Tritium sight on a S12

I want to put the biggest, fattest, brightest tritium dot possible on my S12 to replace the factory sight.

The factory sight are fine with me, I'd just like to upgrade my gun with a tritium front sight for low light shooting

I'm sure some one else has done this I'm just curious what you used and how you installed it.

Any front sight that clamps on to the barrel is out the window since I'm doing this on a 12" SBS with a stock length gas system.

I didn't have much luck with the search function.

Any ideas or how to tips would be great

thanks

I want to put the biggest, fattest, brightest tritium dot possible on my S12 to replace the factory sight.

The factory sight are fine with me, I'd just like to upgrade my gun with a tritium front sight for low light shooting

I'm sure some one else has done this I'm just curious what you used and how you installed it.

Any front sight that clamps on to the barrel is out the window since I'm doing this on a 12" SBS with a stock length gas system.

thanks

I'm also looking into something like this but in the meantime I stole some of the wife's metallic silver nail polish and I painted my front ball sight with it, the difference is like night and day...

I'm looking for something more along the lines of a bead that replaces my current one and glows in the dark, I figure the gun is dead-on accurate right now as is, why change it?

I view short barrel shotguns as trench/CQB guns so I'd like a good sight on it. I recently bought a Glock with tritium sights and fell in love with tritium sights.

I figure there's a way to remove the front sight and put a bead on instead. I had been thinking about a micro dot but a tritium bead seems like a better option after talking to one of my friends.

thanks

I'm also looking into something like this but in the meantime I stole some of the wife's metallic silver nail polish and I painted my front ball sight with it, the difference is like night and day...

I'm looking for something more along the lines of a bead that replaces my current one and glows in the dark, I figure the gun is dead-on accurate right now as is, why change it?

You can always order luminous paint from a watch maker I found a kit for 50 bucks just tell them you are repairing a watch...lol

Edited by DJ Big Dog

thanks

You can always order luminous paint from a watch maker I found a kit for 50 bucks just tell them you are repairing a watch...lol

That doesn't help much at 0200 when the baddie breaks in and you've got to ask him nicely to hold on while you "charge" your front sight with your mini-mag... :sadam:

I view short barrel shotguns as trench/CQB guns so I'd like a good sight on it. I recently bought a Glock with tritium sights and fell in love with tritium sights.

I figure there's a way to remove the front sight and put a bead on instead. I had been thinking about a micro dot but a tritium bead seems like a better option after talking to one of my friends.

Check out the Tromix HK Tritium front sight. I just installed one for a custom gun client. Excellent!

thanks

There are a lot of possibilities here. I have seen some really excellent applications of tritium sights to S-12s. If Cliff or Keith want to post a picture of the tritium sight they put on my S-12, that is fine with me. I can't get the picture properly posted from my computer. But, I think you will like what Tac 47 did for me. The way they mounted the sight on my S-12 looks unique and nice. It is large, bright and according to Keith, it provides very fast target acquisition. (I am waiting for the finished shotgun to arrive, it should be done any day.) This sight may, however, be too long for your intended use on a SBS.

http://www.sportsman...t.aspx?a=507669

WJ.

Oh, I forgot to add, this S-12 is not camo. (A public service announcement for any Daewoo owning, camo hating, lurkers, who may be out there in cyberspace lol.)

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • Like 1

I'm actually having a tritium front sight added to my S12. Rifle Dynamics has my S12 currently but after having my S12 hit the pavement twice from a moving golf cart the front bead was gone. Jim recommended having the front sight drilled/milled to allow installation of a Big Dot 1911 front sight so that is what I am having done. You could email him about having the work done. With the other work it was something like $60 for the part and $25 for the install if I remember my invoice correctly.

• Like 1

I hadn't though of a 1911 front sight.

I'm pretty sure I can do the work myself if I get the right sight.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

I'm trying to stay away from the HK style sights. I've never been crazy about them, they're cool and all but not my cup of tea.

Edited by Rusty truck

I have the Krebs Custom S12 sights on my shotty, and the front post on this is actually AR-15 style. Very easy to simple change the post out for tritium AR-15 post, which is exactly what I did. Not "big or fat", but tritium and nicely visible in low light... :super:

thanks

Although not a true sight, I have a Trijicon RX30 tritium 6.5 MOA dot on mine. Always on and ready to roll, that's why I chose a tritium optic for HD.

