ACan anyone post threaded barrel pics????

I will try too as soon as i get some battries for my camera. I want to know why i have two sets of threads inside my choke.

Thanks -- i'd appreciate that!

Two sets of threads -- weird! You buy the chokes used from one source? Maybe they tried to use them on a wrong thread pattern. ???

BTW -- if Urals is out of FH -- I will eventually have an extra of the first hider he was selling. You'd be welcome to it at my cost plus shipping to you. Of course, this is all dependent on either of these inbound FHs making it to me. LMK if you're in need at some point..........

I will try too as soon as i get some battries for my camera. I want to know why i have two sets of threads inside my choke.

Thanks -- i'd appreciate that!

Two sets of threads -- weird! You buy the chokes used from one source? Maybe they tried to use them on a wrong thread pattern. ???

BTW -- if Urals is out of FH -- I will eventually have an extra of the first hider he was selling. You'd be welcome to it at my cost plus shipping to you. Of course, this is all dependent on either of these inbound FHs making it to me. LMK if you're in need at some point..........

It is the same choke that came on my Saiga, it is marked 0.0 I belive. I'm still working on the batteries. I will also accept your offer on the FH. Whenever you are ready TIA.

I'm not sure what your looking for, or to do, but the thread is M22x.75

I have a picture of a barrel TAT that I made and a die I bought from Newman Tool in the members gallery.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=mo...=si&img=464

Have since traded the die to Tromix. If no one gets you a barrel picture, I'll send you one later, but it's a metric M22x.75 thread and has the threads at the very front of the barrel cut off (small exterior barrel step)

One of the biggest problems with threading the barrel is that the wall thickness varriation on some of the s12's can be quite a bit, which is the reason I never released the barrel tat to members. Best results on having a non-threaded barrel threaded would be to have the outside diameter turned on center in a lathe first provided you have enough material to work with, then cutting threads. Then there's that p.i.t.a. step to cut which can be a real bitch without a lathe.

Edited by 6500rpm
I'm not sure what your looking for, or to do, but the thread is M22x.75

I have a picture of a barrel TAT that I made and a die I bought from Newman Tool in the members gallery.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=mo...=si&img=464

Have since traded the die to Tromix. If no one gets you a barrel picture, I'll send you one later, but it's a metric M22x.75 thread and has the threads at the very front of the barrel cut off (small exterior barrel step)

One of the biggest problems with threading the barrel is that the wall thickness varriation on some of the s12's can be quite a bit, which is the reason I never released the barrel tat to members. Best results on having a non-threaded barrel threaded would be to have the outside diameter turned on center in a lathe first provided you have enough material to work with, then cutting threads. Then there's that p.i.t.a. step to cut which can be a real bitch without a lathe.

i have mine cut and threaded (by tony). basically, what i want to see is how the factory barrel is threaded and how the barrel end is finished (contoured, etc). so, for my purposes, only a pic of a factory threaded barrel will work.

saiga005.jpg

saiga002.jpg

Ok as promised barrel thread pics. Sorry it took so long. Kind looks like threads for a FAL on steroids.

Also is a pic of the inside of my choke. What is up with the dual sets of threads?

Enjoy :haha:

thanks!

is there about a 45 degree bevelon the outside of the barrel or is that just m y imagination?