I have been changing my AR-15A3 Carbine again. I removed the handle and added an ACOG scope with LaRue mount.

ACOG640x480.jpg

M4Rifle.jpg

I also modified a COLT M4 side sling mount so It will work with a HK hook and sling.

M4slingmount640x480.jpg

I am now waiting on the TROY folding rear sight.

Looking good. Myself, I am not happy with the TROY BUIS that came with my S&W15T, I think Yankee Hill is better in configuration. This is all personal preference though. I am still trying to decide on an optic. Should I put a 4X Leupold on, a 50mm 5-15X Bushnell or a CQB optic of some kind? I fitted the S&W15T out with CAA modular pistol grip and MagPul CTR stock and enhanced trigger guard too. The problem is the AR is too addictive in modular form, makes you want buy and fit out more then one. LOL.

Looking good. Myself, I am not happy with the TROY BUIS that came with my S&W15T, I think Yankee Hill is better in configuration. This is all personal preference though. I am still trying to decide on an optic. Should I put a 4X Leupold on, a 50mm 5-15X Bushnell or a CQB optic of some kind? I fitted the S&W15T out with CAA modular pistol grip and MagPul CTR stock and enhanced trigger guard too. The problem is the AR is too addictive in modular form, makes you want buy and fit out more then one. LOL.

what didn't you like about the TROY BUIS?

Well, when I switch rear sight aperture to the smaller diameter long range one, they will not fold down flat. The button for raising and folding the TROY is hard to operate, takes too much pressure to deactivate the detent. I also prefer the click A2 style windage knob on the Yankee Hill rear as I am used to it. The TROY seem to be made of alloy too (at least the base is), Yankee Hill are all steel so more rugged. I guess I am stuck with the TROY though as they are marked M&P by S&W for their gun, no one will want them with the advertising on them.

Well, when I switch rear sight aperture to the smaller diameter long range one, they will not fold down flat. The button for raising and folding the TROY is hard to operate, takes too much pressure to deactivate the detent. I also prefer the click A2 style windage knob on the Yankee Hill rear as I am used to it. The TROY seem to be made of alloy too (at least the base is), Yankee Hill are all steel so more rugged. I guess I am stuck with the TROY though as they are marked M&P by S&W for their gun, no one will want them with the advertising on them.

PM sent.

The Yankee Hill unit is a nice sight, it should serve you well.

I got my TROY sight today. It appears to be well made. I believe I will be happy with it.

The button is a little stiff, but on mine you only need to push it to lower the sight,don't need the button to raise, just lift it up.

as for being made from Aluminum, should be a non issue considering the upper and lower receiver are made from aluminum also.