That guide looks pretty straightforward. The only thing I'd add is you really need sandbags to accomplish this. You have to have the rifle secure enough that it doesn't shift at all when you move your head from the sights to the scope.

If you don't have sandbags you can make them out of old blue jean legs. Use the coarsest CLEAN playground sand you can find. A bag of it shouldn't be more than 3-5 bucks and will be enough for you and all your friends to make sandbags with. Do not use thin or dirty sand unless you want to get covered in it every time you pull the trigger. Some people use rice but I don't care for it as it shifts too easy for my taste. Oh, and don't overfill the bags as then they won't let the rifle nest down in them if you do.

I'd also use a better target than the one shown in the pic. If you use a larger target with a lot of aiming marks it's easier to get the rifle situated on a mark. It doesn't matter where on the target the iron sights rest at as long as you can identify that same mark when you move to the scope. Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Guntoter