Interest Check - Backwards, but potentially very neat

Hey folks,

I've been working gradually towards doing an AK project that is basically a Saiga style, only better. This would involve no true Saigas in any way, shape, or form, because I believe that the main advantage of Saigas is their excellent factory manufacturing which should be left alone apart from the standard conversions to AK config. In other words, "No Saigas were harmed in the making of this project."

My idea would basically be a somewhat different and radical approach to an AK Sporter. It would be more military looking than Saigas in some ways, and more classic sporting rifle in others. Basically, placing practical design over the cheapest, simplest way to bring an AK through customs.

Advantages over Saiga - it would combine the best features of the non-converted with the best features of the converted style. It would also be made from typical AK kits, so those rare of you who would want a 5.45x39mm Saiga could get your wish, sort of.

Disadvantages - this would ONLY be for builders or custom smiths. This wouldn't be something you could buy ready made, as I'm not about to get a manufacturing FFL. What I would offer would be the parts that would be different between this and a regular AK build, which would include some custom parts and some modified parts. There would be some builder work required, but most would just be standard AK building.

Reason I'm asking is to see how to prioritize my efforts, ie this vs other projects. So if you really really want G3 and Mini-14 mag adaptors first, or things like that, let me know and I'll keep this to myself. Otherwise I'll see about documenting my progress and developing ways to offer the same thing to others.