New From Tromix - Super Micro 6" (PIC)

Here's a sneak peek of the prototype 6" barrel super micro S-12. The only forend that was even close to working on this thing was one of BattleRifle's custom wood Galil units made for my 8" guns. The front end is threaded 7/8-28 with a compact door breacher stand-off installed. The gas piston stroke has also been lengthened nearly double over the OEM piston travel.

Shown in the pic is the prototype 6" on top with a finished 8" on the bottom for comparison.

post-3-1142044957_thumb.jpg

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

Too cool, Tony!!

I wonder if science has a term for what's wrong with you?

I e-mailed Tony in the past and found out he's a fellow Sicilian... his last name "Rumore" means "Noise"

in Italian... so you see, it's in his blood to make nasty and loud creations... he just can't help it!

Tony, I'm happy of the fact that you're a "paisan"... you make all of us Sicilians proud. :super:

The 6", huh? Nice.

"Rumores of war" is what my wife calls Tony.

You gotta love it!! B)

I'd love to get a tally of how many members on this forum are of Sicilian decent... I came over to the U.S. in 1969 at the age of 7 and been here ever since... my hometown is Partinico, Sicily... just a few miles from Corleone and Palermo in either direction. If anyone wants something translated or wants to learn some good words in Sicilian :angel: just let me know... I speak fluent Sicilian.

Stugots (means something like brass balls)

I hope this isn't a hijack of one of Tony's threads, but I'd like to add something... First, I'd like to thank Tony for the outstanding job he did on my S-12 a month or so back..... I am thoroughly impressed with his work and look forward to a future Tromix conversion. Also, my Great Grandfather and Gmother were from Palermo(Spelling) Sicily and moved here around 1912 to an Italian mining community..... Last name is Pino by the way....

I take about an 1/8" off the bottom edge so the stock doesn't end up sticking upward.

I weld a plate to the back of the receiver that has two 10/32 threaded inserts welded to the backside so the ACE stock will mount up with a facotry look.

Hi Zebra-

It's a short barrel shotgun, and like a short barrel rifle or full auto firearm, falls under NFA regulations. What it means is that in order to get one of these, you need to complete an ATF Form 4 to register it which includes you gettng an FBI background check including fingerprints and a photo, approval by your chief LEO, and paying $200 to the ATF for a tax stamp, all in order to legally possess an NFA firearm. At least that's my understanding. There are some other finer, or not so finer, details you can read about or others may add.

Form 4: http://www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form4.pdf

FAQ on NFA firearms: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/...ist/nfa_faq.txt

Edited by tritium
Here's a sneak peek of the prototype 6" barrel super micro S-12. The only forend that was even close to working on this thing was one of BattleRifle's custom wood Galil units made for my 8" guns. The front end is threaded 7/8-28 with a compact door breacher stand-off installed. The gas piston stroke has also been lengthened nearly double over the OEM piston travel.

Shown in the pic is the prototype 6" on top with a finished 8" on the bottom for comparison.

post-3-1142044957_thumb.jpg

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

I would pay big bucks to see the look on the face of the guy who breaks into a house with an owner that has one of these bad boys. The only question is, will he shit or piss himself first when he turns around after hearing the action slam a shell into the chamber!!! If I ever, for any reason, find myself a visitor to Tony's house, I will call first, loudly anounce that I am walking to the door from the sidewalk, ring the door bell then promptly put my hands in the air just in case. That is one bad ass gun!!!

you know us amerikanskies.....

Us Sicilianskies love big fireballs and recoil... the more the better... builds character I always say.

:lol::killer:

well being from the mainland of the old country i'm not sure if it applies but if it does, thats where i get it :lolol:

you know us amerikanskies.....

Us Sicilianskies love big fireballs and recoil... the more the better... builds character I always say.

:lol::killer:

well being from the mainland of the old country i'm not sure if it applies but if it does, thats where i get it :lolol:

Hey Paisan!! :super: Must be in the genes... what part of Italy are you from?