OK guys, who is ready for a Saiga sale?

This is the real deal, Im only waiting on some papers to come in at the moment, guns will be in my warehouse for shipping out in less than 6 weeks, but Im estimating 4 weeks. All I have at the moment is the 19" S12. Once I run out I will have more coming in mid-December. Now, this IS a live pre order, you will be charged when your guns ship out to your transfer dealer. If more orders come in than I have guns for, you will be notified and your order will be ready to ship out when my second shipment comes in. Here is the link to the order page: http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewp...idproduct=55103

Happy Saiga-ing :super:

Wanted to add: 8rd factory mags will NEVER be inported by RAA, but I have spoken in person with Z1500 about the 10rd mags, and a few other possibilities, and these will be very nicely priced, and *should* be available in time for everyones Saigas being shipped.

<snip> I have spoken in person with Z1500 about the 10rd mags, and a few other possibilities, and these will be very nicely priced, and *should* be available in time for everyones Saigas being shipped.

Look, you repeated yourself :lolol:

woot!

Where are you located?

Located in not so hot anymore Tempe, AZ.

<snip> I have spoken in person with Z1500 about the 10rd mags, and a few other possibilities, and these will be very nicely priced, and *should* be available in time for everyones Saigas being shipped.

Look, you repeated yourself :lolol:

woot!

THAT is a repeat I dont mind making!

How many do you have coming in? (on order)

If they're all 19" threaded they should go fast...

Oh yeah, you might want to post in the For Sale / Trade section as well.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by dinzag

Thanks for the info!

Not sure exactly of how many, but its never enough. Were still gonna run out, but at least this time, we wont permanently run out of Saigas to sell. RAA stated that they are alternating 40 foot, and 20 foot containers, at a rate that sounded pretty good for keeping the US supplied with these. My predictions lead me to believe that if in fact we do run out, the longest wait on orders would be under a month, thats a heck of a lot better than the previous has been.

Will these come with a BHO?

This model does NOT have a BHO, but they do have a separate item number for one with BHO, those are just all spoken for already. These are 19" threaded though

Edited by TopGlock1

Thanks for the info!

Not sure exactly of how many, but its never enough. Were still gonna run out, but at least this time, we wont permanently run out of Saigas to sell. RAA stated that they are alternating 40 foot, and 20 foot containers, at a rate that sounded pretty good for keeping the US supplied with these. My predictions lead me to believe that if in fact we do run out, the longest wait on orders would be under a month, thats a heck of a lot better than the previous has been.

Will these come with a BHO?

This model does NOT have a BHO, but they do have a separate item number for one with BHO, those are just all spoken for already. These are 19" threaded though

The non-BHO's are pretty useles, IMO. Your sales probably reflected that. Do us, and yourself a favor: don't waste your and our time with the non-BHO model. But, I guess you figured that out by now. BTW: the non BHOs should go for considerably less.because the buyer will have to install one, whuich is a major pain.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate with the Saiga 12 importation, though!

The non-BHO's are pretty useles, IMO.

I'll disagree with you there. I've got one S-12 with a factory BHO, and one without. The only thing the BHO allows me to do is load an 8-round mag a little faster on a closed bolt. Loading a 5-round mag on a closed bolt is no problem with either gun. To make matters worse, the BHO doesn't engage about 1/3 of the time, and will come disengaged at the slightest bump or movement. I'm seriously considering pulling it out. If anything, I'll put notched safety levers in both guns.

I'll disagree with you there. I've got one S-12 with a factory BHO, and one without. The only thing the BHO allows me to do is load an 8-round mag a little faster on a closed bolt. Loading a 5-round mag on a closed bolt is no problem with either gun. To make matters worse, the BHO doesn't engage about 1/3 of the time, and will come disengaged at the slightest bump or movement. I'm seriously considering pulling it out. If anything, I'll put notched safety levers in both guns.

TG,

Thanks for putting this out there!

I have been waiting for a long time and all I know is that am gratefull for the opportunity to add to my collection.

Given the current price range for the new imports I am going to have to wait for a couple of paydays before I can purchase one of those gems.

