Listening to some of the video, it seems to have that not so consistent rate of fire like a Slidefire. Also, it had that distinct AK sound, but that could have something to do with the acoustics of the balcony the shooter was firing from. I suppose we get to find out what a mass shooting with Republican president, weak Republican Congress, and weak Republican Senate is like. I am not under the illusion that something stupid will not happen.

Having lost a child and almost lost the other at the same time, the hearts of some parents are being ripped out right now. That is exactly what it feels like. My experience has made me emotionally cold to some degree, but these moments of thinking about how others feel with the loss of a child or potential loss of a child do bring tears to my eyes. I know how they feel and it just kills me. Please pray that the injured will pull through and save a few that hole in their heart.

Here is some video with decent audio. You may need to sign in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3HSNQ9zHRM

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Antis are NOT in the business of trading.. They offer total confiscation and then offer to meet in the middle of only taking half the stuff now and the other half later.. Then say how they agreed

Guys, we are not getting silencers or AOWs off the NFA in trade for anything right now.

Don't get me wrong. We are both on the same side.   Keep digging, Keep asking questions.   I will add two observances to this debate.   One: This sick fuck was spraying a condensed crowd. Under

Posted Images

My heart goes out to all of those affected.  I live for my two daughters...everything that I have done wrong in my life, they are making it right.  I don't know what I would do if I lost them. Terrible, terrible thought.  I am sorry to those of you that have.  That certainly sounded like a full auto to me.  Why ANYONE would do this, I just don't get it.  About his accomplice, she apparently has been cleared for now. 

God bless them and prayers for them all. 

A truly sad day for this country. 

The repercussions for the 2nd Amend.....well, who knows, with the current ball-less leaders we have. 

Edited by sjgusmc21

Naw that sounds like plain old FA. Sound is weird due to location.

Light caliber from the rate of fire and the AK clatter seems there.

About 1:30 in we swear that's two shooters as I do not see the police being in the fight that early and just firing into the hotel.

But just hard to say FA AK74s?

Edited by Rhodes1968

Occum's  Razor.  Just one crazy loonie toonie acting alone.  OR Paranoia? ...  The Swamp is an Big Ocean.  Dark Bad Government. Conditioned shooter(s).  But ... probably this is someplace in between.  How long did it take for police to respond?  Just silly old me here, but with that many folks all outside in a free kill zone one would think the cops would consider the possible horrible events.  If I were in charge of security for that event all sorts of notions would be running through the mares nest of my feeble minds eye.

But ... how long does it take for one man to do 20 30 rd mag dumps?  Not long at all.  The Vegas Cops probably do not have enough people to provide adequate security. 

And, I was not there.  I do not do crowds.  Right now still trying to burn through the shock of it all.  This WILL result in repercussions in many State Houses AND Congress.  Kiss the Hearing Protection Act away.  Lots of other good pro Constitution bills will now never see the light of day.  Consider it a political knee jerk reaction from bad politicians when this sort of disaster occurs.  They must show they are still in political control.  They exercise this by killing the messengers.  We may eventually find out what happened.

Or ... we may not either.  Wheels within wheels.  :(  :(  :(

I will not indulge thoughts of conspiracy theories at this point, but I will say based on the information released so far, this makes absolutely no sense. The amount of planning that it took for this was pretty in depth. The guy didn't just flip out. The guy had to have had a motive, and as of right now, I don't see any that would match this level of evil. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families and those injured. I am truly sick over this. The last time I felt this way was 9-11.

Looking at the general reaction and calls for sensible gun control, it would appear that the consensus is if we would have just made it illegal for an average citizen to own an automatic weapon, this wouldn't have hap.....Oh wait....

I am amazed by the ignorance of many Americans when it comes to firearms.

We have a lot of work to do. I hope this tragedy pulls us together as a nation instead of dividing us, but judging from the narrative thus far it has not started off well.

I'm guessing converted AR 10. I may be totally off, but just doesn't sound AKish. Sounds way more AR10 ish. Guess we will find out soon enough. 

I will not indulge thoughts of conspiracy theories at this point, but I will say based on the information released so far, this makes absolutely no sense. The amount of planning that it took for this was pretty in depth. The guy didn't just flip out. The guy had to have had a motive, and as of right now, I don't see any that would match this level of evil. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families and those injured. I am truly sick over this. The last time I felt this way was 9-11.

Looking at the general reaction and calls for sensible gun control, it would appear that the consensus is if we would have just made it illegal for an average citizen to own an automatic weapon, this wouldn't have hap.....Oh wait....

I am amazed by the ignorance of many Americans when it comes to firearms.

We have a lot of work to do. I hope this tragedy pulls us together as a nation instead of dividing us, but judging from the narrative thus far it has not started off well.

