Elite Firearms

I sent a 12 to Dave eight weeks ago for conversion and haven't heard back for a while. His web site is also down or gone. Anyone have his phone number? Thanks Bruce

EliteFireArms.net - Saiga Conversions, Kit Builds, AK Pistols and Certified Gun Smith. 817-285-8663

Good luck!

I'm having a problem with Elite FireArms of Hurst ,Texas myself...His cell phone numbers are no longer good..I was unaware that his web page is down..:-(...However the number mentioned above is still answered by Answering machine/voicemail..or by a Mark..Who gives no info other than "Dave will get back to me"

Dave Michenor still has failed to return to me a new Saiga 5rd mag...Internal parts including BHOs' that was not put back into my Saiga conversions..Stocks etc...When I brought this to his attenttion...He stated...That all my parts & mag was UPS'd to me A Good while back(More than 8weeks ago)..& insured for $350...but might be lost in shipment....I stated that I either need the parts or the insured replacement...he told me he was sending me a couple of his External BHO Safety levers to replace the Internal BHOs..but to no avail..:-(....I recorded our last conversation...so there would be no future problems with what was what...:-)..he also stated that his shop had been flooded...etc...& he was having problems...etc..

I can seriously add that this is the only problem I have had with EliteFirearms ....& that ALL the conversions/Saigas I recieved back from dave came out extremely well..& he was quite honorable with any mistakes made ...However....I think I have been extremely patient considering all the time that has passed by & I certainly hope that he will remain true to his honor/Integrity & make good on all the problems to date..

Edited by StarLynx
Dave butchered my S-12 conversion, which had to be fixed by Tony at Tromix. I suggest people stick avoid Elite at all cost. Just my experience...

Dave did a real good job on all the Saiga Conversions for me...My only complaint o was He cut off a Full choke barrel that I wanted left as is...(To 18.5"...from 22"...)...& has yet to return my new 5rd mag for a S12...&other various parts..BHO(Internal...)etc..Other than that...all shot well..& were refinished with Duracoat.....None of mine looked like the pics you presented..Sorry for your loss...

Did Dave even offer to correct or replace your Saiga???

Man!

You don't even what to see the thread topics about elitefirearms on AR15.com :eek:

I had both my Saigas slated for them. Now I'm going to AK-USA :angel:

How far back are those dated ,Dodge??....i need to look those up....see if anybody is in the same shape as me on this little escapade...I may need to dust off his parking lot there in Hurst,Texas...& retrieve my gear...as soon as I get this cast off my arm... :smoke:

Are you still @ Hood??..

How far back are those dated ,Dodge??....i need to look those up....see if anybody is in the same shape as me on this little escapade...I may need to dust off his parking lot there in Hurst,Texas...& retrieve my gear...as soon as I get this cast off my arm... :smoke:

Are you still @ Hood??..

Yep. About 2 1/2 hours from Dallas/Fort Worth.

South on Hwy 35. South of Waco.

Are you still @ Hood??..

Here's a thread over at the AKfils:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8740

Hrm...scary. Again, you may get the BBB involved or the Attourney General. Since he is a FFL and it's interstate commerce, he's breaking two federal laws if he doesn't follow through, perhaps you might could get him for some sort of fraud too. After 8 weeks you may just want to flex your muscles some and get shit moving. If a warning doesn't work, get the process in motion and contact everyone you can. Better Business Bureau, Texas Attourney General, hell, get the ATF involved. Stealing firearms is their jurisdiction. I'm sure there's even more you could get involved if you want...

I got confirmation of all my stuff being mailed...Elite even thru in some extra goodies for my trouble....I think Dave just got behind....& like I said before...I got no other complaints about his work...His Duracoats on my weapons were outstanding..,too.....he had more than 75 guns in the shop he was converting at one time..

I think if anyone that has a complaint...they should just be patient & I'm sure he'll make it good...Shit happens... :smoke:

Thanks for that Web addy,Tiny.......

Dodge...Oh yal..I know where Hood is...Did a little time there myself...Still water a BlkHWk there when We need a drink...

I got ahold of Dave on the phone yesterday. He said my rifle should be shipped Wed! I guess his work is outstanding but his communication skills need work. He built a new flashhider for my rifle similar to the AR-15. Will post pics when it gets here. Bruce

I got ahold of Dave on the phone yesterday. He said my rifle should be shipped Wed! I guess his work is outstanding but his communication skills need work. He built a new flashhider for my rifle similar to the AR-15. Will post pics when it gets here. Bruce

Bruce,

I'd be really suprised if you get it. from the looks of things over here (AK FILES) it looks like Dave is good at making promises. keeping them is another story.

caspian

just my two cents, but assuming that for some reason I wouldnt do my own conversion, which is an impossibility as its simple to do and clean the gun up if you have the tools, if I did send my gun off it would be to Tony Rumore. His reputation is impeccible, and HE IS A DONATER TO OUR FORUM! Good work, and has honor? why not go to tony is what you should all ask yourselves./

just my two cents, but assuming that for some reason I wouldnt do my own conversion, which is an impossibility as its simple to do and clean the gun up if you have the tools, if I did send my gun off it would be to Tony Rumore. His reputation is impeccible, and HE IS A DONATER TO OUR FORUM! Good work, and has honor? why not go to tony is what you should all ask yourselves./

Several reasons,,For one...When i had decided to get all my guns converted...Tony had temporary stopped doing any...