Thanks again,

TC

There is obviously something wrong with your BHO. I use mine for everything, and I can smack, pound, and practically drop the gun and it won't release, UNTIL I give the bolt a slight pull to the rear. I use it either to initially load, which in the case of an 8 rounder makes the difference between a 2 second process and a 20 second process--so, non BHO is not even a serious option for me. As far as tac shooting goes, you cannot be competitive (which means you can't expect to survive a real life situation) when re-loading from a closed bolt. I count rounds and lift the BHO on the last one. Then, the bolt locks back just like your AR, and as the Russians intended, hence the location of the BHO just behind the trigger. I shoot with a Marine who is one of the finest tac shooters in the region with pistol, shotty or rifle. HE dies a thousand deaths every time he tries to compete with his Saiga 12 without the BHO.

I'm not here to give you a hard time, or to make anyone feel bad that doesn't have a factory BHO. All I am saying is that if you fixed yours, you would wonder how you got along without it. It is that important. I can't imagine shooting the Saiga 12 seriously without it.

I I'll put notched safety levers in both guns.

That is the most funky, sorry, jury rigged solution in the AK world. No flame, but. . .I am beginning to get that you don't shoot tactically or practice defense tactics much. But that's OK, if that's what you do. It's just that it's misleading to guys that want to perform with their Siaga 12 to say that (1) the BHO is of no use, and (2) that a rigged, notched safety lever is anything other than an embarrassing, backwoods thing to do to any AK. Sorry dude, but I can't agree.

Oh, wait. . .I just noticed your handle. I just realized that you are the guy that is trying to get rid of those non-BHO guns that you got stuck with. Dude. . .I have been in business for over 30 years. The one thing I for certain learned is that when you try to blow smoke up people, they will catch on quick, and you will be hurt in the long run. At least say that you messed up and got some of each kind, and that the better ones (BHO) went like lightning and the others are kind of left.

Hell, you as much said that in yor other post ("'they" are spoken for"). So, what happened. . .did the BHO models go to your enemies, because they ar so inferior to the non- BHO? Hell, it's hard to say that even jokingly. At least offer those at a reduced price, and promise to not get any more of those. We would understand that. But, dude, what you are trying to do here will only bite you in the end, no pun intended.

Edited by inparidel

Easy, my saiga does not have a factory bolt hold divice so I cut the safety handle, I have practiced a lot and can operate it pretty fast. I can also load eight round mags from the closed bolt, most of the time. But the seconds it takes to lock the bolt and switch mags are worth it because if I screw up a mag change which does happen now and then it can screw up the whole match. I came in third place last time the two guys that beat me did so by 17 seconds. There is lots of places I could have been quicker but that screwed up mag change cost me at least 5 or 6 seconds could have been more I don't know. Yeah I got froggie and was ahead in the match and I knew it, so I tried to load a fresh eight with out locking the bolt back and I screwed the pooch on it. :eek: I would say lock the bolt back one way or another,

There is obviously something wrong with your BHO. I use mine for everything, and I can smack, pound, and practically drop the gun and it won't release, UNTIL I give the bolt a slight pull to the rear. I use it either to initially load, which in the case of an 8 rounder makes the difference between a 2 second process and a 20 second process--so, non BHO is not even a serious option for me. As far as tac shooting goes, you cannot be competitive (which means you can't expect to survive a real life situation) when re-loading from a closed bolt. I count rounds and lift the BHO on the last one. Then, the bolt locks back just like your AR, and as the Russians intended, hence the location of the BHO just behind the trigger. I shoot with a Marine who is one of the finest tac shooters in the region with pistol, shotty or rifle. HE dies a thousand deaths every time he tries to compete with his Saiga 12 without the BHO.

I'm not here to give you a hard time, or to make anyone feel bad that doesn't have a factory BHO. All I am saying is that if you fixed yours, you would wonder how you got along without it. It is that important. I can't imagine shooting the Saiga 12 seriously without it.

That is the most funky, sorry, jury rigged solution in the AK world. No flame, but. . .I am beginning to get that you don't shoot tactically or practice defense tactics much. But that's OK, if that's what you do. It's just that it's misleading to guys that want to perform with their Siaga 12 to say that (1) the BHO is of no use, and (2) that a rigged, notched safety lever is anything other than an embarrassing, backwoods thing to do to any AK. Sorry dude, but I can't agree.

Oh, wait. . .I just noticed your handle. I just realized that you are the guy that is trying to get rid of those non-BHO guns that you got stuck with. Dude. . .I have been in business for over 30 years. The one thing I for certain learned is that when you try to blow smoke up people, they will catch on quick, and you will be hurt in the long run. At least say that you messed up and got some of each kind, and that the better ones (BHO) went like lightning and the others are kind of left.

