23tfrxy.jpg

FCG removed

2ela4g7.jpg

"clean" receiver

6znhuv.jpg

2e1ds09.jpg

receiver taped up and ready to be cut

2gvj6et.jpg

The stainless steel used for the iz-109 is much thicker than the iz132. Close to double.

Naturally it was hard to cut and file. Went through a few cutting wheels and the little filing took a lot longer. Heres the result:

2duf6kk.jpg

bk5qt.jpg

Pic of the latch I built from scratch. Almost done. needs some more filing, hole for the pin and hole for the spring

5lsyg0.jpg

All parts done. Hung up for painting

2hs6ctt.jpg

First coat for the receiver

fbiyxf.jpg

331eiie.jpg

Up close of the latch after first coat of high heat engine paint

2yv4fua.jpg

Receiver & barrel completely stripped. All springs and most pins removed.

29n9zd0.jpg

Notice the gas cap/screw's retaining pin & spring are removed. Now its ready for baking

huqfr8.jpg

Misc parts ready for baking. Trigger guard is cut and ready. Tried to mimic the S12C

2ebgv4n.jpg

Edited by jamesavery22

My quality riveting setup

2hyz81c.jpg

Rivets all done

155rjhe.jpg

estf1j.jpg

PG, trigger guard, and stock installed

n1e991.jpg

I used socket cap screws to install the trigguer guard. Instead of having two more nuts in the receiver I just taped the receiver for the two front holes. 6-32

2czbv34.jpg

Mods of the hammer and retaining plate. Lots of grinding to get them to fit. Had to grind the leg to get the BHO lever to fit and had to grind below the face of the hammer so its fits the S-12

28hevco.jpg

FCG installed

jsf2qg.jpg

Finished product

30l1h1x.jpg

103y8hk.jpg

25zmkno.jpg

nps11x.jpg

close up of the folding stock's latch. Ended up using a spring from a nice pen. Not a clickie pen but a nice ink pen. Didnt even know it had a spring in it. Very stiff so it worked great after hacking at it a little.

bi9ok7.jpg

23mleu8.jpg

illsnr.jpg

1znlcvt.jpg

Notice the bolt hold open tab is filed so its flush with the receiver when its engaged

23m4qyx.jpg

Bros

14wabfc.jpg

Edited by jamesavery22
  • Like 1
Whats a receiver stub? I used the pic thats floating around that has all the measurements. Just masking taped up the end and drew out the measurements.

Some times when you buy the folding stock with trunnion hardware its still attached to the cut receiver stub. Good build

No, You did NOT crush the trunnion rivets with a chinese C clamp..........did you?????

I'm going to be doing the same thing soon. I'm been looking for another latch, I'd prefer to buy one, but at least I can see that one can be made.

Very good build, congratulations

The folder did come off a hacked receiver stub. So had to de-rivet the stock trunnion and the trunnion that came with the folder. Not too fun.

Yeah used a cheap hacked up c-clamp, same one I used for my iz-132.

I was going to buy a latch but even a 2nd hand one was $70. Took a few days but I already had the aluminum so cost will close to nil :)

The square hole & pin hole are the same size & dimensions as stock. Just made the latch go far enough back so you dont have to hack the stock to fit. I followed a lot of sKott's conversion and saw that was one of the problems.

edit:

what solvent do people use to get the lead out of the barrel? After putting some sluggers through there was a decent amount of build up. After a few hours of cleaning there is still some left. I dont have any solvents though so just a brass brush and some rags. Has to be an easier way... Any suggestions?

Edited by jamesavery22
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Awesome job there, James! Great writeup and is a tribute to those of us who are brave enough to do our own conversions. Wish I could do that style conversion here in NY! Congrats and have fun with it. I like the full stock on it.

nyclu3

The folder did come off a hacked receiver stub. So had to de-rivet the stock trunnion and the trunnion that came with the folder. Not too fun.

Yeah used a cheap hacked up c-clamp, same one I used for my iz-132.

I was going to buy a latch but even a 2nd hand one was $70. Took a few days but I already had the aluminum so cost will close to nil :)

The square hole & pin hole are the same size & dimensions as stock. Just made the latch go far enough back so you dont have to hack the stock to fit. I followed a lot of sKott's conversion and saw that was one of the problems.

edit:

what solvent do people use to get the lead out of the barrel? After putting some sluggers through there was a decent amount of build up. After a few hours of cleaning there is still some left. I dont have any solvents though so just a brass brush and some rags. Has to be an easier way... Any suggestions?

The electric drill that Cobra suggest's work's well. But if you don't want to do that, get a tornado brush (google it) it work's great with your favorite solvent/cleaner or whatever. Great job!!

Edited by double