which scope mount?

Ok I need some help deciding which scope mount to buy. I know I'm getting a red-dot, because for me an actual scope is pretty much useless on this shotgun. I've narrowed it down to two:

The first one is that side rail mount from Belarus. Here's a gunbroker auction to describe what I mean:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89580866

that's on the cheap.

The other one is an Ultimak rail that goes over the gas port. They just made it for the normal sight rail, before it was only available to the vent rib models.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...a9d5df9dd12207a

that's 90 bucks.

which one would be better????

I feel your pain. I ordered a scout mount but my kobra red dot on the weaver mount was retarded high. Pic in my album. So I ordered the side mount for the kobra from tantal and it is as good as it is going to get. It sits about a 1/4 inch above the receiver cover. Now I can get a fairly comfortable chin weld at least.

I have made a few upgrades to my competition Saiga for the upcoming season, a red dot is one of them. Right now my PK-01 is on my Siaga-12 but it is mounted forward on the barrel, not the gas tube I can co-witness it. This gives me the ability to go back to irons should my optic fail.

I used the CAA shotgun barrel mount. http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=133&cID=65

Edited by topmaul

topmaul i would like to see a picture of that if possible. Seems like it would be so far away from the eye, the gas block in the way. If it got too hot would it affect the scope or with that thing right on the barrel affect the gun in any way?

I used the Belarus, but I removed the picanney rail and thinned the top of the mount, the used allen screws to mount the C-More. Of course I had to locate, drill and tap two holes for the screws. I used the C-More for a template. The C-More is a Slide Ride model.

post-4457-1200847254_thumb.jpg

post-4457-1200847276_thumb.jpg

post-4457-1200847303_thumb.jpg

I used the Belarus, but I removed the picanney rail and thinned the top of the mount, the used allen screws to mount the C-More. Of course I had to locate, drill and tap two holes for the screws. I used the C-More for a template. The C-More is a Slide Ride model.

Looks good but a lot of work. The mount I got for the kobra is just a flat piece of bent sheet metal and it would of been perfect for what you just did.

802_500.jpg