Hell, you as much said that in yor other post ("'they" are spoken for"). So, what happened. . .did the BHO models go to your enemies, because they ar so inferior to the non- BHO? Hell, it's hard to say that even jokingly. At least offer those at a reduced price, and promise to not get any more of those. We would understand that. But, dude, what you are trying to do here will only bite you in the end, no pun intended.

Imp,

Please do not take this as disrespect, but are we talking about the same firearm that is being imported as a sporting rifle?

I don't disagree with your points about prices, but I just wanted to clarify that we are talking about the same firearm.

I thought part of this forum was to encourage members to modify and customize S12's to their liking.

As I have been told in the past by those wiser than I "some is better than none".

So for someone like myself who has been waiting for almost a year to get another S12 I am very appreciative of what is being offered because the previous options were very limited.

If I am out of line here then please forgive my ignorance and excuse me as a newbie of this forum.

TC

Your view is your view, but your attitude is not appreciated. This is RAA's first shipment into the US, like it or not. I for one will take what is available. Im not blowing smoke, nor am I "stuck" with these guns. I am currently the ONLY one offering these RAA imported guns for sale. Im glad you have been in business for 30 years, dont expect many more with your attitude that your perception is the correct way. I did not get some of each kind, This is what I got. This "reduced price" you speak of, is the price they are selling for. The cost on these is unbelievably high, its the first shipment. If you havent looked on the site and noticed, I am selling all long guns at 2% over my cost on them. I was asked to look into gettting these out ASAP, and I busted my ass and pulled some string, and I have Saigas up for sale. If you dont want an "inferior" non BHO gun, then by all means dont order any, but no one asked you to put in your opinion of what I am doing. I will not respond to any more derogatory posts, I am not here to trash talk to anyone, I am here because I am a Saiga fan, and now I am selling them If you feel the need to talk about my business, you may call me at my listed office phone number, but please, dont further pollute this forum with it.

TopGlock- Thanks for thinking of us. Forget the assholes that would complain if they were hung with a new rope (DON'T YOU HAVE ONE THAT IS A LITTLE SOFTER?) New Saigas after the long dry spell PRICELESS!!

I don't think you will have any trouble getting rid of them. Anyone that just has to have a BHO can just add one themselves or if they are not competent enough themselves --have it done. I added one of Makc's to mine, but the factory pieces should be available again soon.

G O B

TopGlock,

Do you have any idea how much Saiga .223 rifles are going to go for? :eek:

I dont have any available to me at the moment, dont know if none came into the US yet or if they were just allocated to someone else, but the Saiga 223 will retail UNDER 300, not sure how far under, but definitely under. Although, the adjustable cheekpiece version of the 223 may be about $20 higher than the others.

TopGlock,

Do you have any idea how much Saiga .223 rifles are going to go for? :eek:

I dont have any available to me at the moment, dont know if none came into the US yet or if they were just allocated to someone else, but the Saiga 223 will retail UNDER 300, not sure how far under, but definitely under. Although, the adjustable cheekpiece version of the 223 may be about $20 higher than the others.

If that is the case I will be getting one, I plan to convert it for competitions, my S-12 and my S-223 will look alike. For serious competition I'll still use my AR. But for the gun club monthly match the S-12 and .223 would be really neat.

Imp, got to say I just lost a great deal of respect for you.

You make a lot of assumptions. How much are the bho models going to sell for, how much premium are on these shotguns because they've been unavailable so long, what makes you think you should be able to set this pricing?

How many members are going to compete with theirs? Even the ones that do may not agree with your version of what's superior. Your hot shot friend is likely a good local shooter, but I know of no national caliber (or is that gauge) shooter that uses a Saiga.

I got to tell you In my mind there is no WAY that counting shots = "tactical". I'm going to guess that there isn't a serious tactical trainer that would have you counting rounds.

Maybe some competitors are better with a BHO. But this leaves you ripe for a mess up in your plans and counting.

In my mind, for competitions, the superior way to shoot will be using higher capacity mags (think 10 round mag with a 2 round extension) and reloading with one in the tube and a partial to empty mag (meaning a CLOSED BOLT). Practice and become proficient at one type of reload, especially on the move. Most competitions cap you at 10 round reloads/capacity, but with the added capacity a closed bolt reload will be .... easy. Hmmm, no you don't need to count, you don't need to release the bolt. In a pistol, IPSC shooters would call this a "speed reload" ... wonder why? Locking back the last round to reload is called an "emergency reload" by IDPA shooters. Wonder why?

