WTF ORF AR15 mag adapter

So i ordered my saiga 223. the other day with the intent of putting an ar15 mag adapter on it from ORF went to their site and ordered it got the confermation email on the order and then i get an email saying they will not be producing them anymore and they are all out of the ones they had well maybe you should update your god damn site then. Anyways now im kind of F$%#ed i need to find a mag adapter does anybody now where i can get one

Dam that sux thank god i bought mine last month instead of waiting till Jan. If i remember right there was a guy on AK47.net selling some for galil but that was a about 7 months ago if i find his link ill post it here.

im going to keep looking but if i dont find one i will have a saiga 223. for sale

I have two of the unfinished ones sold before ORF bought the lot. They are in storage (with the rest of my "stuff") and I won't be able to get to them until after the first of the year; I work for the USPS and this is a BUSY time of the year!

I bought the first adapter from the guy who sold them to ORF, and the other I got at ARFCOM's equipment exchange. My intent was as yours, to mod my Saiga .223 but I may go another direction.

Don't sell your Saiga yet.

buckmeister

Don't sell your Saiga yet.

buckmeister

Amen to that! If you need an adapter, I'm sure you'll find one here. (There are also other magazine options available. But if you need to use AR mags to standardize, I can definitely identify! Hang in there! ;>)

• 4 weeks later...

Last time I checked Stanley Smith (stanley3smithATmsnDOTcom) had some. . .

Subject: Galil AR magazine adapters

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:38:43 -0600

To: stanley

Do you still have the Galil AR magazine adapters?

John

December 13, 2007

Yes, I do.

Regards,

Stanley Smith

PO BOX 2193

DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534

ph# 706-974-6174

mobile# 904-669-4886

fax# 706-344-1394

Edited by Ax-Man
  • 1 month later...
Any more word on where to find the adaptors? I tried "stanley3smithATmsnDOTcom" and can't even find anything close.

I ordered one yesterday from Derek at AZEX arms in Mesa. AZ. It has been assembled and a finish applied. It was not cheap but he still said he had several. They are not listed on his web page. He had one for auction on Gunbroker a few days ago. That is how I tracked him down. The adapter I ordered should arrive by Saturday.

http://www.azexarms.com/

Here is a link to the closed auction with pictures of the adapter:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=91149430

Edited by withergyld
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you tried here?

Stanley Smith

PO BOX 2193

DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534

ph# 706-974-6174

mobile# 904-669-4886

fax# 706-344-1394

e-mail: stanley3smithATmsnDOTcom

He still had some as of December 2007. . .

I e-mailed him today. He still has 5 or 6, $75.00 each, shipped. Then they are gone. . .

Edited by Ax-Man

Question:

You just buy these things, pop 'em in the mag well, and voilla! you can use M16/AR15 mags?

I've already installed a bullet guide in my .223 Woul that get in the way of the mags or the adapter or both? Could I shave down the adapter so that I could use M16/AR15 mags and AK mags?

I am giddy with excitement, please cure my condition with information.

Nevermind, my trepidation is over. I read the connected posts.

Damn! I need to get me one of these adapters! Being able to use M16/AR15 mags is a must for conveinience as well as a SHTF situation.

Edited by Maniac Jack

You need to open up the mag well if u want to use the mag adapter, here is a link that i used to help me with my converion.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17312&hl=

Sadly its amost been 6 months and still working on my converion got the mag adapter and ar mag working :D just waiting to have some free time. working 2 jobs sucks :cryss: dont really have the time to do much.

Cool, I just ordered an adapter from Stanley. Said he's out on the West Coast, and won't ship 'til early March, but the check is in the mail. :smoke:

As soon as I get the thing I'll have to pick up a Dremel set and some steel files and such. I can't believe I've gotten away this long doing conversions with only a hand drill and a bench grinder! :eek:

Anyway, I'll have to pick up a good quality AR mag - one with a solid follower. Anyone know where to get one that doesn't cost an arm and a testicle?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...