10 Round - 2 3/4" Magazine - $32

Thanks guys!

JAFF - if you got two 10 rounders, lay 'em over top of each other & see what it looks like. Maybe take a pic...You would probably knock your targets over without shooting!

Edited by dinzag

Dinzag. There's NO WAY I'm gonna cut up my 10 shooters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I know it would be huge.But just think about it,a 20round semi-auto 410 shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thinkin bout getting some four shot mags and splicing 'em to make some ten rounders.Then if those work,I might try a 20.

DINZAG, Looks like we all want some more capacity???. I'll add just a bit to your excellent post. The 2 mags I cut were not the same diamentions internally,(thick on one end & thin on the other) it was critical to align both pieces and "Tack" them as you sugested & make sure the follower slides easy. I thought the spring was a little short but no problem... I had a damaged AK 20 round clip... the spring "snaps" right in and without cutting and the mag still holds 10 rounds and feeds with authority. I have not found the 20x76 mags able to feed the 2 3/4 " shells(even w/the follower turned) reliably and have not had any problems with the 70mm mags. Looks like "TANTEL" will be out of the 70mm mags soon? mikey1

Edited by mikey1

mikey1,

On flipping the follower on the 76mm mags...Mine works, but now that I have some 2 3/4" 10 rounders, I flipped it back. If I ever want (or find) 3" ammo, I have a 5 rounder that will work.

Yeah, I think Tantal is out of 2 3/4" mags now. (as far as anyone else knows) :rolleyes:

They'll have to wait & order through the new importer now...

Edited by dinzag
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, you could make a 15rd mag by adding another, and a 20rd by adding another. Hell you could make a 100 round mag by adding more mags and no longer need a benchrest to pattern!

I just went up to compare- a 10rounder will be an inch or so longer than an AK74 mag, and a 15rd mag would be close in length to a 40 rd 7.62 AK mag. I vote use 3 and fire 15!!!

You know, you could make a 15rd mag by adding another, and a 20rd by adding another. Hell you could make a 100 round mag by adding more mags and no longer need a benchrest to pattern!

I just went up to compare- a 10rounder will be an inch or so longer than an AK74 mag, and a 15rd mag would be close in length to a 40 rd 7.62 AK mag. I vote use 3 and fire 15!!!

Maybe I'll give that a shot here pretty soon. Don't know about the spring, but if one was to shrink wrap 2 springs together...it would probably work. Need to order some more donor mags.

Edited by dinzag

Yeah, the length of a 30 rounder ak spring should be good. I just have a bunch of extra springs left over from hacking up the mags for my 10 rounders so it would be nice to find a use for 'em.

Although I'm not too sure of the legality of them...

Edited by dinzag
  • 2 months later...
For real.  If the new importer has decent prices, high cap mags could be only $40 bucks or so.  That's not bad at all.  Will it work for the S12 5-rounders?  Any ideas anyone?

"Many thanks to forum member WAKAL for the idea. He posted a thread in the 12 gauge section about doing the same awhile back."

from the first post in this thread :rolleyes:

If anyone is chopping up a 5rd S12 mags to do this,

do you have a left over follower?

I need one. I just bout a S12 and the mag that came with it has been fucked with so i need another follower to fix it.

Anyone have an extra follower???????

oak

You could also cut the magazine as shown above and make a center section from fiberglass and glue the upper and lower magzine halves to the fiberglass center section to have extended magazines. If you mess up you'll destroy a good magazine but if you succeed you'll have two higher capacity magazines.

OK dinzag the operating table in the laboritory is ready, the lightning impulse magnifier is hooked up to the rectifier modulator and charging, and I'm all I'm waiting on is Igor to bring me the unobtainium...

edit to add: Hopefully my FFL holder will call today and tell me to come and pick up the test module!!

:super:

More to come later... :smoke:

Edited by Cobra 76 two
  • 1 year later...

This one's deserving of some serious bump...

I did Danzig's 9 and 2 round cut and reweld mods and it performed flawlessly at the range today. Drew some significant oogling from the peanut gallery, not bad for a $230 gun and about three hours of time for a conversion and mag weld job.

The 3 in mag was occasionally stuffing the first or second round against the top of the chamber. Is this type of behavior what the wedges would fix??? The stock 3 in mag did the same thing, so it really didn't have anything to do to the conversion.

This one's deserving of some serious bump...

I did Danzig's 9 and 2 round cut and reweld mods and it performed flawlessly at the range today. Drew some significant oogling from the peanut gallery, not bad for a $230 gun and about three hours of time for a conversion and mag weld job.

The 3 in mag was occasionally stuffing the first or second round against the top of the chamber. Is this type of behavior what the wedges would fix??? The stock 3 in mag did the same thing, so it really didn't have anything to do to the conversion.

Yep, wedgies will fix it...

• 2 years later...
I'll give you much more than $32 for one of these bad boys. Were can i get one?

This thread is nearly 4 years old.

If you want a 10 rounder, go get a surefire. Click pretty much any of the sponsors up top and they'll have em, CSS, MAA, etc. for about $45-$50

Unless you have a 20ga, then you're kinda boned.