Saiga Conversion that ANYONE can do for $82.48

Good job!

I get sick of seeing people come on here and using the excuse of money to fail to do the conversion correctly. However, all of those Tapco parts could be bought from our own vendors.

Good job!

However, all of those Tapco parts could be bought from our own vendors.

True, but not everyone can afford to pay the extra $30 that it would cost to support this forums venders. Those that can may find it rewarding to do so, but this post was geared toward people who need the absolute cheapest solution.

Edited by Pathfind3r
Mine cost me $150 but $50 of it was for a gunsmith. I could have done the conversion myself but for $50, why ???

e

Because it is easy, and very rewarding. But to each his own.

I know it is done right and I like to support local business' ............... Also had him change the gas piston because I saw it was tricky to do without breaking something ....

Edited by Lakedweller
I know it is done right and I like to support local business' ...............

It is easy for anyone to "do right". Like I said, some people cannot afford (or do not choose to) support local business... this thread is made for those people. For some people, the extra $30+ in parts and $50+ labor may be the reason they cannot do the conversion. To each his own...

Everything is a tradeoff, time.. cost.. quality.. ect.. this is for a cheap basic conversion that works.. not the top of the line spotness pro-job.

Thanks for your input.

I know it is done right and I like to support local business' ...............

It is easy for anyone to "do right". Like I said, some people cannot afford (or do not choose to) support local business... this thread is made for those people. For some people, the extra $30+ in parts and $50+ labor may be the reason they cannot do the conversion. To each his own...

Everything is a tradeoff, time.. cost.. quality.. ect.. this is for a cheap basic conversion that works.. not the top of the line spotness pro-job.

Thanks for your input.

Really good post. Dosen't the stock pin spring sit on one of the rivets for the factory trigger assembly? Did you have to modify it?

Not easy for XBOX360 ....... and a few others on this site ........

I COULD have done the conversion but I did not want to take a chance with the Gas Piston ........

I didn't take any chances at all. I just bought some parts and followed the simple high quality video instructions that is very detailed. If anyone is thinking they can't do this for any reason, please post your concerns here and I might can help. Please post a picture of the problem if possible as well.

I will reiterate, this process is very easy and you are not going to damage your rifle by doing it. I had no previous experience in this type of thing, and the hardest part for me was deciding to do it.

Just to be 100% clear: Lakedweller was reffering to conversion changes different than the ones presented in this topic: Doing the conversion described here poses NO RISK to your gas piston.

Edited by Pathfind3r
Really good post. Dosen't the stock pin spring sit on one of the rivets for the factory trigger assembly? Did you have to modify it?

Excellent point. What I did is put the original rivit back in. It fits in there VERY snug because of the mangled end from taking it out. I looked at both of my removed rivits and use the one that was the hardest to put back in. If neither fit tight, and it is not long enough for some reason that you can mangle the end a little, you can just pick up a "connector screw" from any hardware store for about a dollar that will replace the rivit. I think using the chisel instead of the drill method to remove the rivits will guarantee that it is long enough to put back in snuggly.

It is not necesary, but eventually I will replace it with an AK-retainer plate and plug those holes with nylon hole plugs (Home Depot, $0.40 for two. They only had them in white at mine so I will be looking at other hardware stores and post where I get them).

Edited by Pathfind3r