Pro football smells like road kill on a hot summer day

Watched a little foot ball last week and kept falling asleep.

What has happened to foot ball,it is so boring. One of the plays had a great hit and tackle putting the offensive team with a loss but because the helmet was to high they called a penalty and gave them 10 yards.

Even the announcers said it smelled.

Football has lost something. Thursday night football had the Rams with no fans in the seats must be because of the new rules that causes football to be wimpy and they are a really bad team.

Then you have the players taking a knee at the anthem.

Not watching not coming back, this is the beginning of the death of football.

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look,  you live in a country that provides the opportunity to compete equally, and capture multi-million dollar contracts in exchange for athletic performance regardless of race, religion,  creed etc.

Other than the Superbowl I haven't watched any regular NFL Football in 2-3 years/ I don't like College Football but I catch it all the time because my In-Laws and younger son are rabid Bama fans.  

I can't see the fascination with watching a bunch of spoiled, ignorant adults getting paid millions to play a child's game.

Other than the Superbowl I haven't watched any regular NFL Football in 2-3 years/

I don't like College Football but I catch it all the time because my In-Laws and younger son are rabid Bama fans.

Thug criminals, degenerates, doping and ungrateful millionaires bitching about the Country that made them rich-n-famous.

I hope pro baseball & football and ESPN all die a slow painful death.

• Like 6

College football has been very good to my family.  Two Masters Degrees paid for by athletic scholarship.  I do not particularly like nor understand football which in my family is a weakness.  But then again some of the family does not understand baseball either. Pro football?  Have not watched a game in years.

ya i dont know how/why everyone catching onto the "scripted, fakeness" but they seem to be.  i mean i get "hyped" about it to a degree, then you watch it, and your brain somehow tells you its bs, and it gets ruined... not sure when that changed, but it did.  book called freakonomics postulates that all professional sports are gonna be rigged to some degree, as sum wrestling in japan was found out, and in japan, sumo is typically only honor, not just money like most american sports.  so of course its easier to sling some bucks and rig "profit only" "sports"...

I can't see the fascination with watching a bunch of spoiled, ignorant adults getting paid millions to play a child's game.

I have not watched since the NFL started to let the libtard players spit in the face of the brave people who serve our great country, many gave all. At the least we should support our vets and country!

Now the sickness has infected pro baseball and the NBA... Might be time to email the sponsorship of the teams that bless this behavior? Vote with our dollars?

Fuck BLM and all the phony protest crap the players and the leftist are pushing on us.

The whole deal springs from the "hand up dont shoot lies"

Im sick of it!!!!!!

If you think the USA is so racist and the cops are indiscriminately shooting innocent black men.....

Please Please move to a country that better suits you, I suggest Somalia or liberia.

Just think...No evil white cops, no conservatives to oppress you.

Im sure you all can make millions playing football over there......

BH

• Like 4

Like the old saying goes: play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :angry:

I'd (personally!) like to slap the f**k out this piece of shite with the snarky look on his face while in the courtroom.  He already knows he's going to get a sweet deal anyway with a nappy Liberal judge presiding over things. :rolleyes:

http://nypost.com/2017/09/22/teen-who-punched-principal-in-face-gets-sweet-deal-from-judge/

Bet it was the same snarky look on Michael Brown's face (before the bullets connected) as he told Officer Wilson to f**k off, he don't need to get his fat ass out of the middle of the street if he didn't want to.  

• Like 1

Inserting, and imposing a left Stalinist political agenda into every aspect of public life and media is how the left attempts to do what they could not do at the ballot box.

• Like 5

This is entertainment, a show for money, that's all it is.

It is no different than the actor who spout their tripe in the media.

People are not going to the movies and people are leaving the NFL.

They have made their bed and when it is to late they will realize where all the money came from.

As for me their kneel is based on a lie and a hate for police ( I will never forgive them, NEVER)

Rest in peace NFL.

• Like 4

I stopped watching it a long time ago. Watching football yields nothing positive for me, especially since that knee nonsense.