All the above is just written to show that different folks may see things differently. Instead, you've come on the board preaching one way of shooting, with the experience of a mid level shooter as evidence. All else is inferior. Nevermind the fact that some may be using theirs for hunting, plinking, clay games (where a bho is nice, but not neccessary), hd/sd (where I think the bho might be tempting to learn the bad habit of counting), and whatever else I might have forgotten. Worse part is you've taken your weak argument over a narrow application of the saiga's use and turned it into an insult on the first vendor to offer Saiga's and DOMESTIC MAGS (ok, currently only 20 ga , but we'll get 12's soon enough). Insult is a nice word, slander is probably closer to true, but I'm just a nice guy.

Bottom line, I was both infuriated and embarrassed by your comments.

YMMV and IMO (not so humble)

A request. If you want to respond, and I wouldn't blame you, why not

a. PM me

b. start a thread debating the merits of the BHO in competitions

c. Not post in a thread aimed at announcing the availability of S12's?

Your view is your view, but your attitude is not appreciated. This is RAA's first shipment into the US, like it or not. I for one will take what is available. Im not blowing smoke, nor am I "stuck" with these guns. I am currently the ONLY one offering these RAA imported guns for sale. Im glad you have been in business for 30 years, dont expect many more with your attitude that your perception is the correct way. I did not get some of each kind, This is what I got. This "reduced price" you speak of, is the price they are selling for. The cost on these is unbelievably high, its the first shipment. If you havent looked on the site and noticed, I am selling all long guns at 2% over my cost on them. I was asked to look into gettting these out ASAP, and I busted my ass and pulled some string, and I have Saigas up for sale. If you dont want an "inferior" non BHO gun, then by all means dont order any, but no one asked you to put in your opinion of what I am doing. I will not respond to any more derogatory posts, I am not here to trash talk to anyone, I am here because I am a Saiga fan, and now I am selling them If you feel the need to talk about my business, you may call me at my listed office phone number, but please, dont further pollute this forum with it.

Top:

I apologize. I re-read the post and I probably was a bit harsh. I repeat that I AM VERY GLAD that you stepped up to the plate as the US importer. I should not have spoken without knowing whether you even got a choice of BHO od non. That was a hectic day for me. I was a bit over the top. Sorry.

I'll put notched safety levers in both guns.

That is the most funky, sorry, jury rigged solution in the AK world. No flame, but. . .I am beginning to get that you don't shoot tactically or practice defense tactics much.

You don't know anything about me, or the kind of shooting I do, so don't even go there.

Oh, wait. . .I just noticed your handle. I just realized that you are the guy that is trying to get rid of those non-BHO guns that you got stuck with.

You've got the wrong guy; I think you meant to quote TopGlock.

Edited by shooter2
I am currently the ONLY one offering these RAA imported guns for sale.

TopGlock, you are not the only one selling the Saigas. We ordered almost 70 of them. But we are not taking money or advertising the guns until they are in the country, but that is not to say that we have not made this fact known to other dealers we work with. Having dealt with the Russians before on some other imports we have found it to be the best course of action. They may tell RAA that they have shipped, but that does not mean that they REALLY have shipped.

We will be selling the fully loaded versions, as well as performing our own conversions to traditional atyles and advanced styles with rails, peep sights and other advanced features and finishes.

TopGlock, you are not the only one selling the Saigas. We ordered almost 70 of them. But we are not taking money or advertising the guns until they are in the country, but that is not to say that we have not made this fact known to other dealers we work with. Having dealt with the Russians before on some other imports we have found it to be the best course of action. They may tell RAA that they have shipped, but that does not mean that they REALLY have shipped.

We will be selling the fully loaded versions, as well as performing our own conversions to traditional atyles and advanced styles with rails, peep sights and other advanced features and finishes.

PvtPyle I'm glad you spoke up, TopGlock was really blowing his own horn.

As far as RAA is concerned, are factory 8 rounders going to be imported?

Now, here is a man who understands the Russians. They promise but do not always deliver for all kinds of reasons including not greasing the palms of export customs officials. The Russians drove the EAA import folks nuts. I still believe we will be into 2006 before we see the new Saigas on US soil. But that is just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Wolverine