Servo77 just backed out of a swap plus cash trade deal with me.  Be ver-r-ry careful with this guy.  He does not follow through.

maybe it wasn't a good deal for him. unless he screwed you, or stole from you. backing out of a deal doesn't make him all that bad. just flighty...lol

servo77 is a good guy.

i backed out of a 7.62 deal with him. i don't have the cash right now. but i will buy off him. So more info man.

What happened????

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Short version: Emails back and forth over several days to establish details of the two rifles involved and the amount of cash from me to him. We are in the same state, so no shipping or FFL transfers are necessary. We will do a face-to-face trade. I call and we set up the date (this coming Saturday) and place for exchange. I am to call one more time Thursday to finalize the time of the meet. Today he E-mails that the deal is off. This is simply too late in the wheeling and dealing game. I was taught that when you make a commitment you follow through with it. I've made deals that weren't 'good' for me and then realized that before the transaction was completed. I still followed through because I had given my word. That means something to me. Evidently it doesn't mean that much to Servo77. That's why I posted the heads up. Oh, and to describe him as flighty is a severe understatement.

Short version: Emails back and forth over several days to establish details of the two rifles involved and the amount of cash from me to him.  We are in the same state, so no shipping or FFL transfers are necessary.  We will do a face-to-face trade.  I call and we set up the date (this coming Saturday) and place for exchange.  I am to call one more time Thursday to finalize the time of the meet.  Today he E-mails that the deal is off.  This is simply too late in the wheeling and dealing game.  I was taught that when you make a commitment you follow through with it.  I've made deals that weren't 'good' for me and then realized that before the transaction was completed.  I still followed through because I had given my word.  That means something to me.  Evidently it doesn't mean that much to Servo77.  That's why I posted the heads up.  Oh, and to describe him as flighty is a severe understatement.

Whoa...hodl the phone. Maybe you should give everyone the reason I backed out. I was meeting this guy quite a good ways from were I live...only because I had to go there on business. I sent him a very polite email explaining that because of a change in plans I will not be able to meet him there this weekend and it would be awhile before i could. I had another gentleman who emailed me BEFORe this guy and was offering cash, so I made arrangements with him. I cannot afford to hold the gun for another 2 weeks. Yeah, we are in the same state, but it would be VERY difficult for me to just make a 2+ hour trek just for a gun swap.

Golly, I didn't rip you off or anything, I just had a change of circumstance and even offered to hook you up with another .308 for sale locally from a dealer.

Thanx dodgeturbointercepter for vouching. Some people are WAY to quick n the trigger to cry foul. I sell a lot of musical equipment on the internet (my other hobby :)) and if I had a quarter for evertime someone backed out on a deal for similar reasons, I would not have to sell ANY gun :P. It happens. People have lives to live. No big deal. Now if somebody paid for something that wasn't delivered.....that is different.

Sorry about the inconvience bruce, but there is not much I can do :(. Its not that the deal is not "good" for me...its that I physically will not be able to meet at the location in order to do it.

Edited by Servo77

i agree, he should have been clearer that it wasnt a doen deal at that point, and had something else in the workings. I hear ya PM. a deal is a deal. no money was exchanged, so its all good.

servo: you need to be clearer with what is going on if its up in the air and "first chance i can i have to sell it" when you offer things up for sale like that. this is what will happen.

now as rodney king so eloquently put it

"cant we all just get along?" *sniffle sniffle* :)

Yeah. Right. I also had offered straight out cash at the same time I offered the .223 or a 7.62x39. He chose the .223 swap. I'm officially a dinosaur. In my world a deal's a deal. Semper fi, Dodge.

Dude, let it go. Yeah, you did offer cash, or the .223. I still want the .223, but I AM UNABLE TO BE AT THE LOCATION TO MAKE A DEAL....end of story. I cannot alter what has happened to change my plans and I am not going into a discussion of my personal business on an internet forum.

