Bolt Hold Open kits are now ready.

They are hardened steel, black powder coated (gloss), and come with a spring.

Kit A is for use with the spring secured by the trigger pin. Comes with what you see in the photo.

post-1827-1119989474_thumb.jpg

KIT A IS $25 SHIPPED (conus)

Kit B is for converted guns only, and uses a threaded cross member between the foremost old trigger axis holes in the receiver. Comes with what you see in the photo.

NOTE: Kit B needs the old holes left in the receiver. If you had your Saiga professionaly converted, these holes may have been welded over and finished. If that is the case, Kit B will not work and you will need Kit A instead.

post-1827-1119989518_thumb.jpg

KIT B IS $30 SHIPPED (conus)

For folks with converted shotguns, I highly recommend Kit B, primarily because of the ease of which you can remove the trigger group without having to deal with putting the BHO spring back in every time. It makes life much easier!

As you can see, the springs are hooked. That hook goes in the little crook on the BHO lever. This, I believe, offers superior reliability over the ones Saiga has sometimes put in their guns. The springs are slightly thicker than Saiga spec as well, (.047" compared to .032") adding to their durability.

A percentage of my sales will be donated back in to this board, and thanks to the owners of this board for providing a great community!

Any questions, please post, otherwise E-mail/PM me. Thanks!

Jeric

Edited by Jeric
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm...They look really different from my factory BHO out of one of my S12s'...Are there some improvements on the design???maybe??..I took mine out because I kept having trouble with it dragging intermittantly when chambering another round...

StarLynx,

By "dragging", do you mean that every once in a while, the bolt carrier catches on the lever as it returns? If so, all I can say with certainty is that has never happened to me with this design. This may also be a result of the spring being placed behind the BHO lever, maybe allowing it to push against the lever, resulting in it getting in the way. The way I have mine is the "kit B" configuration. Works swell.

USP40,

I will have photos taken by Thursday afternoon, and I will post them that evening.

Jeric

Thanks Cobra,

This BHO design was placed in my S-12 when I did the conversion months ago, since then I have put hundreds of rounds through the gun. No issues at all.

As far as pushing the button while I'm firing the last shot in the mag, no, I have not tried that. Maybe for a few reasons...For my big-ass hands, it's not exactly in the right place for me to do this while gripping th PG. Secondly, I suppose I would have been inspired to do this if I had extra mags to try my speed at reloading with! (I know, I'M LAME!) Unless my buddy is here with his S-12, I only have one for now...

But I think I may try this tomorrow...

Jeric

Thanks Indy!

OK.

Here's some photos of the two kits basically installed.

Starting with Kit A:

post-1827-1120224235_thumb.jpg

Can't see too much of the spring as it's hidden behind the BHO lever.

Kit B:

post-1827-1120224252_thumb.jpg

Here you see the spring secured by the spacer placed in the rear of the receiver.

I have some step by step photos that I will assemble into a how-to tutorial. That will probably have to wait until I'm done celebrating our country's independence by blowing up a small piece of it!

Have a happy and safe 4th everyone!

Jeric

Edited by Jeric

HOw do ya get the photos to come out so nice??

Jeez.... when I try to take closeups like that, the flash blinds the image, or if I turn it off, its too dark... Lack of practice I suppose... its gotta be me, as its not a cheap digital camera...

I can take most shots very well with it, though... lol

Lookin good Jeric... VERY clear shots.. if you do a tutorial with images like that, ya cant help but get it right!

:smoke:

I've never seen a BHO in person.The lever sticks out the bottom inside the trigger gaurd right??? How hard are they to install? If its not too difficult I might be interested in one for my shotgun, cause I'm getting parts together for my first conversion right now.

Jeric, I realy love "your" idea of the BHO you're selling on this board! I wonder where you got the idea for it?

I've never seen a BHO in person.The lever sticks out the bottom inside the trigger gaurd right??? How hard are they to install? If its not too difficult I might be interested in one for my shotgun, cause I'm getting parts together for my first conversion right now.

