Chaos Steel 8rd box mag!

No longer just talk, we are well into the die manufacturing of this large and expensive project. Chaos doesn't just want to manufacture cool saiga products, but dominate the look, feel and functionality of our beloved S12. This is a project I can not rush because top quality is the main factor here. Chaos will be manufacturing a very impressive magwell lockup for these all steel mags. We are holding very close the original AK 47 military made grade steel mags. Once we have all the tooling made and are hitting parts I will be able to give first order dates. At some point Chaos will take pre-orders but not yet.

The cost: we are projecting these to hit the market around $52-$58 ea. The magwell around $100

Just a taste, this is close but not the final product. We will be posting updates as we go. As some of you may have notice, I haven't been on the forum much, this is way, this entire project is being done in house by Chaos, mag design, die designs, die builds, the works!

8rdboxmagrendering1.jpg8rdboxmagrendering2.jpg8rdboxmagrendering3.jpg8rdboxmagrendering4.jpg

• Like 3

No longer just talk, we are well into the die manufacturing of this large and expensive project. Chaos doesn't just want to manufacture cool saiga products, but dominate the look, feel and functionality of our beloved S12. This is a project I can not rush because top quality is the main factor here. Chaos will be manufacturing a very impressive magwell lockup for these all steel mags. We are holding very close the original AK 47 military made grade steel mags. Once we have all the tooling made and are hitting parts I will be able to give first order dates. At some point Chaos will take pre-orders but not yet.

The cost: we are projecting these to hit the market around $52-$58 ea. The magwell around $100

Just a taste, this is close but not the final product. We will be posting updates as we go. As some of you may have notice, I haven't been on the forum much, this is way, this entire project is being done in house by Chaos, mag design, die designs, die builds, the works!

8rdboxmagrendering1.jpg8rdboxmagrendering2.jpg8rdboxmagrendering3.jpg8rdboxmagrendering4.jpg

Looking forward to these! I take it the magwell is required for these mags?

• Like 2

Looking forward to these! I take it the magwell is required for these mags?

We are doing a rock and lock version as well. Those for use with a magwell, the magwell will be affixed to the weapon.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be the tremendous answer to the S12 old question. What mag will stand up to the test of abuse, time and combat conditions. Wile still being compact and realistic to carry 6 of them on body. All i hope is the zombie apocalypse comes after the field testing of my 1st batch i order. No rush though, im very excited about this project but it wont be as easy as a plastic mold, with all the different depth magwells. Id plan to sell alot of these if they work as well as planed. Good Luck Cam, and PS: put me down for 6 rock n locks. :super:

• Like 1

It would be nice if you extended the back edge out like an AR-15 magazine and incorporate a LRBHO provision in the magazine.

That's the biggest problem with the LRBHO in the S-12. The mags are not set up to activate a LRBHO. Only the new style 8 round Russian mags, that work with the Russian magwell, have the LRBHO provision in them.

Tony

• Like 5

Oh man, these sound sweet. I feel very conflicted though, as awesome as a steel mag and magwell sound, I'm guessing that would conflict with the as of yet unreleased MDoublestacks. That's smart to make two versions though, I think I'll have to at least get some sweet steel rock n' locks. There's so many awesome new products coming out for the S12, my conversion plans are getting even more complicated and difficult.

Edit: This is probably just wishful thinking, but I don't suppose you've coordinated with Mike Davidson and your steel mags would work with his forthcoming magwell, or visa versa? Also, have you thought about making and different size steel mags(ie 5 or 10rd)? Mmm, but then 8rd mags are a great and badly needed Goldilocks size: not too big, not too small, but juuuuussst right! A high quality US 8rd steel S12 mag is a beautiful thing, hell yeah!

Edited by GuyFoX
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It would be nice if you extended the back edge out like an AR-15 magazine and incorporate a LRBHO provision in the magazine.

That's the biggest problem with the LRBHO in the S-12. The mags are not set up to activate a LRBHO. Only the new style 8 round Russian mags, that work with the Russian magwell, have the LRBHO provision in them.

Tony

Tony has a great point and with the tab a last round bolt hold open would be quite simple to design.

Edited by macgyverhk
  • Like 1

Hey Cameron, like everyone else here I'm looking forward to this mag and the mini-drum very much! I was reading up on them and saw where you said that this steel 8rd mag was the priority, and the drum would follow.

So, I gotta ask... Is that still the plan, and is there any news about when we might be seeing this sweet steel mag?

Also wondering if you are planning on releasing the magwell & rock n' lock versions of this steel mag at the same time?

• Like 1

If rock and lock, will purchase plenty. Those, like myself who have numerous S-12s tend to go with standardized mag style. Have every brand except Promag. Some are good for any situation, others are for range use only. Steel adds durability. :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

I would be in for a load out set for my LBV . Quick mag changes for the 12 will really be nice . I can see now like many of my other toys there will have to be several and in different configurations .Don't know how you are gonna market them but you certainly have my interest .

Personally I think coming out with the rock and lock version first will be the best idea beause most of us already have md drums agp's ,surefire's and promags and if the mag only fits in the magwell I have no interest. I want to be able to keep and use all of my existing mags. That being said its a kickass idea! :super:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...