Got my Surefire Saiga 12, 13rd mags from CSS...

WOW THATS BIG!!!

All you need is a rubber foot and that would make a great monopod!

How does it function compared to the AGP? I notice it has no metal lips... Any issues?

I wonder if it could be cut down smaller to go through a standard width doorway for home defense? (8 to 10 rnds maybe)

I'm interested...

WOW THATS BIG!!!

All you need is a rubber foot and that would make a great monopod!

How does it function compared to the AGP? I notice it has no metal lips... Any issues?

I wonder if it could be cut down smaller to go through a standard width doorway for home defense? (8 to 10 rnds maybe)

I'm interested...

I won't know about function until I get out to the range. Probably within the week. Greg from CSS says they work great, so for now I'll have to take his word for it.

I believe they are designed to be cut down to shorter lengths if you like. The mag body has ribs to engage the floor plate all along its length, so you'd just cut along one of those.

HOLY MOLY! Looks huge and bad a.. lol, how does the gun feel in your hands now with a loaded mag? balanced? seems like it might take some getting used too??

I ordered two from CSS also...just out of curiosity when did you place your order?

Thanks for the comparison pics by the way ;)

HOLY MOLY! Looks huge and bad a.. lol, how does the gun feel in your hands now with a loaded mag? balanced? seems like it might take some getting used too??

I ordered two from CSS also...just out of curiosity when did you place your order?

The balance doesn't seem any different than with the AGP 10rd mags. Visually it's a bit shocking, but it's 13 rounds! Who needs a drum? :devil:

Re: When did I order -- I don't remember exactly, but it was about 2 weeks before Christmas, and it was understood that these were just preorders. It appears CSS is cranking through the order backlog quickly.

Edited by Brotherjethro

I'm with you...although I think the drum has it's place a couple 13 rd mags will pretty much do it for me :smoke:

Yeah I pre-ordered about 10 days ago...Just wanted to have an idea where he was at. Can't wait to get mine ;)

The balance doesn't seem any different than with the AGP 10rd mags. Visually it's a bit shocking, but it's 13 rounds! Who needs a drum? :devil:

Re: When did I order -- I don't remember exactly, but it was about 2 weeks before Christmas, and it was understood that these were just preorders. It appears CSS is cranking through the order backlog quickly.

If you were to shorten one significantly (like, to 8 rds), does the company make any mention of trimming the spring? I would expect it to fatigue faster being under more than normal compression, even when empty.

The option of making my choice of capacity (wonderful idea) is what I find most appealing about these things, as long as it will feed reliably for years to come.......the AGPs are great, but even they are a bit too long for my needs. I wouldn't be able to show my face in public toting one of these things around, at least in stock form. It is the stick mag equivalent to the Alliance 30 round drum - (only in appearance, of course - I hear a piece of downspout with a slinky inside would be the equivalent in function).

Edited by DMGunn

To each his own I guess...

I don't really give a rat's ass what other people think. If I've got 13 rds at my disposal....then I've got 13 rds....period. I have factory 2 rdrs, 5 rdrs, 8 rdrs, +2 extensions that will work on all of them... AGP 10's, MD-20's, hell even a 20 round WM tampon dispensor :lolol:

I think they are awesome....but then again, I actually have tried them and know they don't feel that much different really in the weapon.

Just got my care package from CSS. In it was my 4 12rd. mags and some other goodies!:)

These mags are definitely HUGE, but not obtrusive in my opinon. It might sound a little off, but when you're looking at the gun it almost reminds me of Falcon wings being down under the body. I'm looking at the chopping points and it looks like you can cut it down to 10rds, 8rds, 5 rds, or 2 (or 3) rds.

I'm not sure how others are able to do it, but I couldn't get my mag in with a closed bolt with 12 or 13 rounds. I'm assuming the rest of yall are using the BHO, inserting the mag, pressing down on the top-most round, and then letting the bolt slide closed....sound about right? That's how I did it, but yeah definitely holds 13rds. with no problem!