Edited by 690gr

What about the rear dove-tail? Like the OP said, I threw some tricon night sights on my glock and fell in love with them. I can really say that I didnt know what I was missing. But That glock rear sight is about an inch long. It would fit in that saiga-12 dove-tail with some fileing but would look retarded without shaving the sides down.

Does anyone know off hand if there is a pistol, mabey a 1911, that has a rear dove-tail sight that is abnout the same length cross-wise as the saiga-12?

XS doesn't make a Big dot AR sight ir do they?

Try this

Wow...

I wonder if those AK style could be used on dinzag, krebs or the raised russian front sight...

Great link.

AK-Big-Dot-Express2.jpgAK-247.jpg

Then if one could modify a glock's rear nightsights dovetail to fit the S-12, they'd have full nightsights.

My glock's nightsights are still really bright & they're well over 10 years old. :up:

Edited by Paulyski

Does anyone know off hand if there is a pistol, mabey a 1911, that has a rear dove-tail sight that is abnout the same length cross-wise as the saiga-12?

i compared the rear S-12 sight i removed intact to the rear sight on my PT1911 and they look identical, same width, approximately same height and looks like same dovetail. probably not but its very close. i have no doubt now that a 1911 rear sight can be used.

thanks

There are a lot of possibilities here. I have seen some really excellent applications of tritium sights to S-12s. If Cliff or Keith want to post a picture of the tritium sight they put on my S-12, that is fine with me. I can't get the picture properly posted from my computer. But, I think you will like what Tac 47 did for me. The way they mounted the sight on my S-12 looks unique and nice. It is large, bright and according to Keith, it provides very fast target acquisition. (I am waiting for the finished shotgun to arrive, it should be done any day.) This sight may, however, be too long for your intended use on a SBS.

http://www.sportsman...t.aspx?a=507669

WJ.

Oh, I forgot to add, this S-12 is not camo. (A public service announcement for any Daewoo owning, camo hating, lurkers, who may be out there in cyberspace lol.)

WJ

Here you go..

post-16266-0-87601700-1288360474_thumb.jpg

post-16266-0-69707600-1288360492_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have to believe that my forthcoming Tac 47 S-12 does have the biggest, fattest, brightest, tritium sight on the market!

It looks great Cliff and Keith. Excellent job mounting that tritium bad boy on my S-12

Thanks!!!

WJ

I don't know anything about the store "Outdoor Bunker," but their price on the TruGlo tritium shotgun sight, at $69.97 is the lowest I've ever seen for this sight.

http://www.outdoorbu...p/(tru-tg131sg-).htm

"The TruGlo TFO Shotgun Front Sight is the ultimate tactical shotgun sight. TFO is TruGlo's patented combination of Tritium and Fiber Optic Technologies. The Tritium technology keeps the sights brightness level in low-light or no-light conditions. You can see your sight in complete darkness. The Tritium glows and does not need any batteries or to be charged with light.

Features:

The ultimate tactical shotgun sight.

Uses TroGlo's patented TFO technology.

Unbelievable transition through all light conditions.

Glows in the dark.

Uses the brightest tritium available.

CNC-machined construction.

Concealed fiber cannot be seen by target.

Specifications:

Model: TG131SG

TFO: Green"

The Hiviz tactical shotgun front sight is a significantly less expensive alternative. I have it on my Winchester 1300 and it is very nice, although likely not nearly as bright as the TruGlo sight.

http://www.opticspla...ront-sight.html

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

post-16266-0-69707600-1288360492_thumb.jpg

Cool.

How does that install though?

Also, where's the rear??? Or is it just to point & shoot with shot & not for slug accuracy?

Strictly point and shoot--no rear sight. This was going to be a home defense shotgun, done in all black. But, I had an extra od green grip, so I sent it to Keith and Cliff and decided to change the whole color scheme of the gun. So, the final iteration evolved a bit from the home defense "night fighter" concept, but that is okay, as I am a big fan of od green and tan.

As to the mounting, I do not yet have the shotgun, it should be here Monday, so I have to leave that discussion to Keith and Cliff.

WJ

• Like 1