SureFire Gun Mags New SAIGA Polymer Mags

WHAT A BLAST!

SureFire Gun Mags New Saiga Polymer Mags are the fastest feeding mag I have ever used. They also have LAST SHOT BOLT HOLD OPEN FOLOWERS. They are made in AMERICA which means they are 3 part 922r compliant.

I have shot the 7.62x39 and the .223 and can't wait for their 308 mags due out in three weeks. The 7.62 and .223 come in 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30Rd capacity. The 308 mags will be in 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 Rd capacity. These mags are super tough and ready to rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A BLAST!

SureFire Gun Mags New Saiga Polymer Mags are the fastest feeding mag I have ever used. They also have LAST SHOT BOLT HOLD OPEN FOLOWERS. They are made in AMERICA which means they are 3 part 922r compliant.

I have shot the 7.62x39 and the .223 and can't wait for their 308 mags due out in three weeks. The 7.62 and .223 come in 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30Rd capacity. The 308 mags will be in 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 Rd capacity. These mags are super tough and ready to rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saigaguy...

I must ask: Do the letters HM mean anything to you?

Here's a copy of a Post I just did on mags. - hope it helps someone:

Here is something that might help you: (slightly modified post I just made concerning the Master Moulder 30 rd. mags.)

First, I agree w/ the others about NOT ordering your Saiga w/ the skeleton stock (Unless you want to keep it that way and Not use 30 rd. mags.)

You'll need to do 'some' type of conversion to be legal w/ 30 rd. mags.

1) You can do the 'Full Conversion' which requires gunsmithing (drilling, changing out

Trigger parts, moving the entire FCG forward, etc.(The Best, if you like to tear the guts out of you Saiga and move them forward - then You can use regular AK mags) or,

2) You can go with my recommendation - the 'quickie' (all you need is a flat head screwdriver and an allen wrench) (and about 15 MINUTES if you have it all lined out) :

Copy of my original Post:

I like the MM mags! First I ordered 1 just to test it. I dremeled it, Front side and Back side to match my stock 10 rd.

Tested at range - No Probs. (slight wobble) Then I had some probs. finding more, but now they have them at CDNN

for 12.99 (link was previously posted above). I ordered 3 more.

But this time I tried just working on ONE side first to see if it would catch on my unmodified 7.62 Saiga. I lined

up the MM mag to the stock one, and it looked like I needed to shave off about 2 mm on the UNDERSIDE

of the REAR mag catch lip on the mag. Took out my 1/2 serrated pocket knife, scribed a starting line w/ the

regular part of the blade, then just used the serrated edge to saw off the proper ammount. Took about a minute.

Works like a charm, no wobbles - so I did it to all the rest....wala! Now I have 4 MM 30 rounders - marked USA

on one side (and by the way it's marked "LAW & GOV'T USE ONLY" on the other side).

The mag is well built and solid, I doubt it would ever crack or break , even if thrown to the ground. The only other mod I do to mine is to round off the the rear bottom edges with a file because they are very sharp from the factory.

Now to use these mags per 922r, all you need to do is add, I believe (?), one more US made part. (MM mags count

for 3 US parts I believe). I chose to just bolt on an ACE folding PG/Stock set (2 US parts), so there you have it!

A 922r compliant Saiga 7.62 w/ PG and 30 round mags.! (just don't sitck in the old 10 rd stock mag...you'll fall out of compliance by 2 parts). But, if you want to use the Russian 10 rounders (hunting, etc.) you can easily just bolt on the original stock and return to legal imported version.

Edited by BullShark012

I'd like to see the URL for these. The only Surefire mags I know of are welded up Weigers (which are not US made in any fashion). It'd be nice if an American company made some decent 30 rounders for the Saiga in polymer.

I'd like to see the URL for these. The only Surefire mags I know of are welded up Weigers (which are not US made in any fashion). It'd be nice if an American company made some decent 30 rounders for the Saiga in polymer.

SureFire Gun Mags is an American Co. They no longer make metal mags for Saigas that were already 922r compliant. You can buy thier mags from RSR Group, Gilbert's, DK Mags, Atlantic Firearms, Bangers etc.

SureFire Gun Mags is an American Co. They no longer make metal mags for Saigas that were already 922r compliant. You can buy thier mags from RSR Group, Gilbert's, DK Mags, Atlantic Firearms, Bangers etc.

WHAT A BLAST!

Saigaguy...

I must ask: Do the letters HM mean anything to you?

Sorry but they don't.

What? HM? What are u talking about? And Surefire- Are u Sure It's 100% US Made? I think they May be crap too. Someone tell me otherwise.

BS012

The polymer SureFire Gun Mags I have are the best polymer mags I have bought or used. I am positive they are made in the USA it is embossed right on the mag and has an AMERICAN FLAG on it. If you take one apart all parts have US on them.

I'm not quite sure I see the big benefit to these mags. You can spend $40 each to buy Saiga-specific mags. Or you can spend $25 to install a bullet guide and buy the $13 Master Mold (Thermold) mags. So regardless of the quantity you buy, the Master Molds will be cheaper (and the reports continue to say that they work even without the bullet guide) . I have them for my 7.62x39 and they have run flawlessly.