Thanks Greg! Hell of a guy!:)

-Emt1581

Just got my care package from CSS. In it was my 4 12rd. mags and some other goodies!:)

These mags are definitely HUGE, but not obtrusive in my opinon. It might sound a little off, but when you're looking at the gun it almost reminds me of Falcon wings being down under the body. I'm looking at the chopping points and it looks like you can cut it down to 10rds, 8rds, 5 rds, or 2 (or 3) rds.

I'm not sure how others are able to do it, but I couldn't get my mag in with a closed bolt with 12 or 13 rounds. I'm assuming the rest of yall are using the BHO, inserting the mag, pressing down on the top-most round, and then letting the bolt slide closed....sound about right? That's how I did it, but yeah definitely holds 13rds. with no problem!

Thanks Greg! Hell of a guy!:)

-Emt1581

Congrats guys. I'm still waiting for my email, but at least I've got 4 AGP mags to empty at our new years blast.

As for loading on a closed bolt, it's tricky with any mag loaded at any capacity. As long as the mag still has some spring to compress when fully loaded you should be able to jam the front of the mag in hard enough for the bolt to shove the rounds down in the mag a little and get the front hook to catch, then rock it back fast.

I practiced it with 3" shells in an AGP and got it in a few times but the number of failed tries was far greater. I found it so much easier to just reach under the gun and pull the bolt open with my left hand and flick the BHO up with my trigger finger. I don't compete so I don't really need to speed load. I just wanted to be comfortable doing a mag swap with the gun still on target in the event of zombie, squirrel, or bird attacks.

<edit> I got an shiping info email as I was typing this post. HA! :D

Edited by hobbyshooter
I ordered mine on 12/14, hopefully I'll be getting a shipping email soon!!!

Since 12/24/08 we have sent out several hundred mags. We have been receiving 100 every 3 days or so. All orders placed up to 12/10/08 have shipped. The next shipment is expected on Monday 1/5/09 and we will be able to ship all orders placed from 12/10/08 and most of 12/11/08.

Production will start moving much faster with the holidays over and the shipment sizes will increase. We will start catching up quickly on all pre-orders after next week.

I am going to extend the $47.95 pre-order price until every pre-order is filled. We had originally planned on being caught up by the 1/1/09, but the first shipments had been delayed a few weeks.

You can still pre-order them for $47.95 for a little while if you do not mind waiting a few weeks for them to ship to you. Once we are caught up they will be $49.95.

Shipping is by Priority USPS. They are the quickest. We charge $7 for the first magazine and around $1 for each additional.

We really appreciate everyone's business and I always try to return email's and phone calls as soon as possible. Email's and PM's are still the easiest way to catch me.

Thanks again,

Greg

I ordered mine on 12/14, hopefully I'll be getting a shipping email soon!!!

Since 12/24/08 we have sent out several hundred mags. We have been receiving 100 every 3 days or so. All orders placed up to 12/10/08 have shipped. The next shipment is expected on Monday 1/5/09 and we will be able to ship all orders placed from 12/10/08 and most of 12/11/08.

Production will start moving much faster with the holidays over and the shipment sizes will increase. We will start catching up quickly on all pre-orders after next week.

I am going to extend the $47.95 pre-order price until every pre-order is filled. We had originally planned on being caught up by the 1/1/09, but the first shipments had been delayed a few weeks.

You can still pre-order them for $47.95 for a little while if you do not mind waiting a few weeks for them to ship to you. Once we are caught up they will be $49.95.

Shipping is by Priority USPS. They are the quickest. We charge $7 for the first magazine and around $1 for each additional.

We really appreciate everyone's business and I always try to return email's and phone calls as soon as possible. Email's and PM's are still the easiest way to catch me.

Thanks again,

Greg

what if you were a dumb ass and made 2 different orders :cryss: oh well ill get mine when they show up