Saiga 12 Conversion in NY

Being from NY the traditional Saiga 12 Conversion is not an option for me being that the law in NY is as follows:

To be an assault weapon and therefore illegal in NY state, the shotgun must be:

1. Semiautomatic

2. Manufactured after September 14, 1994

3. Has two or more of the following:

Telescoping or folding stock

Pistol grip

a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds

an ability to accept a detachable magazine

Since the Saiga accepts detachable magazines I cannot have a pistol grip. Therefore I believe my only conversion choice would be to put on a skeleton stock. Anyone in NY have a converted saiga 12 that could give me some info or put up some pictures?

Anyone have a suggestion for a thumbhole/ skeleton stock that will work on a converted saiga 12. The only ones I can seem to find are for unconverted guns.

The Choate stocks are about the highest quality units that I am aware of and they don't have to be modified to fit. Some people like the Bulgarian SLR-95 stock, but it has to be modified. ATI has a Dragunov style stock that is pretty good too. All of these will work for restored Saigas, but the SLR stock needs quite a bit of work.... looks nice though.

<Link Removed>

This site has the ATI and the Choate.

Edited by Nailbomb
Link to Non-Buisness Member Removed.

this is what I have...I don't know the manufacture but the finish is very close to bulgarian.

sucks that we have these STUPID rules...but we must abide.

001-29.jpg

I have only seen those for individual sale at one site. Other than that, all I have seen or heard of came on a rifle. Those do look nice for a thumbhole.

That Bulgarian thumbhole in the last few pictures is exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know where I can get one from or want to sell theirs?

They used to be easily obtainable for about $20, believe it or not. But the remaining supply from the only place that I know of who carried them, was supposedly bought up by a vendor for ban-state-specific conversions. I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed.

Either way, I'm not sure where else to get them :unsure: . Sorry I couldn't help more.

Nope, CGW definitly bought the remaining supply. That has been confirmed.

Vankiller didn't say that the remaining amount was a whole heck of a lot though. He isn't willing to part with a stock unless its in conjunction with a conversion. The good news is however that CGW has been very reasonable on prices for basic conversions and will probably work with you. Might be something to look into.

Nope, CGW definitly bought the remaining supply. That has been confirmed.

Vankiller didn't say that the remaining amount was a whole heck of a lot though. He isn't willing to part with a stock unless its in conjunction with a conversion. The good news is however that CGW has been very reasonable on prices for basic conversions and will probably work with you. Might be something to look into.

Now that I'm reading this from you...........I think I can remember saying the same thing awhile ago, and you coming in and saying it was indeed confirmed. My mind's all over the place this past week.

.......and I agree. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the OP to just look into CGW doing a basic conversion for him.

EDIT: I just hit 7K posts? Holy shit balls.

Edited by -Shooter-