issues?

Want shitty signal quality with LOTS of dead spots?

Want terrible customer service with reps who will promise you the moon, yet fail to deliver?

Want hidden charges, and an eternally screwed up bill?

Want to finance the gay agenda, anti-gun politicians, etc?

Want to give your money to a company who promotes based on social "justice" over job performance?

Want to give your money to a company who was prosecuted for illegal labor practices?

... a FORMER $print employee who personally witnessed the above and who will NEVER spend another dime with $print

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/sprint_pcs.htm

https://www.facebook.com/sprintblows

http://www.billcotter.com/sprintsucks/index.htm

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/404481-sprint-data-coverage-truly-sucks.html

https://www.bing.com/search?q=sprint+sucks&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER

Edited by patriot

Machinist, I am in Las Vegas, good coverage here, signal strength varies based on topography. Switched from tmobile past march...comparatively, both provide good service until you go out into the middle of nowhere. I changed carrier after more than 10yrs due to increasing layers of fees.

Machinist, I am in Las Vegas, good coverage here, signal strength varies based on topography. Switched from tmobile past march...comparatively, both provide good service until you go out into the middle of nowhere. I changed carrier after more than 10yrs due to increasing layers of fees.

Thanks for the info!

Still use a Verizon flip phone. Pay as you go plan. There are many things that I would like a 'better' phone for, but the phone part of the newer phones SUCK!

The flip phones have a bigger antenna, and Verizon a better service area. I get service at my house and nobody else does! My phone is always the one that gets service when everyone else's does not. 

Data, searches, games, camera - all good reasons to get a newer phone, but that is all worthless to me, IF THE DAMN THING HAS NO SERVICE!

Unlocked Samsung S8+ on Straight Talk (using the Verizon network) for $58 and change. Nationwide service, unlimited talk and text, 12 gigs at high speed, and data speed is throttled after that. Service is great and works where AT&T doesn't. I had AT&T for years and finally got sick of not having reliable service where I needed to be on a regular basis. The messing up my bill on a regular basis was a factor as well. I am totally satisfied with Straight Talk, but only because what I am using is the Verizon network. The first phone I got with ST was a T-mobile phone and that service did not work at all in my shop, just like AT&T did not work. The Straight Talk Verizon network phones have a red map on the box or you need to have an unlocked phone and use the Verizon sim card from the starter kit. They can get your phone number from your existing service or you can use a totally new number and lose those people that you would rather not speak to anymore.

• Like 1

We are using Verizon due to being up amongst the mountains it was the only one with the coverage up here.

Using a Jetpack moble hotspot for all internet (put TWO antenas on those things, LTE requires it do any good) with 15g per device 4G and unlimited 3G.

You dont want to deal with 3G trust me.

THe phones ... meh wife likes hers is all I know, cost about $99 a month after the royal fraking of activation.

I've got Verizon. Unlimited. No data cap...unlimited everything. Mobile got spot with my phone too... 99 bucks a month. Really decent coverage everywhere

Ditto, but for $50+ 5 local tax. 7 gigs that roll over. No contract. You might wanna update.

T-mobile, $160 a month for 4 lines, only one has data (not many good choices up here, north of Seattle, WA).

It also covers our unlimited VOIP home phone for $10.

Wife's family is in Hawaii. They talk almost every day.

Edited by Sim_Player