You are correct. They stick out of the bottom of the receiver. Take a look...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=mo...&cmd=si&img=238

In that pic, the BHO is the little silver nub sticking out by the trigger guard.

It is no more difficult to install than doing a pistol grip. You need to cut a hole in the receiver, roughly 1/2" x 1/8". If you have good drill bits and a dremel, you can do it, no problem. Some small needle files will help too.

Jeric

Jaffa Killer,

I suggest the B Kit. It is easier to install and if you need to remove your trigger group for any reason, the spring (and BHO) stays in place. This really makes life easier in the end. Another bonus to having the cross member is it actually rests just on top of the PG nut inside the receiver. This comes in handy if you swap out PGs or need to remove it for some reason, the nut just stays put, so no fumbling around when trying to reattach it.

I'll PM you my address.

Thanks!

Jeric

Yep,

These will fit the 410 (and the 20 too).

As far as dropping these into a Saiga that has the stock hole in the bottom of the receiver, they'll line up perfectly. The only difference between these and the factory BHOs is that Saiga shaved a little material off the area where the hammer sleeve meets the BHO. This gave the factory ones a thickness of .059" in that area, where as mine is the same thickness throughout its entire length, at .085".

All this means, is that you may have to shave a little material off the right side of the hammer sleeve to aquire the correct fit.

Jeric

Thanks Cobra,

This BHO design was placed in my S-12 when I did the conversion months ago, since then I have put hundreds of rounds through the gun. No issues at all.

As far as pushing the button while I'm firing the last shot in the mag, no, I have not tried that. Maybe for a few reasons...For my big-ass hands, it's not exactly in the right place for me to do this while gripping th PG. Secondly, I suppose I would have been inspired to do this if I had extra mags to try my speed at reloading with! (I know, I'M LAME!) Unless my buddy is here with his S-12, I only have one for now...

But I think I may try this tomorrow...

Jeric

Hey man looks like sales are going well. Good job coming out with something we can use. I don't care who thought of it first you are the one who got motivated and made some to sell. :super:

Did you try the BHO for what it's designed for yet? I have been doing it and it works great as a last round BHO if you can remember your round count. That is one thing the competition shooters need to master. The only problem is the damned thing is so small and not so comfortable to push up on. I rounded mine off and took some off the length and now it's better but it still would be more comfy if it had a small tab or something bent out at a right angle. I would like to see you make one like that if it could still be worked down through the slot during assembly. If you had to you could just bend it after installation. For now I'm going to put some kind of rubber pad over it and try that. You know like that stuff you can get to rubber coat your own tool handles and such?

Did you try the BHO for what it's designed for yet? I have been doing it and it works great as a last round BHO if you can remember your round count. That is one thing the competition shooters need to master. The only problem is the damned thing is so small and not so comfortable to push up on.

Yes, I did try, and then I promtly forgot to post....

My big-ass hands just can't get the job done. For me, it just doesn't work right. It did get me thinking however, so who knows, maybe something will come up. I'll add it to the bottom of the growing list!

Perhaps the specific design of this BHO is not perfectly condusive for that purpose, I specifically made the "button" that sticks out of the bottom of the receiver as low-profile as possible to keep it out of the way of your trigger finger. PM me your address, Cobra, I'll send you one to try this out on, seeing you can do it with the one you have, I'd be interested in knowing.

Jeric

Ok... color me interested.  I have a shotty that shipped without a factory BHO.  Could I dremel a hole in the reciever to handle this thing?  Has anybody tried it?

Rusty,

Yes, in fact, using a dremel makes the job much easier. I suggest drilling 1/8" holes first, then removing excess material with the dremel, and finishing with a needle file. Not at all hard to do, especially with the right tools.

Printed instructions are included with these kits, and I am working on a tutorial that I will post in this forum, although I need to finish other things first...

Jeric