A couple of things stated in ZeroHedge's questions make me look very dubiously upon them.

But especially #6, what a crock of crap!

My youngest son who is 12 can handle an AR easy as pie.

Especially with a bipod and a bump stock shooting from a stable platform.

No accuracy needed just aim into the stampeding sheep where they're the thickest... Mass Carnage very easily attained.

Advanced weapons? Just stop.

Training and stamina? 15 minutes basic knowledge, no stamina needed.

Elevation/range effect on accuracy?  You're aiming into a mass of tens of thousands of people not a 12" gong, so what if you forget to aim a bit low to compensate.

Would have to be a human super weapon?  What is this guy smoking?

This crap stinks like a roadkill skunk.

Stopped at #6, not bothering to read further.

Well thanks for the review on the article.. I guess.

Where did yall get the info the rifles or is all this just in the guesstimate phase?

The reports are out on what was found in the hotel rooms.

And the pics of the hotel room, weapons/mags and his body.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4944234/Two-23-rifles-inside-Stephen-Paddock-s-room.html

There are also reports that he fired at and hit some large aviation fuel storage tanks at the nearby airport trying to set them afire or worse, thankfully just put a couple of small holes in one.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Antis are NOT in the business of trading.. They offer total confiscation and then offer to meet in the middle of only taking half the stuff now and the other half later.. Then say how they agreed

Guys, we are not getting silencers or AOWs off the NFA in trade for anything right now.

Don't get me wrong. We are both on the same side.   Keep digging, Keep asking questions.   I will add two observances to this debate.   One: This sick fuck was spraying a condensed crowd. Under

Posted Images

So it only took 1 hour and 12 minutes for police to break down his door. The media isn't bragging about that.

We know two families that were there. They're all okay. A few saw bullets hit nearby while they were hiding.

The perp also had a pilot's license, according to one news source.

Edited by Sim_Player

Bye bye bump stock, the writings is on the wall.

Why not bye bye hotel rooms or gun tripod.

Politics at its best this morning.

And for you guy who have a bump stock you will soon be a felon.

Goodie another law to enforce.

Yeah, I fully expect the BATF to ban slide fire type stocks any day now. It would take little more than a memo, but Congress will rant and rave over this for months, and thousands of slide fire stocks will be sold in the meantime. 

I don't own any and always considered them novelties. I've fired full auto AR's and found no use for that third setting either. Too hard to control and you are out of ammo fast! I guess maybe if I was laying down cover fire.

• Like 1

HOW long did it take for the Cops to break down his hotel room door?

75 minutes... Sheriff statement last night...

NRA IS BACKING A BAN... WHAT DOES THE NRA DO WITH ALL THE DONATIONS?

Trump is talking about gun control...WTF?

This deal is smelling like 4 day old fish in the hot sun...

Edited by machinist
  • Like 1

Technically ATF can easily ban them two different ways.

If any long term reputable members want the details send me a PM.. I don't believe in giving the ATF help but I'm reasonably sure they will figure it out on their own.

How long did it take the cops to break down his hotel room door AFTER the cops had a specific location?  In comparison how long does it take a good fire department to put water on a fire on that fire floor in the same location?  All of it takes many minutes.  But over ONE HOUR does not sound right.

Respectfully.

Looks like the NRA wants to deal. Cans for bumpstockd. I'll take a can over s bumpstock any day.

Are we positive that this is just the start, banning bump fire stocks? Are semi-auto guns next?

The Dems said they hope bump stocks are the start of the slippery slope...

How long did it take the cops to break down his hotel room door AFTER the cops had a specific location?  In comparison how long does it take a good fire department to put water on a fire on that fire floor in the same location?  All of it takes many minutes.  But over ONE HOUR does not sound right.

Respectfully.

HB, look at the timeline from the 9:00 est news conference last night. The sheriff presented a minute by minute timeline during his conference...

• Like 1

I don't own any and always considered them novelties. I've fired full auto AR's and found no use for that third setting either. Too hard to control and you are out of ammo fast! I guess maybe if I was laying down cover fire.