It's always a positive sign when companies are bringing Saiga products into the market -- but I still have a hard time getting excited over $40 mags that won't work with anything else.

Jim

So It's Surefire or Master Moulder for USA 30 rd. mags.... I Know about the MM, I have 4 of them...they work great. At $12.99 each from CDNN how can You beat it? (guaranteed...they work w/ no mod to the gun (7.62) just minor shaving on the back side lip (2 mm - on the low side) to fit on an unmodified Saiga.

Edited by BullShark012

I saw a bunch of the 7.62 x 39 SureFire mags today. They are very nice, solid and lock up perfect, no bullet guide required. Gilberts is also selling them here:

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Clips-Magazine...agazine+US+Made

Three US parts but they are forty dollars each. The three dealers I spoke with at the gun show today told me that if you do no other mods like a pistol grip, there is no need for one more American made part. I know people here differ greatly in that opinion. One of the guys was a long time builder of AKs and was pretty much up on the 922r stuff. The whole thing still seems like an interpretation on someones or the ATFs part. Just to be sure, I was thinking about a US made buttstock (not a pistol grip or $$$ Ace Folder) but something like what comes on the rifle. Or I guess a piston or hand guard, or maybe a US made trigger/hammer assy from Dinzag.

Well, this is good news for NJ residents. I know, I know...move out of the state...working on it.

My dilemma has always been I could do the conversion but then what? I can't own magazines over 15rds unless military or law enforcement. Technically I'm still military but I'd really hate to have to test that in a court of law. In NJ law enforcement and military go through a 6 week training course where they master the use of mags with round capacities over 15. When they graduate the course they get their magazines and their light sabers....but I digress.

So basically, it sounds like we could replace the gas piston and be 922 compliant. To me that's worth the going price of the Surefire mags.

SAIGA GUY,

I am a little confused??? In this thread you started out stating that these mags have a LRBHO tabs built in to the followers. However I cant seem to verify that? I went to Gilberts , Alantic, etc I found the 40$ 30rders for saigas but not one of them mentioned LRBHO? I am not trying to flame you just want to get my hands on one

My dilemma has always been I could do the conversion but then what? I can't own magazines over 15rds unless military or law enforcement. Technically I'm still military but I'd really hate to have to test that in a court of law.

I thought as long as you were honorably discharged from whatever branch, you get to keep those kinda perks, no?

SAIGA GUY,

I am a little confused??? In this thread you started out stating that these mags have a LRBHO tabs built in to the followers. However I cant seem to verify that? I went to Gilberts , Alantic, etc I found the 40$ 30rders for saigas but not one of them mentioned LRBHO? I am not trying to flame you just want to get my hands on one

Believe me when I tell you that all SureFire Rifle mags have the last shot bolt hold open!!!!!!!!!!!

I have used them. I think that the dealers might not be totally informed about all the features of the new polymer mags yet. I will call Gilbert's tomorrow and talk to them.

SAIGA GUY,

Believe me when I tell you that all SureFire Rifle mags have the last shot bolt hold open!!!!!!!!!!!

I have used them. I think that the dealers might not be totally informed about all the features of the new polymer mags yet. I will call Gilbert's tomorrow and talk to them.

Awesome!!! Thanks I will have to try one out

Wouldnt a cheaper route be to get chinese a BHO follower and file down the stop bumps on the mag? Granted you would have the advantage of 3 US comp parts but since most of us have done the conversion it wouldnt matter. you end up saving like 25$ on each mag (12$ for mag 3$ for followers)? Just a thought :dollar:

first of all hello everyone ,i am new to this and want to have a clear understsnding of 992(i have been reading posts but find different info) i just purchased the 7.62 w/ skeleton stock and several 30 rd sure-fire mags from www.gilbertsguns.com i also ordered the tapco galil saiga handguard. so with the usa mags and the tapco handguard that is four usa parts is this compliant? i am going to order the(made in usa) phantom flash hider from blackjackbuffers but would this be a problem or is it better because its another usa part? and maybe down the line the g2 fcg but first i want to get more familiar. thanks for all the info...

first of all hello everyone ,i am new to this and want to have a clear understsnding of 992(i have been reading posts but find different info) i just purchased the 7.62 w/ skeleton stock and several 30 rd sure-fire mags from www.gilbertsguns.com i also ordered the tapco galil saiga handguard. so with the usa mags and the tapco handguard that is four usa parts is this compliant? i am going to order the(made in usa) phantom flash hider from blackjackbuffers but would this be a problem or is it better because its another usa part? and maybe down the line the g2 fcg but first i want to get more familiar. thanks for all the info...
Your count sounds good.

Keep in mind that factory Saigas don't have pistol grips or muzzle devices, so adding them adds to your parts count.

Just a word of recommendation to all, when you have a new product on the market

buy one or 2 the must, try them and see how they work, don't go crazy buying 10

and don't even know how good they are in any way I am not saying that their product is not good

or anything like that, just a word of caution on my part same way I do with all mags

before go and buy in bulk.

Just my 2 cents worth of no much if any one cares.