SVD stock / hand guard MA compliant?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=60765 <--- Close option for me. But will have to remove in assachusetts.

I saw an SVD stock some place with a hefty price tag. WAY too much for me. I'm wondering if anyone knows, is that considered a "Pistol grip" ? here in assachusetts we have the same Clinton assault weapon bad in place FOREVER unless it is a "pre ban" dated gun. SO... we are legally required to register any new gun purchased. However, I bought mine in NH and won't bring it into MA. We only have 7 days to register them after purchase date, so I don't know how I'd ever bring it home. But that's another can of worms.

So, my question is, is the SVD style stock legally a pistol grip? I'm quite happy with the trigger performance out of the box. I mean... its a shotgun, I'm not making 500 yard groupings with it. so I don't care about that part of the conversion. The SVD style would fit the bill for me, leaving the factory trigger location and getting a pistol grip style stock hopefully legal in MA.

ALSO: Is the SVD a simple swap or would I have to start cutting stuff? I'm considering fabricating my own.

Thanks for any help.