Conversion of a Saiga MK01/03 into AKSU/Krink style rifle

Hi guys

I would like to buy an AKSU Krinkov-Style rifle in 7.62x39mm. Unfortunately here in Switzerland we only can get the version in 5.45x39mm from ISD Bulgaria or if you have luck you also can get a Tula Krink. There are also a few Arsenal AR-SF in Switzerland but they have an UF and the only AR-SF I recently found are in .223. Unfortunaltely Arsenal doesnt offer their SLR-Series here in Europe or at least they dont offer them on their page here.

There is a gun-shop in Germany, which offers a converted Saiga MK03, but the shop wants 3999Euro for it 😱

so the easiest way to get a 7.62 Krink is to buy a Saiga MK01 or MK03 here in Switzerland and then do a barrel-swap. I can get a new Saiga MK01 or MK03 for 1100CHF here, which quite cheap for such a quality AK.

My question is know, what parts do I need for the Krinkov conversion? Is it possible to use the installed barrel or would it be easier to swap out the installed barrel with a complete 8.5" barrel assembly? K-Var is offering a complete barrel assembly from Arsenal for 600$, but I dont know if this barrel will fit into the front trunnion of a Saiga. I read somewhere the OD of the Saiga trunnion is 22mm. The Arsenal barrel has an OD of 23mm but I guess that can be turned down.

What else do I need except the dust-cover, shorter gas piston and new wood furniture?

Thanks for any help

Edit. I just realised that I cannot use the Arsenal barrel assembly, cause this is for a milled receiver and the Saiga has a stamped receiver.

Edited by Agent-Orange