Conver BM59 mags?

post-2184-1142336395_thumb.jpg

post-2184-1142335128_thumb.jpg

post-2184-1142335188_thumb.jpg

post-2184-1142335281_thumb.jpg

post-2184-1142335318_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I was working on a friend's BM59 awhile back and looked at the magazine for it. It looks very close to the Saiga magazine. I know that the BM59 20 rd magazines are getting scarce and they are expensive ( from $49 for rusty pitted ones or $75 for new ones)) but I think that it is pretty doable. Some pics for comparisons. Looks like you need to cut the sides, build up the front guide, put a tab at the back, and file down the two stops on each side of the mag.

On another note, I got the Russian made low profile side mount and put a red dot scope on it. -35MM tube with adjustable dot size from 4 to 12 moa. Shoots about 4" at 100 yds. I will try a standard scope and some good rounds to see what it can actually do later. Looking to get a adaptor and then get a long flash hider to tame the blinding fireball.

My bad I thought he was selling them for 65.00 bucks. I saw that and said there was no way i would pay 65.00 a mag for a 300.00 dollar gun ( I'm a cheep bastard ) and never followed up on it. sorry for the missinformation