Dragunov/Skeletonized Stocks Available Soon

Got another reply today in my e-mail from, Clyde, sales and marketing manger of Russian American Armory. I inquired about those Dragunov/Sketetonized stocks I see on some Saigas coming from them, and where I might purchase one.

He informed me that they will be delivered to their distributors as an accessory after the first of the year. He will ship them out as soon as they arrive.

Thought ya all might wanna know. It is and alternative to a conversion stock and should in most cases help you play the 922 game while still having the benefits of a pistol grip stock. I like the way they look, so I'm gettin' me one.

Edited by MacMan
Hey MacMan, I got the bullet guide kit from Danzig that works great and I buy my 20 rounders locally at the gun shows for around $12-15 each. I have, but don't really like, 30 round mags, 20 is perfect for me.

I hear ya. Personally, I don't like the 30 rounders either. They just seem to clumsy to me. I could see it if you had a full auto set up, but for me, the 20 rounders are plenty.

I think Tapco has some, but I'll shop around. I know they are out there somewhere.

Hey MacMan, I got the bullet guide kit from Danzig that works great and I buy my 20 rounders locally at the gun shows for around $12-15 each. I have, but don't really like, 30 round mags, 20 is perfect for me.

I hear ya. Personally, I don't like the 30 rounders either. They just seem to clumsy to me. I could see it if you had a full auto set up, but for me, the 20 rounders are plenty.

I think Tapco has some, but I'll shop around. I know they are out there somewhere.

Tapco has a great price on brand new Hungarians for $15, especially when they run the free shipping for over $50 merchandise (which they do all the time). Then you can snag 4 of them for $60. They has an awsome deal for used 20 rounders but sold out of them.

I was lucky to find one for sale by another member and here's what it looks like on my 22" barreled 7.62x39.

What exactly was done to this rifle to make it 922r compliant?

ya know I was thinking the same thing

It is in violation of 922R, based on his other posts, there are no American parts on his rifle. Even with only a 10 round magazine in it, I think the rifle would still be in violation because of the muzzle break, right?

The brake probably is US. The rest is imported unless the gas piston and FCG parts have been changed out. If some one really wanted that look they could make those changes and use US made floorplates and followers in all their mags but that's the only way it would be legal. Otherwise the brake, the mag, and the feedramp required to feed from that mag costitute assembly and that's a no no. "Bailiff whack his pee pee."

Not trying to come down on ya man but better me than someone with a badge. I posted that because this thread is going to be seen by lots of people wanting to use a thumbhole or PG / buttstock shortcut on their Saigas and they need to know you can't just bolt on any stock you want or put a brake on a Saiga without bringing the rifle up to code. This question comes up daily around here.

FYI front and rear sights have nothing to do with compliance, nor does the scope mount. The ONLY way to make a rifle legal in that configuration is to do as I stated above.

1. Gas piston

2. Hammer

3. Disconnector

4. "trigger"

5. Followers

6. Floorplates

7. Brake

You can take one item off that list and be ok but you need 6 US parts (from the list) including the brake.

Cobra's right about parts. What makes me wonder though is how are these rifles coming into the US with these stocks? Surely they received approval as "sporting."

I was wondering the same thing. From what my dealer said is that you are okay, until you put a mag larger than 10 rounds in it, or a muzzle brake. Then you have a WMD, and it's no longer compliant.

But why would that effect those that are fortunate enough to live in a state that does not have the AWB as a carry over since the sunset date? My state, NY does so it is an issue here.

A few dealers are selling rifles with this stock already installed.

Wonder if 922r will apply when only using 10rd factory mag.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62181673

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62361033

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62432323

Well, that is an interesting question. A while back, ATF decided that thumbhole stocks count as pistol grips. There is no law stating this, only ATF's bad interpretation of badly written law. If the ATF sticks to this statement, then the new Dragunov Stocked Saigas are a violation of 922R right? Maybe everyone including the ATF bullies know that it was obsurd in the first place to try and classify thumbhole stocks as such and now the importers are testing them? Either way, slap a magazine with more than 10 rounds into an unconverted Saiga and it is an illegal import, whatever stock is on the back.

As for your third link, that is a russian made folding stock, and it is illegal to attach it to an unconverted Saiga. The seller in question (killimall) is a fucking asshole for selling it to people unaware. They buy the stock, hear about 922R and eventually find their way here. Then they find out that putting that stock on their rifle actually increases their foreign part count by 1 since it counts as a stock AND pistol grip. The guy that sells them on gunbroker refuses to warn people, but HE KNOWS about 922R BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SHIP THE STOCKS ATTACHED TO THE RIFLES and in some auctions has stated that he won't. The stock is a useless item, because anyone who cares about being 922R compliant wouldn't buy it.

A few dealers are selling rifles with this stock already installed.

Wonder if 922r will apply when only using 10rd factory mag.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62181673

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62361033

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62432323

Well, that is an interesting question. A while back, ATF decided that thumbhole stocks count as pistol grips. There is no law stating this, only ATF's bad interpretation of badly written law. If the ATF sticks to this statement, then the new Dragunov Stocked Saigas are a violation of 922R right? Maybe everyone including the ATF bullies know that it was obsurd in the first place to try and classify thumbhole stocks as such and now the importers are testing them? Either way, slap a magazine with more than 10 rounds into an unconverted Saiga and it is an illegal import, whatever stock is on the back.

As for your third link, that is a russian made folding stock, and it is illegal to attach it to an unconverted Saiga. The seller in question (killimall) is a fucking asshole for selling it to people unaware. They buy the stock, hear about 922R and eventually find their way here. Then they find out that putting that stock on their rifle actually increases their foreign part count by 1 since it counts as a stock AND pistol grip. The guy that sells them on gunbroker refuses to warn people, but HE KNOWS about 922R BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SHIP THE STOCKS ATTACHED TO THE RIFLES and in some auctions has stated that he won't. The stock is a useless item, because anyone who cares about being 922R compliant wouldn't buy it.

That and didn't he get on the site here awhile back to tell us that 922r wasn't something we need to be worried about because "nobody checks for it"?