WTS: Saiga-12 Wooden Forend, Finished in Beech

post-6-1123830266.jpg

This handguard was made to a board member's specs who has since ignored all communications. It is now available on the open board. Custom made furniture will no longer be an option due to way too many instances like these.

This handguard is made from Beech Wood, the same used on factory Saiga wood stocks, and has been finished with shellac.

Price is $65 shipped to the contiguous US. Consider that this counts towards US parts compliance. This is a price reduction from what I originally charged for this product.

In case posts, PMs, and forum generated E-mails don't work, and in case I'm not on this forum soon enough, please E-mail directly using my screenname at hotmail (not spelled out to avoid spam bots.)

Edited by BattleRifleG3

The S-12 handguard is one-piece.

I expect to be selling ready made stocks, usually in sets. Difference is they will be fewer and farther apart. I won't be offering budget options (ie pine), but I will be using the stronger and more desireable varieties of woods as the norm.

Beech is one of them. My experience making this handguard is that it's tough stuff that ends up with a wonderfully smooth finish. Comparable to oak, but better looking if you like its color.

Anyone with a wooden Saiga buttstock who wants a well matched wooden forend *cough*Bvamp*cough* would be well served by this one here. As for future projects, it's clear that there's no consistent market, so anything I make will be spontaneous as time permits. I'm always open to suggestions but cannot make to order due to washouts like Lithium here.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

I have a suggestion but you don't want to hear it. Why won't you just take payment upfront like Ironwood and everyone else that has some sense? It would eliminate problems like Lithium and his crawfish cousins. :rolleyes:

IIRC, Ironwood sells items already made, not made to order. That's what I'm going to do henceforth.

If I don't have a product already made, or even prototyped, taking money for it incurs a serious liability. Some nasty stuff has happened to folks to have done that. Not saying that isn't the norm, but I'm not particularly happy with that norm.

Now is anyone interested in this handguard here? Seems wooden handguards for Saiga-12s were quite the holy grail at one point.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
This forend is for those who want a wooden handguard.  You simply unscrew the screw at the front of the original forend and then put this one in its place.

I would not recommend using a wooden handguard for mounting a rail.  Has anyone ever done this?

Hell, dude. I'll take it. Can't afford it, but I hate it when one of the good guys gets screwed. Makes it so you creative talented types can't keep operating for the benefit of the rest of us. I think I still have your email, I'll send details. Later

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.