922(r) Clarification from the ATF

why is it that legalese slides right over my eyes? I must have read the dippy thing 15 times and I haven't the slightest inkling.... don't wory about clarification though- i've heard it enough in laymans terms to get the jist.

I still think it's a 'bolt on' law used to give violent offenders extra jail time, seeing as no one is going to knock on your door and ask to strip your rifle. And then you have to inventory each part. that seems clearly meant for after incident forensic type work. Icing on the cake of charges

I still think it's a 'bolt on' law used to give violent offenders extra jail time, seeing as no one is going to knock on your door and ask to strip your rifle.

You have have it wrong there. The 10 parts rule was not originally intended as an add on charge to increase chargeable violations to a felon. It was a political ploy circa 1990-1993 to prevent U.S. importers from easily turning compliant imports into pre-Nov 1990 ban configured product.

It is a political move of the anti gun establishment. However, it applies to anyone because of the wording. If it was purposely worded "unlawful for any importer to assemble from imported parts," then it would accurately reflect the main political target it was intended for.

All anti-gun laws are political tools of the social elite to control the masses. They have and do not want anyone else to have the same capability. Its a pipe-dream they try to brain wash the ignorant with to make them think America will be completely unarmed someday. Reality is the elites will always be armed, but you might not be, if they could have their way. A good example is Donald Trump. He always has armed security on standby. I've personally seen his bodyguards standing by his limo strapped with 9mm full auto MAC 10s. Ask yourself would he want the general public to be as heavily armed as he is? Thats social engineering plain and simple.

that makes sense but the law doesn't seem really inforceable unless you piss off the right people. I can DEFINITELY see what you mean with the social elite, and I think sooner or later it'll come to a head.

As for bodyguards, it seems awfully callus to keep a detail armed with open-bolt lead sprayers in potentially heavy bystander locations, but then again, this IS Trump you're talking about lol. :ph34r:

(5) Muzzle attachments. Removed

It does not make me happy to say this, but, I told you...

That email was addressing an sks configuration at the end.

A saiga barrel thread protector was not inquired about.

(3) Barrel extensions. None on SKS

(4) Mounting blocks (trunnions). None on SKS

(8) Operating rods. None on SKS

(16) Pistol grips. None on SKS

See what Im saying.