Muzzle brakes/flash hiders from CSS

I'm asking this not for compliance reason. My rifle is compliant I am not worried about that. I simply want the opinions of those on this board. I have read many conflicting opinions on this.

This is about flash hiders from CSS that snap on and the brakes/flash hiders screw onto this clip. Do they count as a comliance part? I just want to see the views of those here on this. It doesnt change the compliance of my rifle but Im just wondering.(maybe I should just stop wondering lol)

But anyway, from what I have read on the 922r many times, till my eyes bleed, I states "if the barrel is threaded" somthing to that effect not exact words but you get the idea. But some people say the barrel itself has to be threaded not an attachment added to the barrel.

I really could care less as far as compliance goes(like I said I am compliant), just seeing what people here say because frankly I have found more knowledgeable information/people here over other places.

Ok so ill stop rambling. Thoughts? I think its one of those areas that is kinda just grey and up to whoever is interpreting it myself.

hey and who knows this might help somone in the future that needs it.

If you are at a range, or your home or vehicle get's searched by ATF...or whatever....and they find your rifle with a brake or hider attached, they are not going to care whether or not it's pinned on, clipped on, or threaded on. Fact is, it's installed on there and as such, is a countable part.

Same logic can be applied to a "hi cap" mag. It just has to be inserted.

My thoughts exactly, dont think the atf will care what holds it on if its on the rifle. Ive just read so many conflicting 922r stuff its ammazing. Was bored at work wink.gif its interesting to see everyone diff take on things.

ahhhh shit i just said bored....and work together...i better find somthing to do. lol

And just to keep Chevyman from getting further bored - The "I have a threaded barrel" lengthy thread does raise a question. Saiga Sporter shotguns are either choke threaded (counting 14 import parts), or not choke threaded (counting 13 import parts). Saiga Sporter rifles are listed as 14 imported parts, assuming there are no threads cut on the barrel. The threaded (as mine is) have a sleeve covering the threads, so still equals 14 or 15 parts? I have to assume (dangerous word) being threaded and exposed, my Saiga actually has 15 imported parts. I could inadvertantly be out of compliance, through no action on my part. No problem to correct, just another factor to be aware of.

Do keep in mind that breaks are acceptable 922r parts, however flash hiders are not.

The slits on a break run perpendicular to the barrel. Those on a flash hider run parallel to the barrel.

This is whats funny to me, on one hand they say ok muzzle breaks acceptable to count. Yet flash hiders are not, because..who knows why.

Do you actually know why the reason for that is? Because I have been told this before just never asked why. Other than the fact that you descriced already.

Oh another thing I have wondered in the past. My muzzle device is made in the US by DPH yet it is not stamped made in USA. hrmmm I could see that being very complicated for me if the right person wanted to make an issue of it.

Edited by chevyman097