Tried some very impressive double aught buck

I have an 8" S-12 going to a Florida PD SWAT team for test and evaluation (possible replacement of all of their 870's) and they wanted me to test it with their duty load. It's 2.75" Speer Lawman 8 pellet double aught buck. The brass is an odd mid-length and the shells are plum colored. When I bought the shells, the guy told me "you can take head shots at 25 yards with a cylinder bore".........OK whatever, man.

So, I took the gun out to the range with a pile of different ammo, and it was shooting everything into about a 20" pattern at 25 yards. I slipped in some of the Lawman ammo, and holy shit, that guy was right. The pattern was a tight 5". I couldn't believe it.....never seen shit like that before.

http://www.miragetechnologies.net/SPEER%20...0Ammunition.htm

Tony

Edited by TonyRumore

Wonder which police department is considering the progressive step of dumping the obsilite 870. I was in a Gun shop in Jacksonville Florida and asked the guy behind the counter about Saiga shotguns he said they are junk the police tried them and did not like them, I said "Really" "have you ever fired one?" he said no, then I said 'you might want to try one before you talk shit about it."

Generally I don't get into arguements in gunshops, he can say what ever he wants about me but don't insult my Saiga!

5 inch shot pattern at 25 yards with an 8 inch barrel that is indeed impressive.

Wonder which police department is considering the progressive step of dumping the obsilite 870. I was in a Gun shop in Jacksonville Florida and asked the guy behind the counter about Saiga shotguns he said they are junk the police tried them and did not like them, I said "Really" "have you ever fired one?" he said no, then I said 'you might want to try one before you talk shit about it."

Generally I don't get into arguements in gunshops, he can say what ever he wants about me but don't insult my Saiga!

5 inch shot pattern at 25 yards with an 8 inch barrel that is indeed impressive.

John,

A semi-auto 12 gauge for under $500 has to be a piece of junk, right?? Oh, and if god meant man to fly he would have given us wings, the world is really flat and eight track tape players will never become obsolete!!!

I have an 8" S-12 going to a Florida PD SWAT team for test and evaluation (possible replacement of all of their 870's) and they wanted me to test it with their duty load. It's 2.75" Speer Lawman 8 pellet double aught buck. The brass is an odd mid-length and the shells are plum colored. When I bought the shells, the guy told me "you can take head shots at 25 yards with a cylinder bore".........OK whatever, man.

So, I took the gun out to the range with a pile of different ammo, and it was shooting everything into about a 20" pattern at 25 yards. I slipped in some of the Lawman ammo, and holy shit, that guy was right. The pattern was a tight 5". I couldn't believe it.....never seen shit like that before.

http://www.miragetechnologies.net/SPEER%20...0Ammunition.htm

Tony

Tony:

Any decent slugs will give you that performance at 25 yds. I commonly get 6" to 8" max groups at 100 yds. with Wollf rifled slugs. WTF?? Of course, that's with a 19" CB barrel, not an 8" or somthing similar.

Edited by inparidel
Tony:

Any decent slugs will give you that performance at 25 yds. I commonly get 6" to 8" max groups at 100 yds. with Wollf rifled slugs. WTF?? Of course, that's with a 19" CB barrel, not an 8" or somthing similar.

Uhhh, he was talking about the spread of 00 buckshot not slugs...

I ordered some of this and just received it yesterday. And to my amazement can also varify this report. It shoots very well with a rather easy recoil. I was very impressed and will be getting more. This is my new defence round. Great stuff. Try for yourself and see. Thanks for the info Tony.

I have to say that this is one tight OO pattern good to at least 30-40 yards. I actually tried the link to this place that sells the Speer Lawman ammo, and it came up with LEO slugs also. Ordered a quci 50 (slugs) by accident, but it turned out to be a good thing also. I grouped the slugs last week with some 2 second sighting between shots with a Kobra red dot at 50 yards. Kept a 6" pattern at a good rate of fire with VERY little felt recoil on 3 mags.

I received the buck shot yesterday and this morning I was on a 25yard bench rest and it was punching fist size holes through a 5" Shoot'N'C target. It was somewhat comical, because these are my pistol targets that are usually good for about 4 magazines of 9mm or so. 2 shots with this ammo and there was no more black or green to be seen!!

the range guys thought it very hilarious, since this is an outdoor range and there is 20 minutes between target changes. I took 2 shots, blew out the visible target, sent 30 pellets through the hole and couldn't even verify I was actually on target any more.

They love this S-12, and get a chuckle every time I bring it out, but this wad is pretty crazy.