I can't be there for the deal. Soemthing more important then a gun has come up in my life and it needs dealt with. I had another buyer who talked to me before you who I decided to sell it to because I don't have to drive anywhere.

I repeat, I cannot make it to where we need to meet! How can we do the deal if I cannot be there?!? I even offered to square away with you on another .308 so you get your gun still (there is one more setting at the local dealer). In my world, people treat people with common courtesy and are a little more understanding. I wish I could spell it out for you the personal matters that require my more immeadiate attention, but I can't. I went ahead and sold to another because I can't afford to just leave the gun lying around and possibly lose out all together. I have had that happen before on other deals. It goes something like

me "OK, I hold it for you and two weeks later we'll hook up"

other "OK, sounds good"

2 weeks later

me "OK, you wanna hook up for the deal

other "I will have to pass. While I was waiting I found another at a good priceand bought it. Good luck selling it..."

That is the kinda crap that has happened to me when I've held something for someone. I reapeat...I CANNOT MEET YOU THIS WEEKEND. Therefore I chose plan B because I do not want to deal with the above senario, which regardless of what you say, could happen. I don't know you from adam, so I hope you can understand.

Enough of this....Its just stupid at this point. :eek:

i agree, he should have been clearer that it wasnt a doen deal at that point, and had something else in the workings. I hear ya PM. a deal is a deal. no money was exchanged, so its all good.

servo: you need to be clearer with what is going on if its up in the air and "first chance i can i have to sell it" when you offer things up for sale like that. this is what will happen.

now as rodney king so eloquently put it

"cant we all just get along?" *sniffle sniffle* :)

bvamp....something came up that is a personal matter. I cannot meet him. I did explain this in my email. I also explained in the above post a senario Ithat has happened to me that I was trying to avoid. I was clear and until this weekend, things were OK for the deal. I am just trying to protecct my side of it.

Look, I don't like it any better then the next guy, but this is just stupid. No one was hurt and I even offered to help this guy accquire another .308. Gosh, what else do I have to do?

Edited by Servo77

Did somebody die? Did I miss something?

I've got 15 guns for sale on another board, more coming up. In the last three weeks i've had several people back out of a commitment. Even though I too grew up with "your word is your bond", this just ain't the same! New Age, Age of the Internet, 21st century, whatever.

Look at it this way, keep going the way you are and your going to have a gun and an ulcer :cryss:

Did somebody die? Did I miss something?

I've got 15 guns for sale on another board, more coming up. In the last three weeks i've had several people back out of a commitment. Even though I too grew up with "your word is your bond", this just ain't the same! New Age, Age of the Internet, 21st century, whatever.

Look at it this way, keep going the way you are and your going to have a gun and an ulcer :cryss:

I didn't back out of a commitment for the sake of backing out. People need to understand something that I have stated before....something is going on in my personal life that prohibits me from meeting saturday. I don't trust anyone on the internet (i have been burned more times then I care to mention) to wait two weeks and then we'll hook up. Everytime I do something like that, the other party finds another deal and goes ahead with it and I am screwed. I have explained this already. I want his gun, he wants mine, but I cannot meet for the deal. There are somethings in life that are priorities and with the situation I am facing, a gun deal is NOT a priority over it. That said, I am not gonna sit around a few weeks and hop he still wants it then....I've been burned too many times to do that. Sorry guys, but this was unnecessary. It was no big deal. I emailed PM as SOON AS I KNEW I COULDN'T meet. That was courtesy....I didn't wait til later in the week and then dump the news on him.

PM....I definitely want/wanted to do the deal...but I can't. I cannot go into any detail about the circumstances related to why I cannot meet you, but let's just say that it is family related and that is a priority. All I asked for was some understanding and courtesy....instead you come in here talking about how "bad" I am. I cannot help what has happened....just please understand that.

OK...the horse is officially dead.....let's not beat him anymore :).

Edited by Servo77
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.