Finally some photos

Hey y'all

Finally got myself a digital camera, and it's time to share!

post-1827-1119991559_thumb.jpg

Full Profile

post-1827-1119564649.jpg

Custom mag speed release

post-1827-1119564695_thumb.jpg

Another look at the trigger guard

post-1827-1119564724.jpg

Custom butt pad

Did some work on the forend to match the look of the SAW pistol grip, and sprayed both the forend and PG with this rubber spray stuff. Works awesome, feels almost like nearly dried spraypaint, very grippy.

The butt pad is a life saver, er, shoulder saver...I can shoot this thing all day long and never feel it.

The speed release is something I just finished, it works awesome! Just push your finger forward and the mag's out, all without moving your hand from the PG. It really helps quite a bit, especially with this trigger guard. It would be a wonderful addition to anyone's Saiga, hint hint...If anyone's interested, drop me a line, as I would want to guage interest before producing many of them.

Waddiya think?

Jeric

Edited by Jeric
hi there

your pictures look great,  actually totally radical

yes, id buy one of the mag releases

weld on?

:)

Thanks bro-

Weld on OR bolt on. They have two holes sized for 8/32 thread button head machine screws. One could either drill/tap the existing lever, bolt it on, drill the lever and use nuts on the back side of the lever, or weld it. I chose to JB Weld this particular one on because it was the first one. If it was funky for some reason, that posed less of an issue removing it. If it ever comes off, it's getting welded back on for good. I prefer the tidiness of the welded joint over the bolts.

Jeric

You should post delivery time and COST as well as specs on the MAG RELEASE levers... THAT is SWEET!!! I like it... doesnt look all gangly and in the way, like others I have seen... that one is very nice!

Excellent work, Jeric!!!

:smoke:

Thanks Indy Arms!

Lead time on the mag releases would be around 3 weeks or so, once I decide it's a good idea to make them. I want to sell them for $20 shipped (CONUS). I need to be able to sell around 20 to make it worth my while. I don't think that will be too tough, so I will very likely have the capital ready within a month.

They will be hardened steel, drilled to accept 8/32 thread machine screws, and will be .067" thick.

The BHO kits, on the other hand, are now ready.

See this link> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6672

Jeric

Edited by Jeric
  • 1 month later...
Cool.  But, I am confused as to why the extended mag release is an improvement.  You have to grab the mag with your left hand anyway, so if you have a thumb. which most of do, how is releasing the mag with your trigger hand any faster?

If you were shooting a match or something you could push that and drop the mag on the ground while grabbing the other mag to load I would guess.