I love the people calling for a ban on "machine guns".

Just now on FOX.....So far no link to terrorism. Also Modified AR15 found at scene. Modified to full auto.

The modifications were not identified.  Whether slide fire or complete conversion has not been stated.

Just saw pics of this guy with a pussy hat on at an anti Trump rally.

I think thats where this is going

BH

PS listening to the recordings, the cyclic rate of fire was very slow for an M16

Who knows what it will turn out to be...and thats IF we get honest answers 

Edited by BlackHeart762
  • Like 1

Over 500 people, 500.!

Gun reports early on are usually wrong. We just have to wait.

In the mean time over 50 are dead. If he did not have guns it would be something else, there a lot of nuts out there.

Did not spend a lot of time on the videos but it sounded like an AK to me

Over 500 people, 500.!

Gun reports early on are usually wrong. We just have to wait.

In the mean time over 50 are dead. If he did not have guns it would be something else, there a lot of nuts out there.

Did not spend a lot of time on the videos but it sounded like an AK to me

Edited by jerry52

The rate of fire does seem low for an AR and that clack seems to be there.

I aint buying the single shooter, heck I can hear two on the vid going at it. 

This was a well planned and staged execution

Pray for the wounded morn the dead, what else is there

Keep in mind the Mandalay Hotel is two "wings" with different angles. A gunshot from one side will echo off the other side with a delay, possibly sounding like two separate gunshots from different locations. Then there will be echoes from the other buildings in the area as well.

I haven't had the chance to watch any videos on it yet, not sure if I will. Messy, terrible situation, but I see yet another "unexplained" shooting with "no motive."  :unsure:

I just don't know what to think or say other than my heart goes out to the families of those who were killed or wounded.

Hillary's myopic, knee-jerk statement is hopefully a final nail in the coffin for her.

Rest assured the Democrats will spin this with exaggerated emotional assertions to score cheap political points, use it to push issues that have no direct bearing on this shooting and the shooter, and blame everyone & everything except the shooter himself. One Democrat is trying to do so on FOX news already as I write this. As usual, he's asserting something feminine in nature like "dialogue" is needed. He's also trying to focus on suppressors when this shooter didn't use such a device.

I am glad I live in a town where people own guns, they know how to use them, they have C.C.L.s, many are retired military, and they would instantly come to help police if such an incident occurred here.

One concern I have is the snobby comment of the CBS legal executive who got fired for saying she has no sympathy for country music fans because they're just gun toting Republicans. Her comment lends credence to my idea that the political left is working to Balkanize our country (and emasculate everything like the military and the NFL).

Maybe it's best if the northeast and the entire west coast did become their own countries. I doubt they'd last very long.

So far, I have not heard one democrat express sympathy for the victims. They're immediately going political.

• Like 1

Keep in mind the Mandalay Hotel is two "wings" with different angles. A gunshot from one side will echo off the other side with a delay, possibly sounding like two separate gunshots from different locations. Then there will be echoes from the other buildings in the area as well.

I haven't had the chance to watch any videos on it yet, not sure if I will. Messy, terrible situation, but I see yet another "unexplained" shooting with "no motive."  unsure.png

Possible but doesn't sound like echoes as the fire stops and starts (mag changes I reckon).

There are two windows out not sure if that is pertinent or not. 

Well, a concealable pistol wouldn't have done any of them any good unless they were Jerry Miculek. ETA: I can't believe I said that before even seeing the Yeager video... I just can't get over how many people were still just standing there long after shots rang out.

That is the slowest M16 I have ever heard. I still think it was an AK. 

Skip to 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWaUFPfoJU

James Yeager made video stating that members of antifa are claiming responsibility on face book and challenging them to meet him and his team in and unpopulated area to settle this.

https://www.facebook.com/JamesYeagero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZghU6jvwJcw

I'm no Yeager fan, but I'd like to see him win that.

I really think it was a 47. The 74 just sounds slightly faster. ETA: I just opened the shooting video and the 47 video below, playing at the same time, and it does indeed sound more like the 74.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuc5qxSYjUs

The guy went nuts over gambling debts?

Time to get rid of Vegas cacinos because they kill.

He went nuts over gambling debts! This is why he shot up over 500 people?

Why didn't he shoot up the people who he owed the money to?

This does not make sense.

• Like 2

Looks like he had AR-15's with bump fire stocks (at least 2). NOTHING makes sense- this a millionaire! Maybe he owed a huge gambling debt to George Sorros? Everything that has come out so far DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

Prayers for the victems and their families. A swift execution for anyone involved in this TERRORIST ACT! CBS has already fired one senior lawyer for commenting that "country music fans are Republicans AND THEY DESERVE IT! 

Ladies and Gentlemen we are at war, and the enemy is well entrenched - and they LOVE violence.