Aircraft, vehicles, and getting heads down are about the only things FA is good for.

what i support is a ban on "uncontrolled fire without a device to assist"

meaning, even if bum stocks go, ban hip firing them the same way, as it is "uncontrolled fire" .

laws that make sense.

God, I remember the day after the election when people like MAC and others where making it seem like we could repeal the NFA and Hughes. Cut to 11 months later and Wayne's butt-buddy is talking about gun control, Chris Cox is telling the ATF to ban bump stocks and Paul Ryan is holding suppressors hostage.

Good things the Democrats didn't win, huh!?

• Like 1

the NRA folded like a cheap tent..

america didnt know what a bump fire stock was a few days ago..

now, they demand they MUST be banned!

(ETA: the LAST president to ban an ENTIRE class of weapons was a lifelong Democtat turned Republican.. just sayin'..)

• Like 4

I don't agree with the way NRA caved in on the bump stocks, but it could end up going a lot worse for us.  Time will tell whether that is a smart play or not.  If nothing else, it puts the ATF in the hot seat of having to explain some of their rulings, why a bump stock with a spring is verboten, and one without is OK, etc.  Bump stocks are stupid to begin with, and while I oppose the blaming/banning of an inanimate object, I will be overjoyed if that is all we end up losing out of this.

Edit to add;  Bumpstocks can be restricted with the stroke of an ATF pen, and everybody goes away feeling as though they got something.  Offering them up on the chopping block may end up short circuiting legislation which will almost certainly end very badly for us.

Edited by Netpackrat
  • Like 1

The more I think a bout it, the more the words "won't negotiate with terrorists" reverberate through my mind. Fuck the lefties. Someone pulled the trigger on those rifles, bumpstocks or not. We shouldn't give them shit. They on the other hand owe us our cans.

The more I think a bout it, the more the words "won't negotiate with terrorists" reverberate through my mind. Fuck the lefties. Someone pulled the trigger on those rifles, bumpstocks or not. We shouldn't give them shit. They on the other hand owe us our cans.

• Like 1

My wife hates bump stocks.

When I take her to the range she marvels at newbies who have just got their first AR and put a bump stock on it.

She says they can't aim them, and they cannot get them to work and does not think they are safe because the shooters mind is not on the target but on the operation of the dumb thing.

To me it is just a ammo wasting novelty but it's not my money, is it.

What concerns me is we want to ban them when as far as I have seen we do not know if a bump stock was used.

Can you make a bump stock work on a tripod?

Remember in the US we have a one party system, some are Dems and some are Reps all working to justify their existence.

With all the 60 round mags stacked in the room nobody is talking about high capacity Mag restrictions.

• Like 4

You raise an interesting point and question. I'm not sure if you can get a bumpstock to work on a bipod. Anyone know?

Might actually work better that way. I've had bumpfire with Geissele trigger and bipod.

Always bring along a goat when walking in tiger country! Looks like bump stocks may become the 'sacrificial' goat.

I will WILLINGLY trade bump stocks for suppressors. As they say - good deal.

• Like 4

Time will tell.

Always bring along a goat when walking in tiger country! Looks like bump stocks may become the 'sacrificial' goat.

Well, at least the occurrence of someone coming into my shop with a bumpstock and every other accessory money can buy will decline. They have this look on their face like I am supposed to be impressed and all I can think is what a pig of a weapon, lose all of this, lose all of that, throw bumpstock in the trash, get a decent trigger, get a decent RDS, and it may be a decent defense implement after that. they often ask "what else would recommend for it" and I just stare off into space trying to figure out how not to be offensive, yet tell them a 16" AR should not weigh 11 lbs, etc.

• Like 2

Time will tell.

Well, at least the occurrence of someone coming into my shop with a bumpstock and every other accessory money can buy will decline. They have this look on their face like I am supposed to be impressed and all I can think is what a pig of a weapon, lose all of this, lose all of that, throw bumpstock in the trash, get a decent trigger, get a decent RDS, and it may be a decent defense implement after that. they often ask "what else would recommend for it" and I just stare off into space trying to figure out how not to be offensive, yet tell them a 16" AR should not weigh 11 lbs, etc.

Lol....this post made my day