2.75 or 3 inch

i dont have a saiga 20 but i have a mossy 500 in 20ga and i'll tell you 3 inch 20 guage is pretty hard to come by only thing i can find 3" is steel shot so just go for the 2 3/4 mags since thats what most 20 guage stuff is...dont get me wrong there is 3 inch stuff but its not really worth it

• 2 weeks later...

As to the 2 3/4 or 3 inch, my opinion would be it all depends. If you want the best possible advantage in a self defense or SHTF close quarters situation, I would personally opt for the 3-inch with #2 buck. I agree it is not that easy to find, but is out there, I just ordered a few boxes from Cheaper than Dirt, but there are other places/sponsors that may carry it too. If you are looking more at popping clays, dropping birds, or just practice 2 -3/4 seems to be the ticket, my $0.02.

• 4 months later...

I tried to turn the follower around in my 3" mag, but it binds. On mine the mag body has channels or guides to match up with the follower. (on the long sides) When you turn it around, the channels do not line up. It starts in from the bottom and binds 1/2 way up. Maybe a little sanding would free it up???

Anyone else experience this? This 3" mag came with the gun and it's an '03 model.

dinzag

did you mean "dinzag", or was it supposed to be "danzig"? :super::super:

anyway, i don't think that i experianced any binding or problems, just slid it out, turned around, slid it back in.

actually i turned just the follower around. left the spring facing the same way it was originally.

i think mine did have channels but i believe they lined up perfectly...............hell i can't remember it's been forever ago and i've slept since then.

i'd have to go strip it and see again.

i'll be back.

TWGLADF,

:super: You guessed it - the A & I flip-flop was on purpose :super:

Forgive my lack of photos - the wifey took the camera to the zoo today. I got mine to work smoothly by dremeling away about 3/16" of material from the follower stop??. I doctored your photo (Thanks BTW) to show which end I took it off.

I put a box of 25 through it today and they all fed in fine. None caught going in to the chamber. They were Estate brand high brass #8 shot 2 3/4". I'm happy!!

Side note: this won't work with the S-410 3" mags. I got the follower to go in, but the shells still get caught going in on the top of the chamber. Oh well, worth a shot eh?

post-2093-1119723534_thumb.jpg

glad we could all help each other out guys!

thats what we're here for!

damn, what did we all do before the internet.

i can't remember back that far but i bet it was damn boring, hard, complicated, and EXPENSIVE.

rock on! :super: