Magpul AR-15 mags vs. Galil Orlites

Just a few preliminary observations (no time right now to post photos, maybe later), but has anyone noticed:

1) The followers on the superb Magpul PMAGs ( http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?ma...products_id=268 ) kind of remind me of the Galil Orlite followers. Obviously, Magpul did not use their ultra-reliable 'anti-tilt AR-15' followers which fit US milspec mags - maybe there was a reason for that. Or maybe not.

2) The PMAG magazine floor plates (same link) kind of remind me of the Galil Orlite floor plates. Obviously, they did not use US milspec floor plates - maybe there was a reason for that. Or maybe not.

3) Etc...

I know for a fact that some extremely knowledgeable individuals (IIRC - http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm ) do NOT view Galil Orlites as God's gift to mag design. Which makes the similarities, if any, just kind of spooky...

Looks to me (without being willing to attack a part I don't currently have a replacement for) like the PMAG follower is an exact US-made 'compliance' replacement for the Galil Orlite follower, if you just chop off the 'tail' (which IIRC is only needed to activate the BHO [that's the AR-15 'bolt hold open,' NOT 'Burak Husane Obama'] ). I'll contact Magpul & see if they will sell PMAG followers...

I have a collection of the Magpul .223 magazines, and couldn't be happier with them. I recently bought a few Orlite magazines, but I have not tried them out yet. The only thing I can say is on the Orlite mags, I can push the down on the follower unevenly and it will stick. The magpul PMags have the "self leveling followers". Other than that, they seem well built to me.

You can buy the Magpul self leveling followers on their website.

Magpul self leveling followers

I do not know if they will fit in the Orlite, never thought to try before seeing this thread. I may try removing a follower from a PMag and put it in an Orlite and see if it works.

One small observation on the Pmag....... While developing the adapter we have come across a small issue with Pmags, the follower can cause a FTF issue. Seems the dummy round leading edge causes the bolt to dent the round. If this is used, we suggest rounding out the follower a bit to alleviate the issue.

One small observation on the Pmag....... While developing the adapter we have come across a small issue with Pmags, the follower can cause a FTF issue. Seems the dummy round leading edge causes the bolt to dent the round. If this is used, we suggest rounding out the follower a bit to alleviate the issue.

Is the "leading edge" at the aft end of the follower, or the left side (looking down the barrel with the rifle shouldered)? I had noticed that the 'dummy round' on the PMAG follower was more squared-off on the left than the Orlite follower, but figured it might only be an issue in regards to feeding the last round out of the mag.

Thanks for your real-world input, Sir! Definitely appreciate it! Better to avoid problems up front...