#2...I had already heard some bad stories about all the rest of the smiths do'n saigas'...except for dave...& even had several posters praising dave for his work..

& Dave always answered his emails/phone calls with answers to questions etc..That is untill he got so busy with all the saigas he was put'n out.he was a One man operation for most of the time..

+..I got no probs with his quality on any of mine..just the time it took to do the very last one..& some of the parts I wanted back...Stocks Etc...

His price & Duracoat job was more agreable,too..

i had the good fortune to shoot several of Tonys SBS creations..& they are exceptionally OUTSTANDING!..

Might even send a few to em if he has the time..

ya ,know...I had a supervisor order me to extract some of our guys from a VERY hot LZ..Got em all back alive..but not wo whack'n quite few Columbians & Cubans that got in our way...that oposed us doing our job...Got a multimillion $ bird shot up during the course of action..too....All the Supervisor could do was BITCH about the collateral damage.....Well..His reason'n/afterthought & armchair quarterback'n wasn't worth a shit either....

Just my .05 cents worth..... :smoke:

Edited by StarLynx

hey im not knocking anybody, but I have to say that that was a nice and witty defense/cristicism on your part. very subtle.

Ive heard a few complaints about daves work, also some serious delays, which is inevitable when you accept so much work its hard to keep up. thats always understandable. me however, if it were something that I cannot personally handle, I would most likely need someone that has a specific level of expertise to do what I would need done, which in my particular case, would warrant tony over most other builders out there. the guys work is outstanding, and Ive yet to see one complaint, so I wouldnt have a problem trusting the man with a 5,000$ gun in the mail. personally, I dont think his prices are high enough. there is a difference between working with something and having a true artisanship to your work. I too, have seen some of his work up close, and Id go with him over anybody in a heartbeat. then again, I wouldnt send off an akm-anything to be cleaned up and pretty-fied. and, like i stated, he is a contributer here, and I will endorse him over any other builder simply because they dont donate here. nevermind the level of quality of his work.

and if you dont agree with that logic, well, thats fine, and you are more than entitled to do so.

Everything going all right Dave?

Any respones for the forum. Good to see you on here reading these comments.

As you are really close to where I live. I've seriously given thought to you doing conversions. Any explanation to these wild claims on aR15.com?

Put some of this to rest maybe.....

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

I wish you guys would all have read up on my thread over on ARFCom before Diamond Dave screwed you too. Here are the "custom markings" he gouged into my new Arsenal, Inc. SLR-105:

slr1050131xd.jpg

Nice, huh? Dave told me over the phone that my rifle was "picturesque." Dave said that the selector markings were "right out of a book." He also chucked my Bulgarian selector and replaced it with a Saiga selector - then tried to lie about it. He also mashed the hell out of the pins on the FSB and gas block.

Dave Michener is a con-artist, thief and all-around piece of shit. The good news is that Ted Marshall has completed the repairs on the "markings" that Diamond Dave gouged in and Chris Butler should be finishing the rest shortly.

http://ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=77063&page=1

• 2 years later...

Dave, from elitefirearms is possibly an interstate fraud and theft artist. do not do business with that guy unless you are willing to have his work fixed by someone who cares about the customer. he butchered a romanian ak of mine, and was absolutely unprofessional in every aspect. i tried real hard to remain polite about the ordeal, and he told me to "go %$#& myself" i learned the hard way. I am lucky he didn't steal my rifle or replace my kvar trigger group with century garbage, like he has been known to do. I wish i had done more research on his work before i commissioned him to work on mine. i paid for a lot of work that he fraudulently neglected to do, ie crown my barrel after he cut it, after all i paid for the recrown, or molyresin my rifle, like i paid for, instead of giving it back to me in od green krylon or rustoleum shake and spray. and didn't even bother to paint my metal folding stock, either. i still can't believe he looked me in the face and tried to pass off my romanian bolt carrier, complete with the matching part #'s as my reciever and bolt, as a new bulgarian bolt carrier. never again. not with dave or elitefirearms.

you have been warned.

Dave in short is a complete and utter shithead. I know him as he is local in my area. He does fewer and fewer guns shows, etc. simply because his business practices suck and his communication skills suck even worse. He sold me a new AK with what turned out to be a rusted from the inside out gas tube. When questioned about it his response was not only wouldn't he do anything about it but because they are surplus parts they all come that way! One phone call to KVAR got me a new gas tube and guess what, NO RUST! The schmuck also knew I was a local police officer so you can imagine how some other folks might get done over. The bottom line is stay away from him because when it comes to the almighty dollar the guy would dig up his dead grandmother to sell her gold fillings if he thought he could make a buck. And if you still don't get it by now I would put him on par with the Wraithfaker family of turds. Other than that he's a wonderful person.