Want to really make a statement? Get rid of cable. That is where their money really comes from. We have no cable and we have a couple of movie streaming services that end up cheaper than basic cable and have much more to view. We pick exactly what we want to watch when we want it. If you like a college team just go to some of their games with that money you are no longer spending on cable.

• Like 2

Want to really make a statement? Get rid of cable.

Did that last year. I only have Spectrum for the internet. I have an OTA antenna for local channels, and I use a Roku box with Sling App for TV, and I get Netflix and Vudu on my PS3 console.  :up:

I could switch the Netflix and Vudu to the Roku, but I had the PS3 long before I dropped cable TV. No need to reconfigure it.

• Like 1

Time to consider that we put far too much importance on these games and everything surrounding them.

I will watch division 3 college ball but that is about it, money(greed) has literally ruined everything else.

Even my Bama is not excluded, and that is a shame.

The Bear would be disgusted ...

Time to consider that we put far too much importance on these games and everything surrounding them.

I will watch division 3 college ball but that is about it, money(greed) has literally ruined everything else.

Even my Bama is not excluded, and that is a shame.

The Bear would be disgusted ...

A LOT of people would be disgusted, and more. I told my best friend, "I'm sorry, but I'm glad your Dad (a former Marine) is NOT around to see this crap. He'd be so damned hot he'd burn the house down!"  True!

I found what Ted Nugent supposedly posted about the professional sports athletes kneeling in protest during the National Anthem kind of refreshing. 032.gif

I know a lot of Veterans don't like Ted Nugent because of his supposed draft deferment during the Viet Nam conflict  (as reported in Rolling Stone newsrag (which I trust to be as Conservative (and actually truthful rolleyes.gif ) on issues as the MSNBC news network)) laugh.png

Anyway, good read.  Even if he was a draft dodger, he seems to care now about thanking the Vets for their service. 027.gif

Ted Nugent
September 24 at 4:27pm ·
TAKE A KNEE
Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.
Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.
Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.
Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat... Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.
There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.
While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.
No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have 'the right to take a knee.'
You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your 'protest' is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...
If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.
And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave It goes like this...
"GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 5

The NFL is a bunch of privileged and OVERPAID spoiled brats, most of whom are semi-literate at best. I do not like their "sport", as their IS NO 'sport' in their product! And I FOR DAMN SURE am NOT INTERESTED in their whining and acting out. I would rather deal with ACTUAL 3 year olds, they are at least honest. 

• Like 3

Have no problem with draft dodgers.

Not fond of war I hope no soldier is. The way I see it Its better to have someone who wants to rather than has to covering my back.

And do not get me wrong, there were a lot of have to's converted to want to's at the time.

The draft should only be used if we are attacked.

Ted would have made a poor soldier anyway.

And as for the standing locked arm in Green Bay It looked like the fans did not get it ( who did ?)

Does anyone really know what this kneeling is about?

"It about , police are the bad guys". If you ask me the only ones who really do not like cops are the bad guys.

You know the one who are doing most of the kneeling, just my two penny's.

I dunno, know a few former LEOs that are real unhappy with the way some of these departments are behaving.

Just like I know a lot of vets who think the military is a bad joke and would not serve in it were it to be done again.

Familiarity breeds contempt I reckon. Guess it matters how they do the job, I would agree.

I dunno, know a few former LEOs that are real unhappy with the way some of these departments are behaving.

Just like I know a lot of vets who think the military is a bad joke and would not serve in it were it to be done again.

Familiarity breeds contempt I reckon. Guess it matters how they do the job, I would agree.

I'd serve again. Sure there are slacker whiner drones in the .mil, but not all of us are. I still serve, and proudly, but as a .civ.

Now, back on topic. If you won't stand behind our .mil, please stand in FRONT of them.

• Like 1

It looks like they realized they fucked up.

http://www.americanpatriotdaily.com/featured/anthem-protesting-nfl-team-announcement/

Anthem-Protesting-NFL-Team-Just-Made-A-J

...now they'll cry a few crocodile tears, say they really didn't mean it, and hate our country silently while raking in the million$.

Hopefully, the fans will STAY away.

• Like 1